Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 04-02-2016, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by caffeine357
General Maintenance Schedule Question

What schedule do you guys follow on your B5m for regular maintenance with the exception of stuff breaking of course.

After being called out by the local pros at my track after they looked over my shock oil and how the diff felt im curious with what frequency you guys look to adjust /replace stuff.

Main things I know so far to check are
shock oil (Every 2 races)
Bearings (Every 5 or 6 races)
slop in rear and front hubs
Do you use the air compressor? After you give it some air sit down and start wiggling parts I have caught numerous malfunctions in time. Often take your 2mm driver and just start searching
Old 04-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Just2much19
I use a 1258 of i remember correctly off the top of my head. No, it was just a tight squeeze. I run a CF chassis and I also cut the brace just behind the servo to gain just a little more room. I figured added that would restore a little more rigidity back.
So it came early. Servo fits well with no cutting. Car weighs in at 1585g
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 04-02-2016, 03:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

General Maintenance Schedule Question

What schedule do you guys follow on your B5m for regular maintenance with the exception of stuff breaking of course.

Main things I know so far to check are
shock oil (Every 2 races)
Bearings (Every 5 or 6 races)
slop in rear and front hubs
When I was able to race weekly, I would do the following:
shock oil - once a week if was dirty. I would always bleed/re-bleed my shocks before racing to make sure they were consistent.
Bearings: I run partially de-shielded, so I would clean and re-oil before every race
Diff: I would rebuild every week, but that's my personal preference. To clarify, rebuild = clean and regrease
slop: monitor after every race and shim as necessary.

YMMV depending on your track, the dirt, dust buildup, etc.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Damn i guess im slacking! Shock oil once a year, bearings when they go out, Diff oil never unless it leaks.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

every single bottle of AE shock oil no matter how much i seal it leaks the oil out eventually and the bottle is covered when i pick it up. does this seep through the plastic eventually? I cant seem to figure it out anyone have any suggestions?
I have the same problem. Trying to keep them stored upright seems to help I think. My guess is the cap just doesn't form a good seal.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nmdesertracer
Damn i guess im slacking! Shock oil once a year, bearings when they go out, Diff oil never unless it leaks.
once a year man, i hope youre kidding I dont see how your shocks would even fire they would be so gunked up
Old 04-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBuddha
When I was able to race weekly, I would do the following:
shock oil - once a week if was dirty. I would always bleed/re-bleed my shocks before racing to make sure they were consistent.
Bearings: I run partially de-shielded, so I would clean and re-oil before every race
Diff: I would rebuild every week, but that's my personal preference. To clarify, rebuild = clean and regrease
slop: monitor after every race and shim as necessary.

YMMV depending on your track, the dirt, dust buildup, etc.
The diff every week is quite a commitment. I hadnt done mine since december so i can understand how i was slacking but man it takes awhile so hats off to you for doing it every week.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:37 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Oil

Glad someone mentioned it. Am always buying new oil because of this. Anyone.

every single bottle of AE shock oil no matter how much i seal it leaks the oil out eventually and the bottle is covered when i pick it up. does this seep through the plastic eventually? I cant seem to figure it out anyone have any suggestions?
Old 04-03-2016, 04:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silverstonev8
So it came early. Servo fits well with no cutting. Car weighs in at 1585g

Nice! I would cut the nubs off the wing mount and screw the wing into the mount. You will need either wing buttons or small washers. Also make sure you have the set screws in the bottoms of the hubs and front bulkhead if aluminum to remove any slop.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

Nice! I would cut the nubs off the wing mount and screw the wing into the mount. You will need either wing buttons or small washers. Also make sure you have the set screws in the bottoms of the hubs and front bulkhead if aluminum to remove any slop.
I have the avid wing buttons but haven't had a chance to pop them on yet. I have them on my B44 and love them.
I have the set screws in the rear hubs and front bulkhead since I did the hinge pin mod...
Old 04-03-2016, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
Keep the blue cap that comes with the bottle.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:42 AM
Tech Regular

You got me curious so I just looked and saw that the front hubs take set screws also... I'm on it! Thanks
Old 04-03-2016, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Questions?? Front Suspension

I appreciate all the responses regarding hard vs. stock suspension arms. One more question because unfortunately since I did not build this car and I bought it as a new slightly used roller I am working out the bugs from the previous owner.

Regarding the front suspension block? I used to run an aluminum block in other cars and trucks I ran one but I prefer to run the stock one to keep the car light weight.

So the Question becomes that while replacing the front arm I noticed the hinge pins are kind of tight and need to be pressed into the suspension block? Is this normal? Should I ream it out so they move freely and no the pins aren't tweak I checked that too! So do I ream it ? leave it alone and let them be snug/tight or go to an aluminum front block running 17.5???
Old 04-03-2016, 08:49 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAE
I only have a horrible answer to this...

Buy Losi oil
Old 04-03-2016, 08:50 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnn27
I appreciate all the responses regarding hard vs. stock suspension arms. One more question because unfortunately since I did not build this car and I bought it as a new slightly used roller I am working out the bugs from the previous owner.

Regarding the front suspension block? I used to run an aluminum block in other cars and trucks I ran one but I prefer to run the stock one to keep the car light weight.

So the Question becomes that while replacing the front arm I noticed the hinge pins are kind of tight and need to be pressed into the suspension block? Is this normal? Should I ream it out so they move freely and no the pins aren't tweak I checked that too! So do I ream it ? leave it alone and let them be snug/tight or go to an aluminum front block running 17.5???

Check the hinge pins aren't bent first. (roll them on a piece of glass)

Then yes, I'd ream the block and arms. Unfortunately this is part of owning a B5M.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.