Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 12:59 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lidebt2
Does anyone have instructions to build a 3-Gear Transmission?

Thanks
Look at the B5m FL instruction manual.
http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/ca...000_Manual.pdf
Old 05-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Can the Schelle d-mount be used with the +4 c-mount?
Old 05-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KAWIDAD
Can the Schelle d-mount be used with the +4 c-mount?
Unfortunately it cannot since it does not support the +4mm position.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Unfortunately it cannot since it does not support the +4mm position.
Thanks,so only option is the FT d-mount?
Old 05-14-2015, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jha07
Has anyone weighed their B5M to find the weigh distribution front/back? I don't have the car myself, but was wondering how it compares to the B5 and other mid motor cars.
It's very adjustable! Just with electronics and battery positions you can change it at least 5%. Even more with aluminum or brass parts, and with just weight. Full size or low-profile servo. Shorty, saddle, or square battery. Even clay tires way much more than super-softs. So it really depends. I'd say it can be anywhere from 57 to 67 percent on the rear with minor adjustments.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KAWIDAD
Thanks,so only option is the FT d-mount?
The FT D or Exotek D mount.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's your thoughts on running the b5m lite in mod class + or -'s ? I was thinking on trying a new brand out for mod buggy I'm running tlr now.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tsasak
What's your thoughts on running the b5m lite in mod class + or -'s ? I was thinking on trying a new brand out for mod buggy I'm running tlr now.
It would work just fine.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Micah123
J & A are 23 tooth. J fits my spektrum 6040 servo but A does not. Anyone know why? Thinking inner diameter of horn must be different.
Different pitch to the tooth.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
I know in MX, the TiN is a lot smoother and more scratch resistant than the chrome.
Never seen front forks that weren't chrome. Those should wear a lot more than RC shocks.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roundguy
Never seen front forks that weren't chrome. Those should wear a lot more than RC shocks.
There's a few different flavors. (You're looking at the fork lowers/the uppers are Kashima coated)

Old 05-14-2015, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I know they all look the same.. But what the heck, here is a couple of photos of my Lite I finally finished. I try really hard to make my installs look clean, and I try my best painting the bodies considering I use rattle cans.

My kit wasn't missing anything and went together really well. Notable items to me:
  • Shock pistons needed a little shimming to keep the pistons tight.
  • If you don't buy the optional set screws, there is a bit of slop in the lower control arms at the hinge pins. I originally shimmed this, but eventually got set screws for the front and aluminum hubs in the rear.
  • 2 Ballstups were missing the hex head - they were just rounded. Speaking of ballstuds the aluminum hubs should come with ballstuds, they require a different length ballstud than what comes with the kit. Just one more thing to order.
  • I wish AE had better quality control over their anodizing.
  • I am tickled pink to finally have an AE car and be able to use my metric tools!
  • Shocks felt Kyosho-smooth.
  • Smooth and fun build, the usual great AE directions.

I can't wait to get it to the track and give it a shot. This is my first mid motor car and I am excited to see how different it goes than my B4.2 I hung onto for so long. I usually run JC tires but am giving Electrons a try as well with the new car. I am a total sucker for buying bling stuff but refrained a bit on this one. This kit comes with so much good stuff and the car in stock form will likely perform just fine for my driving abilities so it is kind of weird building something and not having a wish list for parts I want.

Anyway, here is a couple photos:

Old 05-14-2015, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ignishen
Different pitch to the tooth.
thanks for the info. never thought about that. thought it was the hole diameter.
Old 05-14-2015, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JeepnMike
I know they all look the same.. But what the heck, here is a couple of photos of my Lite I finally finished. I try really hard to make my installs look clean, and I try my best painting the bodies considering I use rattle cans.

My kit wasn't missing anything and went together really well. Notable items to me:
  • Shock pistons needed a little shimming to keep the pistons tight.
  • If you don't buy the optional set screws, there is a bit of slop in the lower control arms at the hinge pins. I originally shimmed this, but eventually got set screws for the front and aluminum hubs in the rear.
  • 2 Ballstups were missing the hex head - they were just rounded. Speaking of ballstuds the aluminum hubs should come with ballstuds, they require a different length ballstud than what comes with the kit. Just one more thing to order.
  • I wish AE had better quality control over their anodizing.
  • I am tickled pink to finally have an AE car and be able to use my metric tools!
  • Shocks felt Kyosho-smooth.
  • Smooth and fun build, the usual great AE directions.

I can't wait to get it to the track and give it a shot. This is my first mid motor car and I am excited to see how different it goes than my B4.2 I hung onto for so long. I usually run JC tires but am giving Electrons a try as well with the new car. I am a total sucker for buying bling stuff but refrained a bit on this one. This kit comes with so much good stuff and the car in stock form will likely perform just fine for my driving abilities so it is kind of weird building something and not having a wish list for parts I want.
Looks great and nice job using the rattle cans. Now take a lighter to the spring color tubing and shrink those!

I don't know what your track is like, but mine is high traction indoor clay and I hated the Proline Electrons! Dirt Webs are great, but I love AKA Chain Links.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
Looks great and nice job using the rattle cans. Now take a lighter to the spring color tubing and shrink those!
Thanks! And thanks for the reminder about the shrink tubing on the springs. I still need to break in the diff and set the camber as well. It is amazing how I would have likely had this done in a day or two back in the day when I was single with no kids. Married with kids, building a car takes an eternity

I am going to try to get to TRCR this Thursday if I can. I usually get there around 11 (when the track is a lot slicker than I would like) and spend the entire day there and leave right around the time the track has good bite in it. It isn't racing, but I get my fix!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.