Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith B
That could be true LOW ET because it's not shown with either going through there. Thanks alot
just go up and over the chassis brace with the servo wire. use the "notch" and recess in the chassis to run your transponder wire under the servo and mount the transponder close to the steering rack.

look here and see where the white transponder is mounted: http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associa...ace2015012125/
Old 11-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Ok guys... Im going to go full noob retard with a couple questions here.

Back story... My daughter has move up into the 2wd buggy world and is doing great. Was battling for the win / bump in the B main yesterday but had an ESC switch go screwy... She is running my 3 year old 22 2.0 witch is still plenty fast but due for an over haul. At this point its going to be cheaper to get a full kit than rebuild.

And now Im stuck between the B5M ( regular, Lite, or CE) or the new 22 3.0.
I can tune and know what to adjust, so that's not going to be an issue. I already own a 44.2 so it will be nice not to have to worry about buying different rims for 2 different cars so that's a plus.

Really, I just need some clarification on set-ups, adding weight ( if you need to) and what people have found if they have switched from a 22 to B5.

Would it be better to get the Lite than the regular... besides being 75 grams lighter, is it really better?
Whats the difference with the 3 gear and 4 gear tranny? ( besides that one other idle gear)
Flat arms or Gull wing? (is it the same situation like with the SC10/T4.2 arms)?
Now with the cars being designed to run MM, are you guys adding weight like they had to do with the 22 ( tried it, spent $80 in brass, got pissed and sold it all, along with the MM parts swearing never to try MM again)

Maybe Im just looking for someone to talk me into it. I would just hate to buy a new kit and watch her struggle and loose interest or something.
Old 11-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Jason was saying that between the two the 4 gear has more lag or drag and Rivkin gives some explanation details on flat and gull wing arms in the video with him and Cav in it. I wish I could link it. It was on Neobuggy November 6th. Cheers
Old 11-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jerm13
Ok guys... Im going to go full noob retard with a couple questions here.

Back story... My daughter has move up into the 2wd buggy world and is doing great. Was battling for the win / bump in the B main yesterday but had an ESC switch go screwy... She is running my 3 year old 22 2.0 witch is still plenty fast but due for an over haul. At this point its going to be cheaper to get a full kit than rebuild.

And now Im stuck between the B5M ( regular, Lite, or CE) or the new 22 3.0.
I can tune and know what to adjust, so that's not going to be an issue. I already own a 44.2 so it will be nice not to have to worry about buying different rims for 2 different cars so that's a plus.

Really, I just need some clarification on set-ups, adding weight ( if you need to) and what people have found if they have switched from a 22 to B5.

Would it be better to get the Lite than the regular... besides being 75 grams lighter, is it really better?
Whats the difference with the 3 gear and 4 gear tranny? ( besides that one other idle gear)
Flat arms or Gull wing? (is it the same situation like with the SC10/T4.2 arms)?
Now with the cars being designed to run MM, are you guys adding weight like they had to do with the 22 ( tried it, spent $80 in brass, got pissed and sold it all, along with the MM parts swearing never to try MM again)

Maybe Im just looking for someone to talk me into it. I would just hate to buy a new kit and watch her struggle and loose interest or something.
Just like Rivkin says the lite edition kit has every thing I want and need to go fast bause I am running it strictly on high bite non grooved dry clay. I think for her you should seriously buy the champions edition kit
Old 11-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fordohio
I am ordering mine today. I drove my close friends buggy. He told me it has the box setup. We have the popular tyre/foam setup for our track. It pushed pretty bad. It was pretty obvious even when watching him drive it. I was asking about the Thielke setup because we run stock class. His setup has different springs I was going to order them with the buggy if needed. In the past i have started with the most recent or most popular setup and adjusted from there. His just seemed so far away I thought maybe a different setup would be better to start from.
The first time I built a B5M with the kit set-up it pushed badly as well. For me, it was the 4 degree trailing axle inserts recommended in the manual. Switched to the 3 degree inserts and I had all the steering I could use.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wease
The first time I built a B5M with the kit set-up it pushed badly as well. For me, it was the 4 degree trailing axle inserts recommended in the manual. Switched to the 3 degree inserts and I had all the steering I could use.
Nice tip if you two share the same track conditions
Old 11-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Nice tip if you two share the same track conditions
Probably not the same track conditions as we run on a wet clay surface with slicks. The traction is super high, with wheelies fairly common on the straights. So even with near perfect traction, the car pushed through turns with the 4 degree trailing inserts. I might not even describe it as a push, but the car turned really lazy on entry and mid corner. Normally I would say a push is most likely the wrong tires, but in my case I knew the tires we ran had the right traction.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wease
Probably not the same track conditions as we run on a wet clay surface with slicks. The traction is super high, with wheelies fairly common on the straights. So even with near perfect traction, the car pushed through turns with the 4 degree trailing inserts. I might not even describe it as a push, but the car turned really lazy on entry and mid corner. Normally I would say a push is most likely the wrong tires, but in my case I knew the tires we ran had the right traction.
If it's wet most likely the surface will be tacky so that did contribute, that's why they should run the track dry the same as we do then you have a variant

Last edited by Keith B; 11-08-2015 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a question, I just finished building my 2nd B5m(Lite version this time) and was wondering if I could get some ideas on how you set your ball diff once you build it and it's installed in the car. I see setup sheets that say tight and standard ball diff and I'm not sure how to do this. Also what track conditions would use a tight setup or a standard setup.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Rivkin gives some explanation details on flat and gull wing arms in the video with him and Cav in it. I wish I could link it. It was on Neobuggy November 6th. Cheers
Just watched that video...... Holly Crap.
Glad those guys race for a living. Just as bad if not worse than listening to Ronefalk ( don't care if its spelled wrong) talk about VRC!

But... I got the answers that I needed, so well done on the information part. Hopefully, AE will splurge for speech coaches for their drivers!
Old 11-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

In stock 17.5 most running a 72 or 69 spur?
Old 11-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cridd
What buggy you running? The new kits have 2 included
Old 11-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gpeters66
I have a question, I just finished building my 2nd B5m(Lite version this time) and was wondering if I could get some ideas on how you set your ball diff once you build it and it's installed in the car. I see setup sheets that say tight and standard ball diff and I'm not sure how to do this. Also what track conditions would use a tight setup or a standard setup.
Usually a 1/8th turn back from the spring fully compressed is a good setting. Ask someone at the track who looks like they know what they are doing to check it for you.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
Most of the people I race with are 66 or 69
Depends of the motor I guess
Old 11-09-2015, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
Most of the people I race with are 66 or 69
Depends of the motor I guess
Ty. Going to try a 69 been running a 72 forever and want to see how it effects the handling with motor position.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.