Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tbone17
Can anyone suggest a durable wing for the B5M? Mine took quite the beating today, definitely time for a replacement.
Stock is best balance of strength and weight. Or the Proline Trifecta of you want all out strength.
Old 10-17-2015, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tbone17
Can anyone suggest a durable wing for the B5M? Mine took quite the beating today, definitely time for a replacement.
Get the s works plastic rear wing they are a bit heavy bit indestructible. Lile really you can take a hammer to it. I have had mine for 6 months I think and a buddy's daughter has had one for over a year amain has them for 8 bucks I think
Old 10-18-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by man1ac
Just read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyking User
Terrible terrible product. Bought four of these batteries, 32 days later ( 2 days out of warranty ) the negative terminal melted on one of the batteries. 2 months later all four have melted negative terminals. Insuffient casing support around the 5mm ports. Don't waste your money like I did

I think I'll stick to the 8.5 even though its quite powerful. I am going to train with my DX4C and the B4.2RS so I think the next step should be the 8.5T (and this kind of motor is often suggested for the B5M (the Sonic Mach 2).)
I have been using 2 of those batteries in my B5M Lite for a couple of months and have had no issues. The one thing I do is use a small amount of dielectric grease on the connections so they don't require so much force. I have been doing this for years on all my battery connections and have never had a fraction of the issues people report about plugs melting and wearing out. You do have to clean the connections and reapply the grease frequently to keep them clean but I feel it's worth the effort.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks!
Just thinking about which Motor/ESC Combo I should take...Kind of frustrated because I cant tell myself thats its a good idea to spent 680$ bucks ...damn my mind! Damn him!
Old 10-18-2015, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SCTDan
I have been using 2 of those batteries in my B5M Lite for a couple of months and have had no issues. The one thing I do is use a small amount of dielectric grease on the connections so they don't require so much force. I have been doing this for years on all my battery connections and have never had a fraction of the issues people report about plugs melting and wearing out. You do have to clean the connections and reapply the grease frequently to keep them clean but I feel it's worth the effort.
I thought a dielectric was an electrical insulator? Perhaps a small amount of electrically conductive grease would be something to try.
Old 10-18-2015, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

im just curious what the difference is between the hard arms and towers over the stock?
Old 10-18-2015, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jslider
Get the s works plastic rear wing they are a bit heavy bit indestructible. Lile really you can take a hammer to it. I have had mine for 6 months I think and a buddy's daughter has had one for over a year amain has them for 8 bucks I think
Thanks, might give it a try. Just wonder if the mount will be a weak point if the wing is that much stronger.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearit
can someone tell me which servo works best and doesn't suck up the juice like savox for a B5M?
In my experience Savox isn't any more power hungry than any other servo out there. The past issues were with the cheapo spektrum sport receivers. If you run them you will have issues but that's not the servos fault.

I just put a Savox 1258 Black edition in my T5M and its frikin sweet!
Old 10-18-2015, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
I thought a dielectric was an electrical insulator? Perhaps a small amount of electrically conductive grease would be something to try.
Where the contact between the metal pieces is solid the grease is pushed out and does not add any resistance. In the loose areas it remains and helps prevent arcing and corrosion. I've done resistance tests and have not seen any difference in the same connection with and without the grease. However with it the connection does go together and come apart easier.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

For those of you running the +4mm mount, what o rings come in the kit thats "required" to run them?

Can you just run the generic orings, or did they get thinner ones?
Old 10-18-2015, 07:10 PM
Tech Rookie

What is involved and what parts do I need to change my 4 gear trans to a new 3 gear ? And will a Schelle clutch work on it afterwards
Old 10-18-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi all,

Just a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer,

V2 Shock Shaft Pistons
1. Will the plastic pistons (e-clipped) work with the V2 screw in shock shafts? On occasion I have been known to hit a chicane at very high speed which smashes the lower e-clip so the screw in fronts will definitely help. Not as much as avoiding the chicane would be hey.

Gear Diff Cover
2. Has anyone tried the new metal gear diff cover and is it noticeably more effective and reducing leakage?

Bleeder Screw Gasket
3. What are everyone's thoughts on the shock bleeder screw gasket design. I cant help but think it doesn't seal properly, its very hard compared to the b4.2 and 44.2 rubber o-ring. Are people using any aftermarket alternatives with much success?

Cheers!
Old 10-18-2015, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nat Maniac
Hi all,

Just a few questions I'm hoping someone can answer,

V2 Shock Shaft Pistons
1. Will the plastic pistons (e-clipped) work with the V2 screw in shock shafts? On occasion I have been known to hit a chicane at very high speed which smashes the lower e-clip so the screw in fronts will definitely help. Not as much as avoiding the chicane would be hey.
V2 Pistons will only work w/ Version 2 pistons. They top is narrower (if I remember correctly) to account for the piston to "sit" on the shaft rather then be held between two eclips. So short answer is no.

Gear Diff Cover
2. Has anyone tried the new metal gear diff cover and is it noticeably more effective and reducing leakage?
Egh, tough call here. My original didn't leak that bad as long as I got the 4 screws tight. It helped, but not a ton.

Bleeder Screw Gasket
3. What are everyone's thoughts on the shock bleeder screw gasket design. I cant help but think it doesn't seal properly, its very hard compared to the b4.2 and 44.2 rubber o-ring. Are people using any aftermarket alternatives with much success?
There's not really any aftermarket options right now. Nor really another design to base it off of besides the Kyosho shocks.

Cheers!
Answers above.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

can anyone tell me what "hard" arms and towers will do over the stock parts? Is it worth getting them? thanks alo
Old 10-18-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks 3Srcracing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.