Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I run 5% drag brake in my orion R10s with mod motors. It's pretty much my go to setting. I like just enough drag brake that my car doesn't "run on" and I can barely feel it. The number greatly depends on the controller too... like 10% drag brake in my orion makes me spin out when I let off the throttle in some corners, so it's too much for me.

Tebo once told me that he felt that you always need "a little" drag brake in 2wd for those corners you need a little brake for because you'll never get it right every time with just push brake. Remember that that does not equate to a number in a controller, it equates to a feel, and some motors already slow down well on their own without anything in the controller, and some motors will spin free for days.

Wayne
Old 09-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Were all very glad you're discounting somebody elses needs. Some people like a lot of drag brake, some people just a little, and some people prefer none.[/QUOTE]

Not discounting at all. I ment no harm in it at all. Like I said some layout people prefer more and other layouts 0 drag
Old 09-11-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
I run 5% drag brake in my orion R10s with mod motors. It's pretty much my go to setting. I like just enough drag brake that my car doesn't "run on" and I can barely feel it. The number greatly depends on the controller too... like 10% drag brake in my orion makes me spin out when I let off the throttle in some corners, so it's too much for me.

Tebo once told me that he felt that you always need "a little" drag brake in 2wd for those corners you need a little brake for because you'll never get it right every time with just push brake. Remember that that does not equate to a number in a controller, it equates to a feel, and some motors already slow down well on their own without anything in the controller, and some motors will spin free for days.

Wayne
Exactly. 5% on one esc/motor combo, might feel the same as 15% on another esc and motor combo. 15% on my esc with my 17.5s is just barely noticeable.

I run my drag brake just to keep the car's "run-on" in check. Just enough that it starts to slow the car down, but doesn't feel like it shifts any weight to the front tires. For example, the car would still roll the length of the straight-away. I like to do all my braking manually.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I believe on the Reedy 410R when you switch to the default blinky mode, the standard setting is 30% drag brake... and what's odd is I didn't even think i had drag brake on while I was driving... but without it on, I really noticed the difference and quickly put it back on. I'll probably end up slightly turning it down, but it is kind of nice never having to break, just know when to let off.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I run no drag brake on any of my vehicles. Most certainly don't need any for my b5m. The thing turns pretty aggressive already.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Wondering if anyone knows why when I get on the throttle onto the straight, about 30'-60' later my buggy starts doing a wicked wheelie? There's nothing on the track causing the front end to lift I don't believe, no crazy bump. I'm not using turbo or boost either. My EPA is -20%. Running a 4 gear and a Schelle slipper. Two white pads and a red pad. Med-high traction clay.

Anyone?
Old 09-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

hmm..needs a front wing
Old 09-11-2015, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Wondering if anyone knows why when I get on the throttle onto the straight, about 30'-60' later my buggy starts doing a wicked wheelie? There's nothing on the track causing the front end to lift I don't believe, no crazy bump. I'm not using turbo or boost either. My EPA is -20%. Running a 4 gear and a Schelle slipper. Two white pads and a red pad. Med-high traction clay.

Anyone?
What motor do you have in it?
Old 09-12-2015, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone?
How tall is your wicker bill?
Old 09-12-2015, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am just getting back into r/c after a several year layoff. Almost all of my previous racing was indoor on carpet with either touring cars or 12th scale. I just ordered a b5m lite and the necessary parts to put a 4 gear tranny in since I will be racing outdoors on a lower grip track. My question is about the bearings. For now I will run the kit bearings - do people pull the seals and clean out any grease and re-oil like what did indoors , or just install them as they come. I will be running mod if that makes a difference.
Thanks
Old 09-12-2015, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

I am running a 7.5T, 25T pinion and 78T spur.

For wicker I am running a Trifecta wing, with it cut to the lowest line, which now that I am looking at it, is still a fairly large scoop! The Trifecta cut down compared to a JC wing at stock wicker, no cutting, so the wicker is fairly large. I guess that could be the issue. I have considered running 20g of weight in front...
Old 09-12-2015, 07:18 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dway100
I am just getting back into r/c after a several year layoff. Almost all of my previous racing was indoor on carpet with either touring cars or 12th scale. I just ordered a b5m lite and the necessary parts to put a 4 gear tranny in since I will be racing outdoors on a lower grip track. My question is about the bearings. For now I will run the kit bearings - do people pull the seals and clean out any grease and re-oil like what did indoors , or just install them as they come. I will be running mod if that makes a difference.
Thanks
4 gear? Seriously? Please, in all of your infinite reasoning, why would you downgrade?

Leave the bearings, the kit bearings are cheap, but they will work right out of the box. Spraying out kit bearings is a very old practice for when runtimes and HP were an issue.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:18 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I am running a 7.5T, 25T pinion and 78T spur.

For wicker I am running a Trifecta wing, with it cut to the lowest line, which now that I am looking at it, is still a fairly large scoop! The Trifecta cut down compared to a JC wing at stock wicker, no cutting, so the wicker is fairly large. I guess that could be the issue. I have considered running 20g of weight in front...
Feather the throttle.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

anybody know who sells the brass weight that goes under the battery?
Old 09-12-2015, 07:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
anybody know who sells the brass weight that goes under the battery?
mckunedesign.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.