R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 01-01-2014, 03:43 PM   #136
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson98 View Post
.... I know a lot of people have driven RM for many many years and it is like learning to drive all over again for me
I started racing 2wd buggy last year, so I had to start from scratch.

Got myself two Yokomo bmax2's, build one MM and one RM. I have always been faster with MM than with RM. When started my RM was a bit more consistent and it felt a bit easier to drive, but even then my fast laps with MM were already faster. After some time and some training of left index finger i found both speed and consistency in MM.

I drive on an outdoor clay track wich has medium traction on a very good day. Normally it's dusty and pretty low grip.

Now I have 2 MM cars, just setup slightly different.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #137
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
Some of you guys are so full of crap that I can't contain myself. The diffs in these cars are all basically made from the same parts. The 22 diffs suck and always will because of the materials. If you buy BFast parts for a Kyosho diff, an AE, and a TLR how could one be smoother than the other? Same parts. The design is basically the same! The only exception is that the diff with more balls theoretically should be smoother because there is more surface contact between the balls and plates and each ball [theoretically] has less psi of pressure being exerted on it. I'm not an engineer but this is not rocket science either. What I'm saying is that nobody's diff is better than anyone elses barring Durrango which is a little different...I only built a couple of those. Its been a while. I don't remember anything other than the weird cir clips and what happened if you put them in upside down. Anyway, a diff is pretty much a diff. If AE decides to step up the quality of the materials then there could be a substantial difference. More balls should be better as you should be able to get more clamping pressure on the diff rings.

On a side note, mid motored cars, pretty much all the Kyosho cars, have been doing well locally in all traction types. I'll probably convert everything to mid motor eventually.
Here you go--NOTHING to do with inferior materials--read on.
Oh-and also-no need to be so aggressive with your "you guys are so full of crap" comments--everyone is just trying to learn from one another. I for one will take the "high road" here hoping that people like yourselves can too!!

http://pittables.blogspot.com/2012/1...-14-vs-12.html
Bcholka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #138
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyD View Post
this might have covered already, if so my bad, but with the new front hex design will there be new B5 specific rims or will current Associated rims work?
The B4 hex wheels will fit
Old 01-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #139
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPear View Post
Not saying your wrong, but your not right. Try a MIP diff, my month old one is smoother than a brand new AE, don't know why but it is.
MIP diff parts are great. I have used them on rebuilds and just build from scratch with them now. Going to put the puck system into my 17.5 and rebuild diff with the MIP parts. Time will tell on the new diff and is it better all around or just better for Mod / stock.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #140
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to BillPear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
MIP diff parts are great. I have used them on rebuilds and just build from scratch with them now. Going to put the puck system into my 17.5 and rebuild diff with the MIP parts. Time will tell on the new diff and is it better all around or just better for Mod / stock.
I'm running the pucks and its pretty damn awesome!
BillPear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #141
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
I just switched over to MIP's puck system for my X-Factory. The aluminum outdrives along with the aluminum c-cvd bones provide a true reduction in rotating mass. The puck concept provides snappier acceleration due to less driveline slop. This system is an absolute MUST for serious 17.5 racers!!!!!
Bcholka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:23 AM   #142
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im just putting it out there but why buy a RM car when most of us already have a b4.2? If you need a car for Astro or high grip situations you just use the MM car? I just cant justify buying 2 cars for one class. My stance was make a car that can be converted but I admit I lost.
So Im taking that approach What do you think? Just creating dialogue
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #143
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Has anyone explained why this car was not run at the worlds
TonyWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:52 AM   #144
Tech Elite

Probably not ready in time. Or in reality, why release something new when the current one was tops (as far as WC's go)?
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #145
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWest View Post
Has anyone explained why this car was not run at the worlds
Maybe because it wasn't complete...the Centro was a test mule for AE, never intended to be a running line car.

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:22 AM   #146
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

I don't see what the big deal is. I bought the Schumacher SV2 when it first came out... this is when i decided to start racing again so clay tracks and tires where all new to me. I always ran on loamy tracks back when the rc10 gold pan was new.

Anyhow, I had zero problems with traction, I did however have problems with not enough steering. So I would ask people for help and all I would hear is "Mid motor won't work, not enough rear traction." I was like I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH STEERING!

... this was coming from people that had never ran a mid motor car... just what they "read" on the internet.
mattjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:30 AM   #147
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to JiuHaWong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
I'm just putting it out there but why buy a RM car when most of us already have a b4.2? If you need a car for Astro or high grip situations you just use the MM car? I just cant justify buying 2 cars for one class. My stance was make a car that can be converted but I admit I lost.
So Im taking that approach What do you think? Just creating dialogue
People like shiney and new.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #148
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
Im just putting it out there but why buy a RM car when most of us already have a b4.2?
AE also sees the tide of SCT racers getting into buggy. They priced this thing to be the go-to car for them. Chances are this won't be much, if any faster on the track than the B4.2 but for the $$, it's an easy choice to make over the competitors out there. This is coming from a guy who currently owns no AE products.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #149
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why no rear shots of the 'm' ?
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #150
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Yeha, there are no rear or bottom shots. Why? I dunno. Bottom is probably uninteresting and rear? Those are only normally listed if there is something interesting to see. Something different that whats already on the market. Like the slipped adjustment on the durango or serpent. Or if your trying to show off your spring steel cva bones like the serpent