R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 11-22-2015, 01:23 AM   #16861
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoczak View Post
Off topic question. Ran my b5m lite for the first time last night. Which worked awesome by the way. But my issue is with the reedy black box speedo. 80% of the time when a turn it on the red and green light stay on solid and I will not get throttle response till I actually move the car a little then the green light starts flashing. Anyone have any ideas???

I did. Changed the sensor wire and it's fine now. Senot wires are finicky man.
Chris Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:03 AM   #16862
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
My local carpet track has a "slicks only" rule. Ive gotten the Buggy pretty damn good. Lapped the field 3 times with a 17.5T lol.

Just don't like the hassle of switching the diff, rear arms, and shock package when I run carpet Friday night and dirt Saturday.
What slicks are you running? are you running PL Primes or true slicks like Sweeps?
Eddie_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #16863
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_E View Post
What slicks are you running? are you running PL Primes or true slicks like Sweeps?
I've run both M4 and MC Primes and tores worn down to slicks. The MC compound doesn't do anywhere as good for me.

I gained two tenths with the VTR style but I have to touch up the bead every few runs.

Want to try some JConcepts and AKA slicks next with their harder inserts.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #16864
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have owned Associated cars for more than 30 years. I am in the market for a new 2wd buggy and am trying to decide. I know that this being the b5m thread, people might be biased, but I thought I would ask. I am mainly going to be racing 17.5 dirt. Should I get a Factory Lite or Championship Edition if I go with Associated? The new Losi is looking really good too. Xray Xb2? Why should I buy the Associated?
Old 11-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #16865
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Unneeded.
Haha! Yeah, I've considered that too. But I figured cut gears are pretty cheap, and I can put them in while rebuilding the diff anyway, so I'd give them a try as long as I didn't get feedback about them stripping or something.
Zephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:28 AM   #16866
Tech Initiate
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephus View Post
Haha! Yeah, I've considered that too. But I figured cut gears are pretty cheap, and I can put them in while rebuilding the diff anyway, so I'd give them a try as long as I didn't get feedback about them stripping or something.
I am not sure about the performance compared to the standard gears, but my B5m came with them (I traded my 22 for one). As far as the durability of them, I have no issues and I am pretty rough on the car with my driving.
dayjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 11:50 AM   #16867
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbandit View Post
I have owned Associated cars for more than 30 years. I am in the market for a new 2wd buggy and am trying to decide. I know that this being the b5m thread, people might be biased, but I thought I would ask. I am mainly going to be racing 17.5 dirt. Should I get a Factory Lite or Championship Edition if I go with Associated? The new Losi is looking really good too. Xray Xb2? Why should I buy the Associated?
You can't go wrong with any of them. I absolutely love my B5M Lite. The new XB2 looks fantastic. I had a Xray X1 and the quality was on another level, but you had to pay for it.

Another thing to consider is local parts/setup/team support.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:56 PM   #16868
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_E View Post
The stock B5M lite is dialed on carpet right out of the box. Just bolt up some Schumacher mini-pins and stagger ribs and lower the ride height a little and battery way back.
After struggling a little for front grip on clay, I went to the 1.7 ft shock pistons/35wt) on mine and when I put on the carpet tires, it cornered like my 1/12th scale pan car the moment I dropped it on the track. In fact mine probably has too much steering for some .
We run Foams (Gone Bananas) on carpet, endless grip....run them if they are legal for your club. I had to raise the Roll Center a lot to prevent traction rolling. Been playing with front/rear ride height bias along with shorty pack position. I either have WAY too much steering on the infield or it pushes through the high speed sweepers.
Bader3245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:38 PM   #16869
Tech Initiate

Default Thrust bearing and spring removal

I needed to rebuild my diff and I was unable to get the inner most thrust washer and the spring out of the outdrive. I tried fishing it out with a small hooked scraper. Any other tips? Thanks.
larsif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:26 PM   #16870
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsif View Post
I needed to rebuild my diff and I was unable to get the inner most thrust washer and the spring out of the outdrive. I tried fishing it out with a small hooked scraper. Any other tips? Thanks.
Spray it with motor cleaner or carb cleaner to break down the grease that's holding it in. Let it sit for a minute, then give it a easy smack on a flat surface.
WD-40 also works...
RC Pro Racing VA, Awesome Hobbies(RIP), Debbies RC World VA, Thunder Alley Raceway NC
Jerm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 05:58 PM   #16871
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

does anyone know what the +4mm (c) arm mount would be used for? i am just curious what this would do to make it better? thinking about buying one if its worth it
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:05 PM   #16872
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
does anyone know what the +4mm (c) arm mount would be used for? i am just curious what this would do to make it better? thinking about buying one if its worth it
https://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/91608-ASC91608-factory_team_aluminum_arm_mount_4mm_c_b/
Explains it.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #16873
Tech Initiate

Thank you JERM13!
larsif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:56 PM   #16874
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Anyone have a part number for just the bottom shock cap o ring, I don't need the cap, just the o ring
Old 11-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #16875
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
anybody try the jconcepts spring steel cva set other then bling any changes in performance over stock?
Yes, they have a little better drive feel because the joints fit better than stock. Being a better material, they stay that way for quite a while.

Easily worth it when it comes time to replace your worn stockers.