Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 10:23 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
INSANE.

The CE for $259 shipped is crazy. They've completely undercut all of their resellers with that. Damn.
Real nice.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zephus
Thanks Jpdanger and Sean B. for your feedback about CB's. Looks like I'll use Speedy's when I decide to order. Glad I asked.

Anyone else have input on cut gears? So far I haven't heard anyone report issues with durability, which was my main concern when considering them.
Its funny how people always tend to focus on the negatives rather than the positives. You will never see a post about how great someone's buying experience is on here you will only see the bad ones and that sucks! While I cannot speak personally about your experiences I can say that I have NEVER had a bad experience with CB or his products. Always responded in a timely manner and I have never had a parts failure. Maybe he didnt respond in the time you think he should have or whatever but lets face it, I am pretty sure he is not making a living cutting plastic gears 10 hours a day folks. I am pretty sure he has a real job and family and does it to support the hobby he loves just like us. Give people a break!
Old 12-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by dirt42fan
Its funny how people always tend to focus on the negatives rather than the positives. You will never see a post about how great someone's buying experience is on here you will only see the bad ones and that sucks! While I cannot speak personally about your experiences I can say that I have NEVER had a bad experience with CB or his products. Always responded in a timely manner and I have never had a parts failure. Maybe he didnt respond in the time you think he should have or whatever but lets face it, I am pretty sure he is not making a living cutting plastic gears 10 hours a day folks. I am pretty sure he has a real job and family and does it to support the hobby he loves just like us. Give people a break!
I get what you are saying. Really I do. Comments about negative experiences are indeed what make it onto the internet more readily, because those that get burned on something are way more motivated to spread the word (out of anger and spite) than a satisfied customer (who is happy and has moved on).....and that is something I take into account. It is also a really good reason that a business should be concerned about making customers happy.

But.....when I hear people report a problem on the exact item I asked about from a certain company, and I have the choice to order from the other company (which they did in fact give a legit compliment to), should I choose to then order from the company with negative feedback? What would you do in that instance?

Last edited by Zephus; 12-01-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Angry question

i just upgraded my b5m to the 3 gear transmission. And purchased all the items said needed to upgrade it. When i went online and looked at the b5m lite instruction manual it says to put 2 #1733 diff shims on each side of the outdrives, the stock 4 gear transmission does not use diff shims and no where did it say you needed those to convert to 3 gear transmission, Is this needed and did anyone else notice this? help would be appreciated, have to order a $1.69 part now to get the transmission to work properly?, and pay $10 shipping to get it here for weekend.

thanks
Old 12-01-2015, 01:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by awidz
i just upgraded my b5m to the 3 gear transmission. And purchased all the items said needed to upgrade it. When i went online and looked at the b5m lite instruction manual it says to put 2 #1733 diff shims on each side of the outdrives, the stock 4 gear transmission does not use diff shims and no where did it say you needed those to convert to 3 gear transmission, Is this needed and did anyone else notice this? help would be appreciated, have to order a $1.69 part now to get the transmission to work properly?, and pay $10 shipping to get it here for weekend.

thanks
Shims are not always the same from car to car. In short, your car will not explode from not having the shims, but you will have a little side to side play. Build your 3 gear and see how much play you have. you might not have any at all.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

thanks
I have run it without the shims no issue at all. When the three gear came out the lite was not out yet and nobody mentioned shims. The shims were added to the lite kit. Run it and when you need a diff rebuild down the road put the shims in if you want to.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

the CE is cheaper and comes with more stuff...

Order the CE from AE website, and a lite chassis.
You don't need a lite chassis in my opinion, especially if your running a lower turn motor than a 17.5. Even with a 17.5 the regular chassis weight is better for tracks that are not high grip.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

INSANE.

The CE for $259 shipped is crazy. They've completely undercut all of their resellers with that. Damn.
Doing that to the dealers was not cool, unless the dealers could compete with that.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zephus
I get what you are saying. Really I do. Comments about negative experiences are indeed what make it onto the internet more readily, because those that get burned on something are way more motivated to spread the word (out of anger and spite) than a satisfied customer (who is happy and has moved on).....and that is something I take into account. It is also a really good reason that a business should be concerned about making customers happy.

But.....when I hear people report a problem on the exact item I asked about from a certain company, and I have the choice to order from the other company (which they did in fact give a legit compliment to), should I choose to then order from the company with negative feedback? What would you do in that instance?
You can do what you want, your keyboard and internet connection gives you that right. I spoke out because CB is a stand up dude and my experience with his business was different than yours.
No company is perfect not even Toyota or General Motors or Walmart. Every company out there has negative feedback whether its transparent or not. They are all run by humans and humans make errors.
Again, this is a hobby and I doubt that CB is at his CNC making cut gears 24/7. I am just happy that there are guys like him giving guys like us a go faster option!
Old 12-01-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
I have run it without the shims no issue at all. When the three gear came out the lite was not out yet and nobody mentioned shims. The shims were added to the lite kit. Run it and when you need a diff rebuild down the road put the shims in if you want to.
thanks, called associated to and they said there is not a need to have to put them in. appreciate the quick responses
Old 12-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Default Championship Edition

The new Championship car is a pretty good deal for 325 and during cyber Monday you could get one for only 259! Since the announcement of this car I have been wondering why so much bundled in one box. In reality the majority of racers will never have the need for a three gear and a four gear transmission and several other items will likely never be used. So why does AE need to give so much for a price tag of 259 (the price of a original B5M) basically when this car was released. Seems odd to me. My opinion, which is nothing more than that should create conversation.
I think AE is cleaning out the old inventory before a newer car hits the market. For example you get the new shock bodies, but the old shafts and pistons. Gullwing arms and flat arms, I have not seen anyone going back and forth with them. Three gear and four gear people run one or the other even the factory guys seem to be sticking with one or the other on the MM. The car is a great value for the consumer as well as good opportunity for AE to thin out some parts. I know everyone says the B4 was around for ten or more years nothing big is on the way, but its a different time now and things change much faster. Look how often updated kits come out.
I think we will see a very updated B5 soon.
1:updated chassis with new battery holder
2:slightly new transmission cases to accommodate 4 gear 3 gear and lay down transmission design.
3:new front arms
4:v2 shock shafts standard with maybe a updated shock body and cap
The CE car is a limited edition and AE is not going to make the factory lite the Flagship car. Just my 2 cents for fun.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The new Championship car is a pretty good deal for 325 and during cyber Monday you could get one for only 259! Since the announcement of this car I have been wondering why so much bundled in one box. In reality the majority of racers will never have the need for a three gear and a four gear transmission and several other items will likely never be used. So why does AE need to give so much for a price tag of 259 (the price of a original B5M) basically when this car was released. Seems odd to me. My opinion, which is nothing more than that should create conversation.
I think AE is cleaning out the old inventory before a newer car hits the market. For example you get the new shock bodies, but the old shafts and pistons. Gullwing arms and flat arms, I have not seen anyone going back and forth with them. Three gear and four gear people run one or the other even the factory guys seem to be sticking with one or the other on the MM. The car is a great value for the consumer as well as good opportunity for AE to thin out some parts. I know everyone says the B4 was around for ten or more years nothing big is on the way, but its a different time now and things change much faster. Look how often updated kits come out.
I think we will see a very updated B5 soon.
1:updated chassis with new battery holder
2:slightly new transmission cases to accommodate 4 gear 3 gear and lay down transmission design.
3:new front arms
4:v2 shock shafts standard with maybe a updated shock body and cap
The CE car is a limited edition and AE is not going to make the factory lite the Flagship car. Just my 2 cents for fun.
why new front arms?
Old 12-01-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
why new front arms?
the gullwings never seemed to work so maybe a update on them.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks
No not all transmissions need shimming. Mine personally didn't and plenty of others didn't need it. You should be fine. If the gears don't align properly than you may need them but plenty don't.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

the gullwings never seemed to work so maybe a update on them.
They work, just gives too much steering. Work well on really high bite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.