Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JC8390
Sparks Park in Columbus Oh
Dirt Webs are usually the tire of choice there for the fast guys.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
I cut the back brace . Cuthings the brace behind the servo is still a tight fit with that board on the esc.
Thanks for the input. I think if it's okay to cut a brace out completely I'll just notch mine a bit to make it fit. I'm assuming that's what people are doing since most pics I see with a 410 installed still have both braces.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10
When Dirt webs are worn in the middle they are perfect. Use a good tire sauce , personally I love love love SXT 3.0

Bar Flys, Type O's when brand new are great tires for high bite, compacted clay. Sauce em up and run 2 or 3 laps and they should ready to go. We run those, ghost slick Dirt Webs or slicks at our track.

Run some new Dirt Webs that extra bite will most likely solve 90 pct of your problems. They should last a good amount of time, but you'll need to get them scrubbed in before they really start gripping good.

Like everything track time and experimenting there and talking to the local fast guys to see the setups and tires they run, will yield the best results.

Try a change run a few laps and make notes before making another change.

What track do you run?
Dirt webs do need a break in especially dirt tech foams. Electrons are good to have as a backup while they break in. I run both at the beginning of the night and pick which one works best since they are both great tires.

JC8390 If your losing your ass end one item to double check is steering DR. If your at 100 and you have more then enough drop it a few points until you have to bring it back the other way. I have had ass end rotate and quickly get out of sorts because I had so much front grip and steering. When I calmed it down in front things calmed down. Last race though my rear was good changed tires and went to what felt like over steer to a quick ass end slip out, back to other tires and peas and carrots again so tires are 90percent.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cridd
Dirt webs do need a break in especially dirt tech foams. Electrons are good to have as a backup while they break in. I run both at the beginning of the night and pick which one works best since they are both great tires.

JC8390 If your losing your ass end one item to double check is steering DR. If your at 100 and you have more then enough drop it a few points until you have to bring it back the other way. I have had ass end rotate and quickly get out of sorts because I had so much front grip and steering. When I calmed it down in front things calmed down. Last race though my rear was good changed tires and went to what felt like over steer to a quick ass end slip out, back to other tires and peas and carrots again so tires are 90percent.
Going to try that as well.. I have so many things to try lmao. Its going to take some time to work through it.

Right now, Ive left everything alone.. but I fixed my radio problem. Basically what I did is... my buddy calibrated the esc when I first set up the electronics. The throttle travel was at 100%. Then after that, I put the travel to 150%...so I believe the buggy is seeing full throttle somewhere around 75% trigger. Going to work from there this Friday lol.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Make sure your front tires are good too..too soft of an insert can cause it to grab weird. Tires are literally 90% of a setup, maybe even more than that indoors.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

I just bought a B5m Champions edition, from A-Main, to run 17.5 stock buggy class. What upgrades should I get for it? As in like aluminum jconcepts parts & etc. Also what bodies are everyone using? I like the look of the jconcepts warrior, but I seen a lot of people running the JC world's body.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMitchell05
I just bought a B5m Champions edition, from A-Main, to run 17.5 stock buggy class. What upgrades should I get for it? As in like aluminum jconcepts parts & etc. Also what bodies are everyone using? I like the look of the jconcepts warrior, but I seen a lot of people running the JC world's body.
From what I understand, you don't need anything. At least I haven't bought anything other than the aluminum front hinge pin holder and waterfall brace and fan. I use a finnisher body because I do have a waterfall brace and fan on my motor. Fits great.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

I recently built a CE and used the lite instructions for the build. I found out that not included with the CE kit are the 1mm ball stud washers for the front camber link, shims for the outputs of the diff and the b5 rear arms. I think that was all.
I feel like the only plus about the CE kit is that it includes pretty shock bodies...
What made you pick up a CE for stock class?
Old 03-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Silverstonev8
I recently built a CE and used the lite instructions for the build. I found out that not included with the CE kit are the 1mm ball stud washers for the front camber link, shims for the outputs of the diff and the b5 rear arms. I think that was all.
I feel like the only plus about the CE kit is that it includes pretty shock bodies...
What made you pick up a CE for stock class?
My CE kit had the ball stud washers. You get the nice shock bodies but also the FT bearings.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Make sure your front tires are good too..too soft of an insert can cause it to grab weird.
for sure. do think running a harder tire or insert in the front or at least same as rear is problably the best bet. I liked my 60mm dirtwebs, went to 2.2 which are ok, but think on indoor hard clay like the 60mm, going to try back to back.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cridd
My CE kit had the ball stud washers. You get the nice shock bodies but also the FT bearings.
The spacers that came with mine were 2mm not 1mm. The lite comes with the FT bearings also
Old 03-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

This car doesn't "NEED" any upgrades. I'm running the kit body. I'm also running 17.5 with this car. I chose this car over the lite because I'm racing on carpet and wanted the extra weight down low. I expected it to be a heavy, slow pig when I was done building it, but it came out weighing 1555. I'm happy with that!
Old 03-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just got my Lite together... Waiting to get it on the track!!!

Last edited by Tony Rivas; 03-02-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Love the chassis protector!
Old 03-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

LOL where did you get that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.