R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 11-05-2015, 08:45 PM   #16546
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsair View Post
I'm looking to buy a stock 17.5 buggy soon, and it actually seems like a better idea to buy the factory lite and spend the extra $50 on Kashima shocks than it would be to buy the CE and spend another $58 on the lightweight chassis.
Not everyone likes the lightweight chassis, just remember that before you go and buy the chassis. May want to run the buggy first. I know many who have bought the regular chassis for their lites
RobsRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #16547
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsRacin View Post
Not everyone likes the lightweight chassis, just remember that before you go and buy the chassis. May want to run the buggy first. I know many who have bought the regular chassis for their lites
I didn't know that, thanks for the tip. What is it that they don't like, too much flex or not enough weight down low?
tsair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #16548
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I like the new B5M CE. Seems like a good deal, IMHO...
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:53 PM   #16549
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Says it even comes with a 4gear, but pictured with a 3 gear. Must be pretty dialed!
3srcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:55 PM   #16550
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It comes with both. 3 and 4.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:58 PM   #16551
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
I didn't know that, thanks for the tip. What is it that they don't like, too much flex or not enough weight down low?
Some say not enough weight in the chassis itself, others dont like the added flex as most people also cut out the center pieces adding more flex.
RobsRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:05 PM   #16552
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I bought the factory lite" because of the three gear tranny and titanium the lightweight chassis was a gimme

You could also add the brass arm mount c&d
Dialed-RC Hobbies
TEN-SCTE 3.0/22SCT 3.0
Keith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 01:14 AM   #16553
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBuddha View Post
Yeah sure AE, sell me stuff I already have plus more; which I paid more for. That makes the buggy I have a "sucker edition"!!!!
Allen Drebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:21 AM   #16554
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
I'm looking to buy a stock 17.5 buggy soon, and it actually seems like a better idea to buy the factory lite and spend the extra $50 on Kashima shocks than it would be to buy the CE and spend another $58 on the lightweight chassis.
Hey man, if you're planning on running 17.5 I would for sure say get the Factory Lite car, then go onto towerhobbies and buy the Kashima shock bodies. you can get like $8-10 off of a $50 order so it ends up being pretty cheap. and then really I think the only other important part you would want to upgrade is the Aluminum C and D mounts. (which you would have to upgrade on the CE also). The lightweight chassis for this car, in my opinion is awesome too!
Mxer210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 02:48 AM   #16555
Suspended

I told you all so. There'd be some championship edition of some kind. Don't understand the need for extras that are just downgrades. Makes no sense to me how they won with an extra low transmission and won't sell them. I'm guessing it's not as fast or consistent without it, thereby selling a slower version to customers, a car that isn't good enough to win the worlds. Just a possibility, and why manufacturers should sell exactly what they race. And if it didn't matter, why make it in the first place. A bit disappointed, but no big deal. Still undecided with which buggy to come back with. Xray is making a pure 2wd buggy. Losi and Schumacher have released new versions too. I'm in no rush. There's also the traxxas x-maxx, different class but looks like good fun.
latentspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:25 AM   #16556
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rob martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
lol, I said the next car would probably have the updated shocks....and it does. Otherwise, pretty boring

lol, both flat and gulwing arms? both 2 pad and 3 pad slippers? And the coolaid front wing? Updated shock bodies, but crappy eclip shafts and pistons, meh. And a price tag of 325....so ae included more stuff and charged you for it all.....not hating, I think they could have done better on the shocks. ditch all the extra tuning parts and include the machined pistons and v2 shafts.
Man i couldnt have said it better. You give kashima bodies with red orings im assuming as nothing has been mentioned about xrings. A championship edition you would think would include atleast the aluminum c&d mounts and the aluminum rack/hubs. Not that those are needed but would be nice in a top level kit.

~Ridgeway bodies~B-Fast Performance Diffs~Flying Farmer Traction Sauce
rob martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:29 AM   #16557
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
I told you all so. There'd be some championship edition of some kind. Don't understand the need for extras that are just downgrades.
Here's what you asked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentspeed View Post
Anyone know when the factory team world championship edition will be released? Or at least how long, after winning such an event, do they usually take to release? B5m 4 gear transmission, lite 3 gear, and next will be super low 3 gear yz-2 style. Is next month or this year wishful thinking?
AE apparently opted to do something completely different to celebrate their win (which has been their M.O.). However, no lowrider trans (yet, imo).

Quote:
Makes no sense to me how they won with an extra low transmission and won't sell them.
Redsworkshop and maybe a few others on shapeways have lowrider transmissions you can get.

Quote:
I'm guessing it's not as fast or consistent without it, thereby selling a slower version to customers, a car that isn't good enough to win the worlds. Just a possibility, and why manufacturers should sell exactly what they race.
Or they are still testing things and a B5MLR is on the way.

Quote:
And if it didn't matter, why make it in the first place. A bit disappointed, but no big deal.
Prototype cars/parts have always been a part of World Championships. Masami's Stealth car comes to mind. Didn't Tebo almost win with a 1/2 shaft 2wd ala XB2?
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:52 AM   #16558
Tech Fanatic

Talking

I didn't order the high bite vented slipper pad set yet. What else would be nice to have with my b5m factory lite" kit
Dialed-RC Hobbies
TEN-SCTE 3.0/22SCT 3.0
Keith B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:34 AM   #16559
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBuddha View Post
The one thing everyone wanted and assisted most in winning the world's is not included

"The person saying it cannot be done should stop interrupting the person doing it"
Nat Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:36 AM   #16560
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschumi101 View Post
I think the new car is aimed at customers looking to switch over to the B5M platform after all of its recent success at Nationals and Worlds. It comes with all the upgrades and tuning options everyone would normally buy. While everyone argues you need nothing more than a box stock Team B5M, you REALLY do not need anything more with this new kit. I don't think its for existing owners (like us) as we have all those goodies already. More for people looking to switch to the brand.
Nailed it.

"The person saying it cannot be done should stop interrupting the person doing it"
Nat Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote