R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree16Likes

Old 09-14-2015, 09:52 PM   #15556
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know which rear arms cav is running on his setup from the roar nats at srs. The setup sheet says b5 hard rear but in the write up its says he used hard b5m and the picks looks like b5m?
gearit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:04 AM   #15557
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearit View Post
Does anyone know which rear arms cav is running on his setup from the roar nats at srs. The setup sheet says b5 hard rear but in the write up its says he used hard b5m and the picks looks like b5m?
The part number indicates Hard B5 rear motor arms. If you look at the AE released write up on his Nationals winning cars, there is a top down shot of his 2WD. it shows "L" on the right side and vise versa. He's running rear motor arms.

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:36 AM   #15558
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just upgraded to the lite from the og b5m which i had approx 8 months of wheel time with . I basically put the same setup on the lite but upgraded the lite with ceramic tranny bearings and schelle slipper lockout and machined pistons x seals ect . Another thing i was running the trackstar with the og but have got the fantom works short stack in my new lite . First race meet on the lite and i am quite impressed , went .1 quicker on fast lap ( was hoping for a little more ) and pretty close to my best 5 min , could have gone quicker but ran into traffic in a2 and a3 . Very happy with the lite and sure in no time will get it feeling just as planted and confident as the my og b5m
gogi108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 07:14 AM   #15559
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Has anyone had any problems with the shocks leaking? I haven't run them yet, but built some last night and after putting together the bottom stack of "Flanged shim, x-ring, thick spacer, x-ring, flanged shim" it seems like that bottom stack has play between itself and the bottom shock cap. I am almost inclined to add a small washer of some kind to take up the slack.
This is with the Kashima coated shock bodies. Has anyone else run across this? Before anyone asks, the flanged shims are in the correct orientation.....

On a side note, I see most setups called for two pads on the slipper. Is anyone running the VTS slipper anymore or have all the drivers gone back to just two pads?
Old 09-15-2015, 08:03 AM   #15560
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson View Post
Has anyone had any problems with the shocks leaking? I haven't run them yet, but built some last night and after putting together the bottom stack of "Flanged shim, x-ring, thick spacer, x-ring, flanged shim" it seems like that bottom stack has play between itself and the bottom shock cap. I am almost inclined to add a small washer of some kind to take up the slack.
This is with the Kashima coated shock bodies. Has anyone else run across this? Before anyone asks, the flanged shims are in the correct orientation.....

On a side note, I see most setups called for two pads on the slipper. Is anyone running the VTS slipper anymore or have all the drivers gone back to just two pads?
Did you try soaking the x-rings in some oil?
iTz Nicholas72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:10 AM   #15561
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmuck69 View Post
The part number indicates Hard B5 rear motor arms. If you look at the AE released write up on his Nationals winning cars, there is a top down shot of his 2WD. it shows "L" on the right side and vise versa. He's running rear motor arms.
. Thanks.
gearit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #15562
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
Did you try soaking the x-rings in some oil?
I have not soaked the X-rings in oil and am tying to avoid causing intentional swelling. I have read about a lot of people doing that though.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:44 AM   #15563
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
I have not soaked the X-rings in oil and am tying to avoid causing intentional swelling. I have read about a lot of people doing that though.
I dont soak mine and my orings and bushing are not moving with the shaft in and out. I have built 5 of these cars with xrings and the same thing. All good. Are you using AE xrings?
Old 09-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #15564
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
I have run both and like the lite better.
I agree. I went from a team to a light with the 4 gear from my old car for mod and it was really good on super loose conditions. I have a friend with a lite that runs 3 gear in stock in the same conditions and he's hooked up too. Definitely light for the win.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #15565
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Thank you Jconcepts.... Sweet Servo Mount.......... Ordered.......

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/alumi...5-b5m-t5m-sc5m

Last edited by Jamie Hanson; 09-15-2015 at 10:26 AM.
Jamie Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:12 AM   #15566
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

THAT IS VERY NICE LOOKING
jslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #15567
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Thank you Jconcepts.... Sweet Servo Mount.......... Ordered.......

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/alumi...5-b5m-t5m-sc5m
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslider View Post
THAT IS VERY NICE LOOKING

http://www.redrc.net/2015/09/jconcep...t/#more-101592

JConcepts have introduced a special servo mount for Team Associatedís fifth generation off-road vehicles. Constructed of billet aluminium and available in either blue or black colors, the part offers benefits over the stock mount configuration. First, the mount fits snug inside the chassis servo mounting area increasing the support across while the two screw mounting locations are beefy in design and zeroed in for a direct mount to that chassis. Second, the bracket has locations on each side for included 3x6mm setscrews to help align and maintain servo position during racing conditions, crashes and hard hits. The set screws are intended to touch-off against the servo case and provide additional support keeping the servo in the intended position which helps maintain consistent steering trim. The servo mount bracket can be installed without any modifications or additional equipment in the 5-series of vehicles, such as the B5, T5 and SC5, and immediately brings peace of mind to the detail-oriented racer.

RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 04:46 AM   #15568
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If they could make a servo mount that makes it easier to mount a shorty servo, now that would be something.
Sean B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:52 AM   #15569
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 158 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
If they could make a servo mount that makes it easier to mount a shorty servo, now that would be something.
That's a design flaw of the servo mount location. It is not hard to get a shorty servo in there....it just doesn't drop in like a standard does.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #15570
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
That's a design flaw of the servo mount location. It is not hard to get a shorty servo in there....it just doesn't drop in like a standard does.
The spektrum s6270 is pretty much impossible to get in there. Any other servo you are just crimping and bending wires.
BrandonBreh is offline   Reply With Quote