Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 01:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

I was wondering has anyone tried the xfactory carbon chassis, i have a b5m with all the goodies so its really not worth getting the new lite, but my buggy can still afford to lose weight and was wondering would it be worth while getting the carbon chassis or getting the lite chassis any advise would be appreciated as i don't want to lose any of the great handling you get with the stock chassis.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HSV427
I was wondering has anyone tried the xfactory carbon chassis, i have a b5m with all the goodies so its really not worth getting the new lite, but my buggy can still afford to lose weight and was wondering would it be worth while getting the carbon chassis or getting the lite chassis any advise would be appreciated as i don't want to lose any of the great handling you get with the stock chassis.
Alot of guy's have been having success with Bezerk RC ' S carbon chassis. Won the Australian Stock Title. Contact Paul through Bezerk RC FB page.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Picked up my lite yesterday, started the build, the only thing missing is the front bumper. The car is coming together nicely.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I stuck a link on the front page for Bezerk R/C. Here's some examples of the work:

Probably the coolest thing about his services is he can re-produce older graphite chassis like for this HPI Pro:

Old 04-26-2015, 07:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I think that I need a new scale. Per my scale, my Lite with Ti upper screws, Ti ball studs, pucks, slipper eliminator, KO one10 servo, 2.4 wheels, CF strap, aluminum wheel nuts, and a Trackpower 90c 3250mah lipo, hobbywing 3.1 & Bandit motor weighs 1438 grams (minus wing and transponder). I have another car that is similar but it has a hand milled chassis and it was 1520 with a 4400mah SMC lipo. Is that possible? I might have to drive to Lowes and buy another scale....I'm going to do that right now.
....forgot, I have a second scale in my track bag. This a different scale and this time I threw the transponder on. You'll see the next pic without a body.
Here's without a body....
You're suppose to weigh the car as track ready.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

If you run on med-high grip or higher, you'll want the chassis stiffeners with it. The extra flex the chassis gives you is incredible on med-low bite or lower. You'll probably new a spring change either way, but it'll still feel great.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I investigated carbon chassis recently and some racers indicated they would load up on compression then release. Some of the drivers indicated they did not like carbon because of having to time the release point that may be inconsistant. I installed the lite chassis and am doing well @ 1502 grams.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm sure you could set it up for almost any conditions but based on how it is set up I'd say its really meant for a higher grip track the way they sell it. In the winter when traction decreases greatly on our track, we go heavy and set the cars up soft. The Lite is light and stiff.
That's a good point. Guess I'll go with the b5m n forget the extra bells n whistles of the Lite.. Unless someone really has tried and had good success with the Lite on loose tracks.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There is another nice CF chassis available from Plan B Racing. The claim is that it saves 78g over the stock (not milled) B5M chassis. Because it only costs $70 I decided to forego the Factory Lite and take advantage of the lower price and $15 gift certificate Tower had for the B5M Team Kit. I also like the ability to retain the use of velcro for securing the body via the delrin insert pieces.

https://www.facebook.com/planbrc

You can contact Plan B here: [email protected]

Old 04-26-2015, 11:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
There is another nice CF chassis available from Plan B Racing. The claim is that it saves 78g over the stock (not milled) B5M chassis. Because it only costs $70 I decided to forego the Factory Lite and take advantage of the lower price and $15 gift certificate Tower had for the B5M Team Kit. I also like the ability to retain the use of velcro for securing the body via the delrin insert pieces.

https://www.facebook.com/planbrc

You can contact Plan B here: [email protected]

edit: Looks like he's close to production
Old 04-26-2015, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBuddha
Is he in production now?
I believe so but I can't find any "official" announcement on the FB page. I sent him payment via PayPal and mine is in the mail.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
I believe so but I can't find any "official" announcement on the FB page. I sent him payment via PayPal and mine is in the mail.
I am in "semi- full" production, I have 1 t5m kit not spoken for and material on the shelf to make 16 more b5/t5 kits with more material on the way
Old 04-26-2015, 12:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by re-do73
I am in "semi- full" production, I have 1 t5m kit not spoken for and material on the shelf to make 16 more b5/t5 kits with more material on the way
I updated your listing on the first page, let me know when you have something new or are ready for orders, I'd be happy to post it here.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Ran the 2nd fastest lap of the day in stock buggy saturday in my first race out with the B5ML
Old 04-26-2015, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Loving this car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.