R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 12-16-2015, 10:10 AM   #17296
Tech Rookie

Has anyone purchased a Phantom body from Pro-Line? Did it fit?

The one I received SUCKS
KC Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:35 AM   #17297
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
He's very fast. In stock I think it's been Thomas, Joey, Stuart, Juan the last few weeks 1-4 with any of the 4 able to win. Andrew Gray is blazing too when he's there (he just won the classic). I tend to be in that next wave of guys after those top 4 (finished 5th a few times). Since you're new, I would just go 3 gear (for 17.5) and then go look at the Factory Lite setup sheet on AE's website. Copy that and start there. It was very good. Very neutral and easy to drive.
Yup, that's exactly what I plan to do, though I've heard to use heavier shock fluid (currently 37.5/40). I'm not sure which gear set to use though at Bumps. Right now I have a 34 pinion and 72 spur.
Kalio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #17298
Tech Initiate

how often do you guys replace plastic suspension parts. im finding that after 4 or 5 runs there is a ton of slop in the suspension. mainly in the front. rear takes about twice as long to get sloppy. gets kind of old replacing all the plastics in the front after everyday of racing. I run 17.5 on medium bite indoor clay. my t5m is even worse.
walter white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:43 AM   #17299
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter white View Post
how often do you guys replace plastic suspension parts. im finding that after 4 or 5 runs there is a ton of slop in the suspension. mainly in the front. rear takes about twice as long to get sloppy. gets kind of old replacing all the plastics in the front after everyday of racing. I run 17.5 on medium bite indoor clay. my t5m is even worse.
Been running the same front end on my buggy that I first built it with , 1.5 years ago. Very little slop. I also run on indoor clay, very high bite. It is important to run the set screw kit in the buggy, and glue in your front axle inserts.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:21 AM   #17300
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalio View Post
Yup, that's exactly what I plan to do, though I've heard to use heavier shock fluid (currently 37.5/40). I'm not sure which gear set to use though at Bumps. Right now I have a 34 pinion and 72 spur.
You can try that but I think that's pretty thick on the oils.

Especially when it starts getting colder. Just use the Factory Lite setup exactly. Even if you have the CE parts, it will still treat ya well

17.5 gearing is close enough. I use 33/69 but that's not really that different. You're in the ball park so don't worry too much about that. Get your Dirt Webs or Bar Flys worn in some and you'll be dialed
Old 12-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #17301
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have some slop in my car too. don't worry about it. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, slop = grip. These cars work best IMO when they are clapped out. The only exception is drive train. I shoot for zero slop there.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:43 AM   #17302
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My suspension stuff doesnt seem too clapped out, ran the car for 6 months straight and didnt change an arm or anything. There is definitely some slop but not excessive
RobsRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #17303
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Dirt View Post
Has anyone purchased a Phantom body from Pro-Line? Did it fit?

The one I received SUCKS
I have two and they fit great.
SC5M(x2), B5M, SC10.2, FT SC10, FT TC5, FT TC4, 12R5, AE Rival MT, RC10 Classic, RC10 Worlds, CW Pro Comp Outlaw, F104 pro v2, RJ Speed Legend, Traxxas Slash(x2), 4x4 Slash VXL, Vendetta ST, Axial SCX10, Yeti, Smt10, G-Made/AX10, Tamiya Super Clodbuster
pettyeagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #17304
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 486 (100%+)

I have a few Phantom bodies and they all fit fine....both 3 gear and 4 gear.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:51 PM   #17305
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Barry View Post
You can try that but I think that's pretty thick on the oils.

Especially when it starts getting colder. Just use the Factory Lite setup exactly. Even if you have the CE parts, it will still treat ya well

17.5 gearing is close enough. I use 33/69 but that's not really that different. You're in the ball park so don't worry too much about that. Get your Dirt Webs or Bar Flys worn in some and you'll be dialed
You were right, that fluid was way too thick. It seemed to work with my B4 but I knew immediately it wasn't right for the B5m. I changed it back to stock (32.5/30) and it felt great after that. I played around with gears and different can timings, unfortunately the combo I liked most made the motor too hot (34/75 and 45 timing) so I dialed the timing back to 40. Anyway, once I had the shocks setup properly this car felt great!
Kalio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 08:48 PM   #17306
Tech Rookie

Quote:
I just installed the Schelle B5 shock bushings on my B5M Lite... wow, it made everything so much tighter!! It is awesome and the bushings are easy and cheap to replace!

I have only 3 days of practice on them, so I don't know how long they last yet!
Bubblehead21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 09:31 AM   #17307
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am wanting to pick up tuning springs for my Factory Lite. I will mainly be running outdoors on medium bite dirt. What springs should I get?
Old 12-17-2015, 09:32 AM   #17308
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Kave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbandit View Post
I am wanting to pick up tuning springs for my Factory Lite. I will mainly be running outdoors on medium bite dirt. What springs should I get?
Green/White fronts and Green/white rears is all I expect you need.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:03 AM   #17309
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbandit View Post
just pick up the whole set and then your covered
Tdub77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 06:00 AM   #17310
Super Moderator

Have any of you tried running the GHEA +2 pills with Pucks? I had them in the car and the drive pin on the dog bone was right up to the edge of the out drive. I ran it for a pack or two that way and really liked the way it handled but I pulled the +2's out just because I didn't want to risk breaking an out drive.

I'm thinking try shimming the entire axle / bone in more, but there's not much play there now...