Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 02:47 AM
Tech Regular

4 gear transmissions, 3 gear, low 3 gear. Why not just make a 2 gear? Even quicker response.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:34 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
4 gear transmissions, 3 gear, low 3 gear. Why not just make a 2 gear? Even quicker response.
It was never about response. It was always about handling and centering the motor.
Old 11-09-2015, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerm13
Just watched that video...... Holly Crap.
Glad those guys race for a living. Just as bad if not worse than listening to Ronefalk ( don't care if its spelled wrong) talk about VRC!

But... I got the answers that I needed, so well done on the information part. Hopefully, AE will splurge for speech coaches for their drivers!
Yea it looked like rivkin was reading from a script.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by latentspeed
Not enough space for the axle, spur, and motor, for the gear ratios required. Without an idler the spur can't be very big or it hits the axle-outdrive etc, and won't reach the needed motor pinion. At least not in any way I can figure out. Belt drive maybe, but I don't think they run as free.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok guys... Im going to go full noob retard with a couple questions here.

Back story... My daughter has move up into the 2wd buggy world and is doing great. Was battling for the win / bump in the B main yesterday but had an ESC switch go screwy... She is running my 3 year old 22 2.0 witch is still plenty fast but due for an over haul. At this point its going to be cheaper to get a full kit than rebuild.

And now Im stuck between the B5M ( regular, Lite, or CE) or the new 22 3.0.
I can tune and know what to adjust, so that's not going to be an issue. I already own a 44.2 so it will be nice not to have to worry about buying different rims for 2 different cars so that's a plus.

Really, I just need some clarification on set-ups, adding weight ( if you need to) and what people have found if they have switched from a 22 to B5.

Would it be better to get the Lite than the regular... besides being 75 grams lighter, is it really better?
Whats the difference with the 3 gear and 4 gear tranny? ( besides that one other idle gear)
Flat arms or Gull wing? (is it the same situation like with the SC10/T4.2 arms)?
Now with the cars being designed to run MM, are you guys adding weight like they had to do with the 22 ( tried it, spent $80 in brass, got pissed and sold it all, along with the MM parts swearing never to try MM again)

Maybe Im just looking for someone to talk me into it. I would just hate to buy a new kit and watch her struggle and loose interest or something.
I just built what I think will be a great car for Debs. Heavy chassis , flat arms , 4 gear , shorty with 60g behind it , and some alum bits. If the CE car was out when I bought my stuff I would own it . The TLR car is nice , but no deal compared to what AE offers in that one box IMO. Come check it out wed night ...
Old 11-09-2015, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Keith B
What's the name of the track bud,? My ex wife brother's wife is born in Maine
We have a bunch, Granite Leisure Time in Oakland, Me. Evolution in Casco Maine. (Both those are primarily clay) But the one old school track is Hillside raceway in Deerfield NH. About an hour and 15 minutes from me. We're also fortunate to have an indoor AstroTurf track in York, Me. (Maximus)
Old 11-09-2015, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Glad those guys race for a living. Just as bad if not worse than listening to Ronefalk ( don't care if its spelled wrong) talk about VRC!

But... I got the answers that I needed, so well done on the information part. Hopefully, AE will splurge for speech coaches for their drivers!
Originally Posted by rob martin
Yea it looked like rivkin was reading from a script.
For the record, I didn't watch the video. That said, he's a 16 year old kid racing R/C cars. He's not some NASCAR driver groomed to do interviews, cut him some slack sheesh. Cav has been racing a long time and doesn't exactly give NASCAR quality interviews either.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by LOW ET
just go up and over the chassis brace with the servo wire. use the "notch" and recess in the chassis to run your transponder wire under the servo and mount the transponder close to the steering rack.

look here and see where the white transponder is mounted: http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...ace2015012125/
In those pics the brace is cut out behind the servo, correct?

Does that change handling at all?
Old 11-09-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
I just built what I think will be a great car for Debs. Heavy chassis , flat arms , 4 gear , shorty with 60g behind it , and some alum bits. If the CE car was out when I bought my stuff I would own it . The TLR car is nice , but no deal compared to what AE offers in that one box IMO. Come check it out wed night ...
I'll see you Wednesday...

Originally Posted by racer1812
For the record, I didn't watch the video. That said, he's a 16 year old kid racing R/C cars. He's not some NASCAR driver groomed to do interviews, cut him some slack sheesh. Cav has been racing a long time and doesn't exactly give NASCAR quality interviews either.

Slack was cut before he won the worlds.... Just saying, it looked like the video was put together in in a hurry and they didn't really give Spencer and Cav time to "prepare" for what they were going to say.

Im all about being quick and efficient, but there are places where taking your time benefits more... Just like on the track
Old 11-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

good grief
Old 11-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
good grief
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-good-grief.png  
Old 11-09-2015, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
In those pics the brace is cut out behind the servo, correct?

Does that change handling at all?
From the looks of Cav's car at the Horizon Race I don't think he ran a battery strap either. Looks like a lot of people are not.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
I was thinking the same thing.

Nobody can take a joke nowadays....

Im sorry if I say something that offends you.
Please let me know.....So I can say it again later
Old 11-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
From the looks of Cav's car at the Horizon Race I don't think he ran a battery strap either. Looks like a lot of people are not.
I'm on my 3rd B5m, none have ever had a battery strap in them.

Gotta have a REALLY big lipo bag for those picky tracks....
Old 11-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Hub inserts

This maybe a total noob question. On the camber link inserts (plastic rear hubs) which is A and which is C? Would A be the one closest to the wheel and C closest to the transmission? The manual does not tell which way to look at it unless I missed it.
I'm fairly new to the b5m.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.