R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree17Likes

Old 12-31-2015, 09:47 PM   #17506
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ready for Turf... Trying the new Trinity Fan mount
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-944679_1106545806034881_1179463775499512614_n.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-10414911_1106545836034878_9174805428006472325_n.jpg  
Old 12-31-2015, 10:54 PM   #17507
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

can you take more pics of that fan mount?
JEFFs SC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:34 PM   #17508
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10 View Post
can you take more pics of that fan mount?
Looks like this one
http://www.teamtrinity.com/shop/inde...product_id=852
thecman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 07:54 AM   #17509
Tech Adept

Is there a lay down tranny made by Team Associated for the B5M (CE). The 'real' champions edition had one, so ...it would be nice to support the carpet, astroturf drivers. more weight in front of car is needed on that type of surface.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:27 AM   #17510
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 158 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svendc View Post
Is there a lay down tranny made by Team Associated for the B5M (CE). The 'real' champions edition had one, so ...it would be nice to support the carpet, astroturf drivers. more weight in front of car is needed on that type of surface.
Nothing made by AE, and from what I've heard from an AE engineer it's "not gonna happen". There are options out there if you really want one though.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:34 AM   #17511
Tech Regular

So ony one person drives a B5M on medium/low grip tracks? Come on guys This can't be

Please help help me decide
man1ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:38 AM   #17512
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by man1ac View Post
Just got back from my first indoor carpet session with my B5. Broke the damn chassis. Thats why I am thinking of getting the B5 to B5m Conversion Kit.

I mostly run on a local clay track. I can't tell if the grip is medium / low / high, due to it's completely dependend to the weather.
We had 4 weeks sunshine, the clay dusty like hell. Then it rains every vew days and the clay stays wet constantly, you have super nice grip.

So I dont know If the upgrade to the B5m would be a good idea (I would repair my chassis of the B5 with the B5m to B5 kit, because it costs just 10 more, but has damn lot more parts included).

Any suggestions?
I'd pick up a B5M if possible and use the rear car for parts, alot of the stuff is worth it's weight in gold when you break at the track and have a direct replacement.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:43 AM   #17513
Tech Regular

So your suggesting buying a hole new kit?
I "was" aiming at the upcoming 4wd AE Car...because I don't want to buy a B5M FL and hear about a B5.1 (or whatever) in the next few months.
(And mainly, because I am far away of needing 2 2wd buggies for one track)
Old 01-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #17514
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
So ony one person drives a B5M on medium/low grip tracks? Come on guys This can't be

Get the B5M conversion. Even though its a MM car, it works very well in lower traction conditions. You will be happy with it.

Its hard to suggest a perfect set-up for someone. What one person likes, another may hate. The track I run at is like what you described even though its an indoor track ( its open to the public for bash sessions thru the week and is takes most of the race day to get it into good shape).

I just bought my daughter a new B5M CE and we started out with the kit set-up. It was a very good all around neutral set-up. We made a couple small changes to suit her driving style and the track conditions and it was pretty much hooked from there.

So I would suggest starting with the kit set-up. When you need the car to do something better, make an adjustment. Keep track of what you do that works and what doesn't so you have a reference in the future. The designers and team guys put a lot of work into a set-up that goes into the book. Give them a little credit. They know what they are doing If this doesn't satisfy you, go to the AE web site and download one.
RC Pro Racing VA, Awesome Hobbies(RIP), Debbies RC World VA, Thunder Alley Raceway NC
Jerm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 09:15 AM   #17515
Tech Regular

Thanks for your replies! Thank god someone suggesting the Conversion Kit I was getting the idea that having 2wd buggies wont be to bad *getoutofmymind*

I wasnt / am not sure, because everyone tells you: "MM is just for super duper high end ultra grip" - and these kind of tracks are quite uncommon in my area (if they are high grip, its carpet. I drive there 2-3 times a year, so wont take that as important).
Old 01-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #17516
a1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks for your replies! Thank god someone suggesting the Conversion Kit I was getting the idea that having 2wd buggies wont be to bad *getoutofmymind*

I wasnt / am not sure, because everyone tells you: "MM is just for super duper high end ultra grip" - and these kind of tracks are quite uncommon in my area (if they are high grip, its carpet. I drive there 2-3 times a year, so wont take that as important).
I use my b5m fl on low to mid pack dirt. No problems so far and I have been able to get the traction i need from tunning. Track is packed dirt with a dusty top layer. Then when they water it turns to kind of a muddy top layer. I did spend 30 dollars more to add the 4 gear transmission. I read the extra gear will take some power away from the initial hit of throttle, and the direction the motor is placed in helps push the rear down. It seems to be working fine even though i have had it on track about 3 times. I believe the extra rotating mass helps straighten up car as well.I ordered some caliber rears which hook up pretty good for me on this track.. better the hole shots and blockades. im using holeshots now all around. Switching to calibers back and ribbed fronts. Will likely use the holeshotsand calibers both depending on track being wet or dry.
a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #17517
Tech Champion

Quote:

+1 get the conversion
Not sure on med to low bite but most people put the rear motor rear arms, front arms, and front shock tower on their MM's around here to get a lil more rear bite and calm the steering down. Since you already have them the conversion is a cheap upgrade!
Old 01-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #17518
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 488 (100%+)

Quote:

I drive one of mine on a wet low traction outdoor track. What do you need to know?
Old 01-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #17519
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1 View Post
I use my b5m fl on low to mid pack dirt. No problems so far and I have been able to get the traction i need from tunning. Track is packed dirt with a dusty top layer. Then when they water it turns to kind of a muddy top layer. I did spend 30 dollars more to add the 4 gear transmission. I read the extra gear will take some power away from the initial hit of throttle, and the direction the motor is placed in helps push the rear down. It seems to be working fine even though i have had it on track about 3 times. I believe the extra rotating mass helps straighten up car as well.I ordered some caliber rears which hook up pretty good for me on this track.. better the hole shots and blockades. im using holeshots now all around. Switching to calibers back and ribbed fronts. Will likely use the holeshotsand calibers both depending on track being wet or dry.
Can you give me the part numbers to get the complete 4gear transmission conversion also??
I am using HoleShots, too, so your statement sounds very good for a change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecman26 View Post
+1 get the conversion
Not sure on med to low bite but most people put the rear motor rear arms, front arms, and front shock tower on their MM's around here to get a lil more rear bite and calm the steering down. Since you already have them the conversion is a cheap upgrade!
Heard that also, and switching right/left in the back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
I drive one of mine on a wet low traction outdoor track. What do you need to know?
Any kind of comparison to a B5 or what to change to make the B5M more a "loose dirt kind of buggy". As above mentioned: 4gear transmission will be added to my list, anything else?

For very low grip days: Should I add a Saddle Pack? Normally I only use Shortys, but if it helps
Old 01-01-2016, 11:16 AM   #17520
Tech Champion

Quote:
Heard that also, and switching right/left in the back?

Any kind of comparison to a B5 or what to change to make the B5M more a "loose dirt kind of buggy". As above mentioned: 4gear transmission will be added to my list, anything else?

For very low grip days: Should I add a Saddle Pack? Normally I only use Shortys, but if it helps
Yes

The conversion kit should already have all the parts your gonna need for 4 gear tranny btw.

Saddle pack or square pack is a nice tuning option to have on hand!