R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree17Likes

Old 08-17-2015, 07:21 PM   #15136
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBuddha View Post
None that I am aware of. Maybe message mantisworx?
The avid shock bushings don't wear out, at all.

Do NOT use the alloy caps.
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #15137
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWIDAD View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am actually looking for the machined bushings and spacers that are installed in the bottom of the shock bodies(hat bushings and shock spacer).

Thanks rcbuddha for your reply as well
AH - I thought you meant for the mounts. I have some of these machined bushings, still. I won't ever sell them as they don't make them anymore...
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:43 PM   #15138
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Yeah, I am not sure why no one filled that hole in the market.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:56 PM   #15139
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
The avid shock bushings don't wear out, at all.
Do the Avid bushings fit the AE standoffs?
Old 08-17-2015, 08:01 PM   #15140
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast8 View Post
Do the Avid bushings fit the AE standoffs?
no. the avid bushings are mean to float on the screw. Since the FT mounts had the ball on top of the shock mount, I am sure the avids would be too small of an ID.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #15141
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would like to clear up the rear motor arm thing.

Rear motor arms on a MM should be mounted opposite? L>R R>L?

It gives more traction? Where? Mid corner? Going in? Coming out? Side bite? Forward grip?

I have great forward grip, I would like a little more side bite coming out of corners. 17.5 car running treaded tires. Usually Very well conditioned green Dirt webs, which are always great, but if I can get a little bit more drive out of the corners, I could do even better.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:15 PM   #15142
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post

It gives more traction? Where? Mid corner? Going in? Coming out? Side bite? Forward grip?

I have great forward grip, I would like a little more side bite coming out of corners. 17.5 car running treaded tires. Usually Very well conditioned green Dirt webs, which are always great, but if I can get a little bit more drive out of the corners, I could do even better.
Yes, they are swapped L/R. They give a slightly shorter wheelbase which puts a little more weight on the back tyres. This will give more rear bite, especially on corner exit. You also get slightly more rear grip under brakes.

Ray
KO Propo EX-1 KIY_____www.keilorrc.com.au
Check out my help thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/10587838-post1.html
ray_munday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:22 PM   #15143
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:

You run them reversed because the sweep is the opposite direction between the RM and MM cars. As stated above, they move your overall static weight towards the rear of the car. More weight over the rear tires gives you more rear traction everywhere.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:35 PM   #15144
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Runner View Post
Can I assume that the Lite kit comes with the appropriate arms/towers, etc so you don't have to buy and swap parts from the B5 kit like we were initially doing with the B5M?
You assume correct. The lite kit is complete including the flat front arms and appropriate tower. I was amazed how much better it handled fo me than the regular MM.
roadblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 12:47 PM   #15145
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:

If you dont find what you are looking for with changing the rear arms you can try lowering your rear roll center and possibly the front even. Im not sure how many inner ball studs you have on your inner camber links but adding a mm might help keep the car planted on exit. Start with the rear and see what happens and maybe add one to the front as well.

I learned tuning with camber links a lot when the 22 first came out, would change .5mm through out the day if the track was losing grip. hope that helps
Old 08-18-2015, 09:39 PM   #15146
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_munday View Post
Yes, they are swapped L/R. They give a slightly shorter wheelbase which puts a little more weight on the back tyres. This will give more rear bite, especially on corner exit. You also get slightly more rear grip under brakes.

Ray
Sounds good. I already have them, just have to bolt them on. I will probably try that tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:48 AM   #15147
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What's with the front rims rubbing on the outside ball cups? I was kind of surprised by that. Thought they may have figured that out here in the 21'st century!
Sean B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:04 AM   #15148
JDe
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello,

A quick question about piston and shock shaft combos. I have V1 and V2 shafts, I understand there is a difference with the screw and e-clip retention's but can you cross v1 pistons with v2 shafts? I have noticed the AE v1 pistons fit fine and are ever so slightly loose after screwed down, as in it can be rotated once the screw is down. I've also noticed a set of Schelle v1 style pistons fit very snug on the shaft, is that how it 'should' be?

Please excuse my ignorance,
Cheers
Old 08-19-2015, 08:03 AM   #15149
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDe View Post
Hello,

A quick question about piston and shock shaft combos. I have V1 and V2 shafts, I understand there is a difference with the screw and e-clip retention's but can you cross v1 pistons with v2 shafts? I have noticed the AE v1 pistons fit fine and are ever so slightly loose after screwed down, as in it can be rotated once the screw is down. I've also noticed a set of Schelle v1 style pistons fit very snug on the shaft, is that how it 'should' be?

Please excuse my ignorance,
Cheers
Unless you ream out the V2 piston, the hole is too small to fit on a V1 shaft. Accidentally ordered some mixed parts from Amain, didn't realize how messed up their "parts for this car" listing were and ordered a mixed set of parts. Decided this last weekend to rebuild the shocks and change up the piston valving front and rear and the V2 pistons would not fit and I didn't have anything to cleanly ream them out so had to purchase the V1 piston to finish the assembly. Not too sure how they absolutely should sit on the shaft, I would think that having them tight enough to not spin should not change how they perform in their damping characteristics. I will probably just ream out the V2 pistons to the size of the V1 set and keep them as backup set of 2 X 1.6 and 3 X 1.4.
Fasttrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:12 PM   #15150
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
What's with the front rims rubbing on the outside ball cups? I was kind of surprised by that. Thought they may have figured that out here in the 21'st century!
I'd check what front wheel you are running...none of mine come close to the ball cups.
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote