R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 11-17-2015, 07:13 PM   #16801
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat Maniac View Post
Its not a measure of someones intelligence, its just we appear to be running different fan mounts and fortunately the one I use from Shapeways (of which there are a few different varieties) fortunately accommodates the Pro Line Phantom body rather nicely.

Fan Mount Results
For those that are interested I achieve a reduction in temperature of around 20dC/68d F for each 5 minute run, net 52dC /125dF (Running 6.5T Boosted, 20T Pinion/81T Spur indoors on carpet,ambient temp approx 25d.
Just curious what kind of track you are running on to need a 6.5t motor boosted in a 2wd buggy :P
BrandonBreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:17 PM   #16802
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Those protek turnbuckles are pretty nice. I would definitely recommend them!
3srcracing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:45 PM   #16803
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeakemedia View Post
Huh?
Nobody will ever know
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:57 PM   #16804
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonBreh View Post
Just curious what kind of track you are running on to need a 6.5t motor boosted in a 2wd buggy :P
RC Arena Sydney - Super grippy carpet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqbCyGioxGs

"The person saying it cannot be done should stop interrupting the person doing it"
Nat Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:08 PM   #16805
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
I still believe that the Lite kit out of the box is near perfect both from the perspective of weight and set up. Unless you run on SRS kind of clay or high grip carpet a box set up Lite is money right out of the box with average electronics. You other guys that are searching for magic, it doesn't exist. Unless your running the worlds a little slop is fine as long as everything operates smoothly and is bind free. Just listening to some of you guys for a few minutes could ruin a guys raceday before he even leaves the house. This is not NASCAR. Most of us need practice not stuff. For most of us, the guys that consistently win at our local track could probably do it with our cars....I know for sure that's true for me. My cars are in excellent shape but I don't rebuild them every week. It depends on the car but I probably go through each car every few months but I change shock oil and rebuild diffs as necessary which means that if a diff is smooth and the outdrives are ok it could last indefinitely......6 months maybe in a buggy.

RC Racing is supposed to be fun. Literally, 1 in a million can make living at it. Don't spoil it by taking the fun out of it.
Thanks for your input. That was the reason for asking the question between the Lite or CE. Personally I like being able to have a edgy car and quick rather than lethargic heavy car. Still back and forth on which one but going to a race soon at the track and will talk with them on what they run.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:56 AM   #16806
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Its not a measure of someones intelligence, its just we appear to be running different fan mounts and fortunately the one I use from Shapeways (of which there are a few different varieties) fortunately accommodates the Pro Line Phantom body rather nicely.

Do you have a link to the one that fits the Phantom body?

Thanks
SLIPPERY76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 09:03 AM   #16807
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
I still believe that the Lite kit out of the box is near perfect both from the perspective of weight and set up. Unless you run on SRS kind of clay or high grip carpet a box set up Lite is money right out of the box with average electronics. You other guys that are searching for magic, it doesn't exist. Unless your running the worlds a little slop is fine as long as everything operates smoothly and is bind free. Just listening to some of you guys for a few minutes could ruin a guys raceday before he even leaves the house. This is not NASCAR. Most of us need practice not stuff. For most of us, the guys that consistently win at our local track could probably do it with our cars....I know for sure that's true for me. My cars are in excellent shape but I don't rebuild them every week. It depends on the car but I probably go through each car every few months but I change shock oil and rebuild diffs as necessary which means that if a diff is smooth and the outdrives are ok it could last indefinitely......6 months maybe in a buggy.

RC Racing is supposed to be fun. Literally, 1 in a million can make living at it. Don't spoil it by taking the fun out of it.
My 95% stock B5M Lite made it into the A Main at the Georgia Indoor Championship. 175+ entries.

The only upgrades I have are the Alum C and D blocks because I want to run the +4mm mount on carpet. The X-rings because the stock red o-rings are about worthless.

That's it!

I ran a 7.5T with some turbo lol. Stock slipper was fine.
iTz Nicholas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:49 PM   #16808
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys just curious what u guys think of the 3 or 4 gear tranny an which better to use on a med bite small tight track? what would be the advatanges and disadvantages? thanks
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:38 PM   #16809
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:

Fan Mount Results
For those that are interested I achieve a reduction in temperature of around 20dC/68d F for each 5 minute run, net 52dC /125dF (Running 6.5T Boosted, 20T Pinion/81T Spur indoors on carpet,ambient temp approx 25d.
Ahhh, I wasn't aware there was more than one offered on shapeways which is why I asked in another post if it was the AC RC fan mount. I've been thinking of ditching it anyhow. Heat is never a problem.
mx836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #16810
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

what is the best way to measure toe on my buggy? Should i measure off the turnbuckle?
motoman811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:37 PM   #16811
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
Can anyone tell me what 0 anti squat is used for? I'm just curious if less anti squat gives u most traction? Thanks
As per AE cheat sheets app.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-screenshot_2015-11-19-00-35-58.jpg  

Mugen Seiki/Yokomo Usa/Protek/Amain/R1 Wurks/Flashpoint/KW Raceway
robbie_gtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:26 PM   #16812
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIPPERY76 View Post
Do you have a link to the one that fits the Phantom body?

Thanks
It's the first one on the list under shapeways on the first page of this thread, in any case here is the link

http://www.shapeways.com/product/U9M...ionId=43516079

When I first received it I thought the material would not last long but it's as good as the day I first bought it. You may need to replace the existing screws from the top of the brace with the countersunk flat head M310 screws as they seem to provide a more secure fit you can see the example in the picture I provided above.

"The person saying it cannot be done should stop interrupting the person doing it"
Nat Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:24 AM   #16813
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Got a set of dirt webs, high bite indoor clay with 11 days on them. What is a good time to get new? Tires being most important, how many days do most use theirs before they replace?
Old 11-19-2015, 06:10 AM   #16814
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
Got a set of dirt webs, high bite indoor clay with 11 days on them. What is a good time to get new? Tires being most important, how many days do most use theirs before they replace?
Too many factors. I would say, replace when they start to suck.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:03 AM   #16815
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
Too many factors. I would say, replace when they start to suck.
Just to add to that unless you can run straight glue and go at your track you may not want to run brand new tires in your main, lest you get lapped by the one person you want to beat
jslider is offline   Reply With Quote