R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 10-07-2015, 01:14 PM   #15916
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patiofurniture View Post
For more aggresive mid to corner-exit steering I usually prefer to raise the rear roll center. Either taking out 1-2mm off the inner rear camber link or perhaps even going a half hole shorter off the hub. However, if you go to far the car can become much more twitchy to drive and almost 'wandery'.

By raising the rear roll center relative to the front roll center you are inclining the roll axis even more so that more weight is transferred to the outside front tire along with quicker weight transfer side -to-side in the rear making the car feel more 'responsive'.
Yep. Removing rear traction, or adding front traction, will both provide more perceived front traction. My way nets more traction, your way nets less. Which you use would depend on how close to traction rolling you are.
- RCSpecialties -

Last edited by Cpt.America; 10-07-2015 at 02:07 PM. Reason: added "perceived"
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #15917
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I am actually -2mm inside and inside 2 hole down on mine. But we race on a very edgy clay track with frequent traction rolls.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #15918
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Yep. Removing rear traction, or adding front traction, will both provide more front traction. My way nets more traction, your way nets less. Which you use would depend on how close to traction rolling you are.
Ah, I mis-read an thought you were referring to the rear. My mistake.

I usually keep 2mm washer on the front inner camber link as standard (so I don't usually go up from there and don't prefer to lengthen the front link) and go down as grip increases, and likewise on the rear to keep a roll balance.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:26 PM   #15919
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Currently running a B5M Lite with Rivkins OC/RC jconcepts stock nas setup, don't feel like im getting the amount of mid-corner steering I should. Any ideas on what to change from that particular setup to make it more aggressive mid corner?
Can you clarify what you mean by mid corner. Are you decelerating in just before the apex, accelerating out just past the apex, or really just stuck in the middle of the corner forced to go slow because the car didn't make the corner and leveled out.

You will find that, with team setups, the harder you drive into the corner, the more the car will turn. Have you tried absolutely blasting the corner
Old 10-07-2015, 07:51 PM   #15920
Tech Regular

Asked previously-

Does anyone have a chart of the smallest and largest pinions that fit onto the Spurs. Just trying to save myself the legwork.

If so I can do a FDR chart in excel/pdf for everyone to save and/or print out

75 spur min pinion is 25

This is assuming a standard motor plate
Volition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 09:39 PM   #15921
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volition View Post
Asked previously-

Does anyone have a chart of the smallest and largest pinions that fit onto the Spurs. Just trying to save myself the legwork.

If so I can do a FDR chart in excel/pdf for everyone to save and/or print out

75 spur min pinion is 25

This is assuming a standard motor plate
Back of the manual has gearing suggestions, if that's what you're after. There's no reason to use anything but a 69/72 spur for 17.5, and a 78 for mod.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:34 AM   #15922
Tech Regular

I race on a huge 1/8th track on some weekends then small 10th tracks otherwise. Very different.Randy Pike from Tekin recommended I try around 7.9 fdr for the small track. I got the RPM motor. I worked it out for a 72 spur and then the pinion wouldn't reach. So was hoping someone had a table somewhere. To save me the annoyance of changing pinions and Spurs not knowing if they'll fit.
I suppose if I stick to the Spurs you recommend I'll work it out pretty quickly. Thanks.
Volition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:34 AM   #15923
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patiofurniture View Post
For more aggresive mid to corner-exit steering I usually prefer to raise the rear roll center. Either taking out 1-2mm off the inner rear camber link or perhaps even going a half hole shorter off the hub. However, if you go to far the car can become much more twitchy to drive and almost 'wandery'.

By raising the rear roll center relative to the front roll center you are inclining the roll axis even more so that more weight is transferred to the outside front tire along with quicker weight transfer side -to-side in the rear making the car feel more 'responsive'.
The track im talking about is super high bite (when they groom it correctly) LRH where we run slicks. I got it pretty much figured out by removing 2mm of inner camber link ball stud washers. It did give me more mid-corner on power steering, Not sure why. I also noticed a build error, I was sent the +4mm C arm mount. Didnt know there was a newer arm mount out, it's been a while since I ran AE. Suffice to say my rear end was too wide running that plate and 7mm hexes. Got the standard C plate and gained all kinds of steering everywhere since the track width of the rear of the car is now correct. I could use that LCG gearbox.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:37 AM   #15924
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razathorn View Post
Can you clarify what you mean by mid corner. Are you decelerating in just before the apex, accelerating out just past the apex, or really just stuck in the middle of the corner forced to go slow because the car didn't make the corner and leveled out.

You will find that, with team setups, the harder you drive into the corner, the more the car will turn. Have you tried absolutely blasting the corner
It was a build error, was sent the +4mm C plate and used it with the 7mm rear hubs. Car was a wide boy. replaced it with the right c mount, and its fine now.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:38 AM   #15925
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
I am actually -2mm inside and inside 2 hole down on mine. But we race on a very edgy clay track with frequent traction rolls.
SRS? Yes its very edgy there.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:41 AM   #15926
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
You gonna be at lrh tonight?
Old 10-08-2015, 06:50 AM   #15927
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbtaco View Post
You gonna be at lrh tonight?
Was there last night. Yokomo, and B5M both were really good after some changes. Getting close to high 15's in stock buggy. Both buggies are pretty much neck and neck, but I give the overall steering feel to the Yokomo.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:39 AM   #15928
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Was there last night. Yokomo, and B5M both were really good after some changes. Getting close to high 15's in stock buggy. Both buggies are pretty much neck and neck, but I give the overall steering feel to the Yokomo.
Nice. I'm gonna stop by for a bit tonight. It's been a while since I've driven lol. Well see if I can even get into the 16s lol
Old 10-08-2015, 07:52 AM   #15929
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volition View Post
I race on a huge 1/8th track on some weekends then small 10th tracks otherwise. Very different.Randy Pike from Tekin recommended I try around 7.9 fdr for the small track. I got the RPM motor. I worked it out for a 72 spur and then the pinion wouldn't reach. So was hoping someone had a table somewhere. To save me the annoyance of changing pinions and Spurs not knowing if they'll fit.
I suppose if I stick to the Spurs you recommend I'll work it out pretty quickly. Thanks.
Petit rc has an fdr chart under their b5 setup page you can print. It doesn't specifically say if they fit or not but at least the math is done.
eekern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:03 AM   #15930
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Yeah. I have debated trying a yz2 at srs. But after my bmax4 experience. I will avoid yokomo. Maybe ae will release a b5m euro spec turf car