Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

so you guys are running the wider c mount to help the car rotate center off? on high bite im guessing
Old 08-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eper
so you guys are running the wider c mount to help the car rotate center off? on high bite im guessing
Curious about this one my self. I've wondered about the GHEA +2mm inserts for the C mount. Just didn't want to pull the trigger on $30 inserts without knowing what they will do for handling.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

ran them when i first got my 5m they made the car rotate more center off but also felt weird on a not super high bite surface. so i only ran them on very high bite surfaces. only get them if you run on that type of surface imo
Old 08-16-2016, 10:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Any help/ suggestions much appreciated.

Looking for a good tuning base point for my motor. Running a trinity d4 with 69/30 ratio at ocrc. I'm trying to figure out what timing and gear ratio I should be in with this motor and track. It's a long shot but any help is appreciated.

I have the timing at 45 now and seems to really be a sweet spot. Any higher and the motor runs a bit too warm.
Trying to get even more punch and top end like the expert guys are doing. It clearly seems like the expert class has a few hidden tricks up their sleeves that the sportsman guys aren't in on or don't find it worth the effort? My fast lap is 22 seconds on the current layout with an average of mid 22s. Experts are in the mid 21s but I think it has to do with their motor program...

Also played with roll center by moving the inner rear ball stud spacer from 0mm to + 2 mm and it really woke the handling up around the turns. Really cool to observe these minor but noticeable changes in the cars performance.

Last edited by radioctrlhead; 08-16-2016 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by radioctrlhead
Any help/ suggestions much appreciated.

Looking for a good tuning base point for my motor. Running a trinity d4 with 69/30 ratio at ocrc. I'm trying to figure out what timing and gear ratio I should be in with this motor and track. It's a long shot but any help is appreciated.

I have the timing at 45 now and seems to really be a sweet spot. Any higher and the motor runs a bit too warm.
Trying to get even more punch and top end like the expert guys are doing. It clearly seems like the expert class has a few hidden tricks up their sleeves that the sportsman guys aren't in on or don't find it worth the effort? My fast lap is 22 seconds on the current layout with an average of mid 22s. Experts are in the mid 21s but I think it has to do with their motor program...

Also played with roll center by moving the inner rear ball stud spacer from 0mm to + 2 mm and it really woke the handling up around the turns. Really cool to observe these minor but noticeable changes in the cars performance.
Make sure your running the best battery kinda like the "pros" do, top of the line oiled ceramic bearings in the tranny at minimum, pucks, slipper eliminator, and the best tires and sauce. Finding the best line is also necessary along with carrying corner speed.

Have you asked the "Pro's" for advice yet? Ask Jason Snyder
Old 08-17-2016, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecman26
..... Jason Snyder
I don't think he is a "pro".
Old 08-17-2016, 02:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Phillip F
I don't think he is a "pro".
Didn't say he is, he DOES run at OCRC right? He would be easier to ask a question than say Spencer Rivkin. Just sayin...
Old 08-17-2016, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Great deal on a custom painted body for your b5m.

Old 08-17-2016, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Make sure your running the best battery kinda like the "pros" do, top of the line oiled ceramic bearings in the tranny at minimum, pucks, slipper eliminator, and the best tires and sauce. Finding the best line is also necessary along with carrying corner speed.

Have you asked the "Pro's" for advice yet? Ask Jason Snyder
i am due for a new battery. will need to figure out which one to invest in as i would like to charge at higher amps. I can use ceramic bearings and possibly a new motor. maybe everythign combined adds up to the level that the "experts" are running at. I just know if i ran in expert i would be walked by their cars since their equipment is clearly at a different level.

finding the fastest line is not my problem as i'm usually at the podium when i race sportsman. it's just a matter of figuring out what other big factors there is right now that
Old 08-17-2016, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

i am due for a new battery. will need to figure out which one to invest in as i would like to charge at higher amps. I can use ceramic bearings and possibly a new motor. maybe everythign combined adds up to the level that the "experts" are running at. I just know if i ran in expert i would be walked by their cars since their equipment is clearly at a different level.

finding the fastest line is not my problem as i'm usually at the podium when i race sportsman. it's just a matter of figuring out what other big factors there is right now that
Its not always equipment....If they are carrying more corner speed they will be faster down the straight than you. Driving style, practice, skill...it all adds up.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:44 AM
Tech Addict

Didn't say he is, he DOES run at OCRC right? He would be easier to ask a question than say Spencer Rivkin. Just sayin...
He does. he did place i think 5th in expert last time i saw him there. he was geared to the moon apparently at 69/34... whereas other "expert class" drivers are running 69/30.

Now the level of competitiveness here is pretty high so i'm takign every word i hear with a grain of salt. I will try and make my own judgement. just saying...
Old 08-17-2016, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Its not always equipment....If they are carrying more corner speed they will be faster down the straight than you. Driving style, practice, skill...it all adds up.
the difference down the straight tells me its equipment.

for sportsmans, i'm neck and neck with everyone. expert, much different.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

the difference down the straight tells me its equipment.

for sportsmans, i'm neck and neck with everyone. expert, much different.
I'm telling you...Stock is about corner speed. The more you carry the faster you will go. Having the fastest motor on the track doesn't equate to having the fastest times. However, if your equipment is old / outdated that's another story.

You're neck and neck with sportsman because that's probably your skill level (nothing wrong with that). Expert should have more experienced drivers.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?...product_id=338

This one is a great deal!
Old 08-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)

Are they sponsored by motor companies? They sponsored by battery companies? If they are you will never be faster then them , you don't get what they get , just remember stock buggy is all about keeping up momentum , hit the lines Everytime , I mean Everytime , you already at disadvantage as soon as you put your car down. Watch the fast guys , remember better competition means you will get there too , don't get frustrated, good luck buddy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.