Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 07-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigcracing
I got the new B5M and carbon chassis I am fighting to get more rear bite. I have red front springs and 1.6 piston and 35 fluid. The rear green springs and 1.7 Pistons 30 fluid. Tires are dirt web gold for clay track med grip.
Any suggestions?
Originally Posted by 190mph
I am having same problems as bigcracing. I decided to just drive as best I can in 2 outdoor offroad races on hard packed tracks with clay content that dust up as it dries and heats are run on them. I used mainly Blockades M3 for the rear and 4 Rib M3 on the front.
As Ive posted here before, we run on tracks that vary form low to med traction (usually varying between the two on the same day) and we have found the B5M to be fast in all conditions. It needs a little setup work when the traction is lower, but I still find it as fast as my rear motor car when its slippery and faster when the grip comes up.

You will need to move some weight to the back for lower grip tracks. B5R rear arms shorten the wheelbase a few mm & run the rear hubs in the short wheelbase position. If you are running min weight (shorty pack & carbon chassis) move the ESC rearwards to touch the battery and run the battery at full back position. A low profile servo helps as well.

Installing the rear Brass suspension holders (C & D) will give a lot more forward bite. I run Brass C most of the time on dirt unless it has been sugared.

Bigcracing, the red front spring is VERY stiff and will cause an imbalance in handling (mid corner understeer which can cause exit oversteer). I usually run the same spring colour front and rear (sometimes 1 stiffer on the front).

Ive put together a setup guide for the B5M on outdoors / lower traction tracks based on our findings here in Australia. hope this helps.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10587848-post4.html
(see the pdf)

Ray
Old 07-13-2015, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What kind of options are most people running for Mod now? Is the lite chassis a good idea or does it feel funky with more power?
Old 07-14-2015, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron33
What chassis protectors do you guys use are there any that you can reuse after you peel it?
Epic 1 chassis armor is a great product. It is completely reusable and can be applied over and over again to get access to the chassis screws when you need to.

It is also easy to trim with a sharp x-acto blade so you can replace sections that may get damaged or worn out (i.e. the tail area) with scrap pieces.

You can get it here and there are also some instructional videos to help with the application:

Epic 1 Chassis Armor
Old 07-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default I'm at my end

Have done all I know to try and plant my ass end under power to no results tried a lot of you guys advice. Running B5R rear arms moved all the way forward +3 anti squat hell I've even slapped a huge fishing weight on the back still ice skates under power
Old 07-14-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default I'm at my end

Any one got a good sc4x4 or 4wd buggy to trade lol! This cars like a woman pretty to look at but such a handful to get like you want it
Old 07-14-2015, 09:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mac126
Have done all I know to try and plant my ass end under power to no results tried a lot of you guys advice. Running B5R rear arms moved all the way forward +3 anti squat hell I've even slapped a huge fishing weight on the back still ice skates under power
3 deg squat would be bad....I hope you meant toe. you want 1 deg squat.

you either have the wrong tires or too much motor.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:38 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

B5M lite or regular?

What weight is the car?

What setup? ( I mean FULL setup sheet)

What shock O rings?

What shock length?

What front trail?

What motor/esc/battery?

What type of surface?

What chassis?

What tire and insert are you using?

Are your turn buckles binding?

Which C and D mount are you using?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default I'm at my end

Originally Posted by Socket
B5M lite or regular?

What weight is the car?

What setup? ( I mean FULL setup sheet)

What shock O rings?

What shock length?

What front trail?

What motor/esc/battery?

What type of surface?

What chassis?

What tire and insert are you using?

Are your turn buckles binding?

Which C and D mount are you using?
Aluminum CandD mount suspension free Xring shocks about 5 diff sets of tires all soft or super soft bar codes goosebumps chain link hole shots plus few more stock 5m chasis cars fat girl saddle oak thunderpower 5600 65c motor is too much 7.5 d3.5 but EPA turned down to 85% it's red clay medium to loose that's just off head
Old 07-14-2015, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey would someone be able to take a picture of the rear arms for the b5m lite installed I think I received the incorrect arms with my kit and just wanted to double check before I get some more. The markings for Left and Right are reversed on the arms I received and it also look like it is giving me a ton of toe in.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Aluminum CandD mount suspension free Xring shocks about 5 diff sets of tires all soft or super soft bar codes goosebumps chain link hole shots plus few more stock 5m chasis cars fat girl saddle oak thunderpower 5600 65c motor is too much 7.5 d3.5 but EPA turned down to 85% it's red clay medium to loose that's just off head
If you really want to slow a motor down and kick it in the nuts, try turning down your throttle dr. EPA lowers the top speed, but not the low speed.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
If you really want to slow a motor down and kick it in the nuts, try turning down your throttle dr. EPA lowers the top speed, but not the low speed.
Will try I think it's the track no one is really running the MM buggies most all I see are RM
Old 07-14-2015, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Willie Mann
Hey would someone be able to take a picture of the rear arms for the b5m lite installed I think I received the incorrect arms with my kit and just wanted to double check before I get some more. The markings for Left and Right are reversed on the arms I received and it also look like it is giving me a ton of toe in.
I beleive the lite kit comes with B5 rear arms. This means the arm marked left will actually go on the right and the arm marked right goes on the left. You can identify them by the 2 molded points where the sway bar attaches. Maybe someone will verify.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Willie Mann
L goes on R and R goes on L....its backwards but don't worry about it. They are the rear motor arms but they were found to work better on the Mid.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Gonna need to go a bit lower.. start at 55-60% epa. Then work your way up after dialing in the car. I wouldnt even think about a 7.5 outdoors unless it was heavy dirt and step pins.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mason
Gonna need to go a bit lower.. start at 55-60% epa. Then work your way up after dialing in the car. I wouldnt even think about a 7.5 outdoors unless it was heavy dirt and step pins.
Thanks I'll start with those suggestions next if all else fails I've already purchased a rear motor conversion it's just setting in the package thanks again guys

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.