R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 11-29-2015, 11:07 PM   #16966
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinebox View Post
I need to get some track time to get more info on this.

But, I've been running the original 4gear lcg case (from ac_gear on shapeways) for quite some time. I did have a brace made for it to keep if from breaking where it attached to the shock tower. While using that brace, I've had no issues with the original 4gear case.
Pinebox,
Do you have a picture of the brace you made?
I have the 3gear on the way and would like to have it as tough as possible
Thanks
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:24 PM   #16967
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
I think there will be a full FT version in the spring. It will have all the goodies but that's just pure speculation. The CE is only a "limited production". What will replace that when it runs out?! I will further speculate that the chassis will be updated with additional screw holes for an optional "lay-down" style transmission. I doubt we will see a dedicated carpet car. The current B5M is rock solid and killing it on the track and podium.
Speculation also, FT version same as CE but V2 shafts, pistons and X rings. Phase out CE also V1 shafts and Pistons. New FT package price is close to CE, give or take a few bucks.

Just ordered a CE to replace FT lite, still going back and forth on what chassis. Lite or regular for 17.5.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:30 PM   #16968
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonBreh View Post
TLR guys said TLR is better than AE? Dang what will we ever do!?!?
Finally going to be a fun year, tired of racing others with same car....when I started a few years ago, B4.2 just came out and guys where driving kyosho and Losi, even durangos. Then B5 came out and pretty soon 90 percent of field, actually was not as fun. Would much rather run over a Losi then a fellow AE...heheh.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:34 AM   #16969
Tech Rookie

Newbie here... I track BMWs in the warm months, just gotten into RC to relieve stress in the winter time. I'm hooked, this is a great hobby and much cheaper than car racing.

Thanks to this thread, I ordered all parts and start building this week.

Here is my build sheet attached, inspired by feedback on this thread. RC10B5M Champions Edition with budget conscious build. This is my first race buggy so I didn't want go crazy on budget. This is a nice platform to start and grow from here.

Any tips and tricks to set the car up is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-rc10b5m-build.jpg  
JimmyWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:03 AM   #16970
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
Speculation also, FT version same as CE but V2 shafts, pistons and X rings. Phase out CE also V1 shafts and Pistons. New FT package price is close to CE, give or take a few bucks.

Just ordered a CE to replace FT lite, still going back and forth on what chassis. Lite or regular for 17.5.
Check out Brent Thielke's interview on Live R/C.....According to what he said that the B5M is no longer in production and the CE is a limited production I see something new on the way.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:54 AM   #16971
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyWins View Post
Newbie here... I track BMWs in the warm months, just gotten into RC to relieve stress in the winter time. I'm hooked, this is a great hobby and much cheaper than car racing.

Here is my build sheet attached, inspired by feedback on this thread. RC10B5M Champions Edition with budget conscious build. This is my first race buggy so I didn't want go crazy on budget. This is a nice platform to start and grow from here.

All the tips and resources you need are on the first page of this thread

Good luck and btw, do you have a battery charger?
BrandonBreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:15 AM   #16972
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyWins View Post

Check your prices against amazon.

Also, look at bonzai for sanwa/airtronics items.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:21 AM   #16973
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpeters66 View Post
Check out Brent Thielke's interview on Live R/C.....According to what he said that the B5M is no longer in production and the CE is a limited production I see something new on the way.
The B5M is no longer in production because it is no longer relevant. The B5M Lite made it much less wanted. The Team Edition car didnt really offer consumers anything over the Lite car. It was cheaper to get the Lite car and the Original chassis and convert to 4 gear than buy a team car, then buy all the upgrades on the Lite. That being said, AE works off a 12-18 month Update schedule normally. About 2 years ago the B5m came out and a year later the Lite edition came out. So we could speculate that an updated car will be out this spring. I know what I would like to see on the car, but my guess it it will be like the CE car, with a few tweaks. I personally think the Lite car is fine, but I would like to see the New shocks and v2 shock parts with xrings. The aluminum suspension holders would also be nice to tighten up the rear arms. That would put it on par with the new tlr car for bling.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:43 AM   #16974
Tech Apprentice

I we the B5M CE is 20% off today only on rc10.com !

Really think I need to buy it, not sure they will sell to outside the US though?
Old 11-30-2015, 10:45 AM   #16975
Tech Apprentice

Rivkin's B5M has a few changes at IFMAR 2015. Different gearbox and shock position at the rear with new front hinge pin setup
Old 11-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #16976
Tech Rookie

Quote:
All the tips and resources you need are on the first page of this thread

Good luck and btw, do you have a battery charger?
Thank you so much. I have a Dynam SuperMate DC6 Double Power Li-Po Charger/Balancer. It works pretty well when I was into Helis. I got out of the Heli business because every major crash cost me a bag of money.
JimmyWins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:45 AM   #16977
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrigger View Post
Rivkin's B5M has a few changes at IFMAR 2015. Different gearbox and shock position at the rear with new front hinge pin setup
You don't say? Must have went unnoticed
BrandonBreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:54 AM   #16978
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
You don't say? Must have went unnoticed
In relation to my previous question regarding the possible update/change of model in 2016 for the B5M. My comments were that there were changes hence the question of if those who know thought they would be doing a new model....I don't want to get the CE and then they bring out a revision in 2 months time....thanks
Old 11-30-2015, 12:46 PM   #16979
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
In relation to my previous question regarding the possible update/change of model in 2016 for the B5M. My comments were that there were changes hence the question of if those who know thought they would be doing a new model....I don't want to get the CE and then they bring out a revision in 2 months time....thanks
"If" there is a "new" car my guess is 4-6 months from now. But....it wont be anything magical or just. Just a reboxing of the current parts available.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:50 PM   #16980
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
I we the B5M CE is 20% off today only on rc10.com !

Really think I need to buy it, not sure they will sell to outside the US though?
INSANE.

The CE for $259 shipped is crazy. They've completely undercut all of their resellers with that. Damn.