Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 11-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom73
I bought a b5mm used off RCT. I'm curious if it already has the b5rm rear a arms on it already. The seller stated there were b5rm arms as part of the package but I'm uncertain if they are installed. I suspect the are not since the left rear arm is marked left and not reversed. Can someone please confirm? Also for those that have made the change how did it change the handling and how significant was the change.

Thanks
If its a RM rear arm it will have two of the little sway bar nubs on each arm. The MM ones only have one
Old 11-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

It will give the car more forward bite but we wont get into the draw backs of running them. If the track you run on is loose then they might be a good idea to run.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom73
I bought a b5mm used off RCT. I'm curious if it already has the b5rm rear a arms on it already. The seller stated there were b5rm arms as part of the package but I'm uncertain if they are installed. I suspect the are not since the left rear arm is marked left and not reversed. Can someone please confirm? Also for those that have made the change how did it change the handling and how significant was the change.

Thanks
As stated above it seems you have the stock MM rear arms. He could have meant the front arms were from the RM. The RM front arms are flat, compared to the "gullwing" MM front arms.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mschumi101
As stated above it seems you have the stock MM rear arms. He could have meant the front arms were from the RM. The RM front arms are flat, compared to the "gullwing" MM front arms.
HUH?!?
Old 11-30-2014, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Going to rewire mine this week. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out a way can run inline and standard without moving the electronics at all.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Rookie

I was able to make it so that I can run in any number of setups without having the re wire.. I can run inline, battery forward and the ESC mounts between the waterfall and the battery. If I move the battery back, I need to put the ESC on top of the battery, keeing the ESC as close as I can to the waterfall and still clearing the body. If I mount the battery sideways (stock) I can move the ESC to the top of the battery or in front of it.

When I wired the motor, I just left a little extra wire, then spun the ESC a couple of times to twist the motor wires... This takes up the slack and I can go back when I need the extra wire. Seems to work well for me.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)

I have run my b5m a total of 4 times, front bearings feel very gritty and do not spin freely when put together in the steering block.

Is this a bearing issue or some type tolerance issue?
Old 12-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Have you cleaned the bearings? Might just have to replace them. I purchased a revolution kit from Avid so that I can replace the factory bearings as they wear out. $22 shipped to my door.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

What's the predecessor to the square fuzzie? Is it the holeshot?
Old 12-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DLE RC
I believe you are correct. hole shot, square fuzzy, evil twin.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by isarctard
I have run my b5m a total of 4 times, front bearings feel very gritty and do not spin freely when put together in the steering block.

You're not alone on this, the bearings do wear out faster than normal for some reason. I though gluing the inserts into the C-hub would fix it, but they still get gritty fast.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DLE RC
I think there was a fuzzie, flat fuzzie, then square fuzzie.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by isarctard

Originally Posted by MikeXray
You're not alone on this, the bearings do wear out faster than normal for some reason. I though gluing the inserts into the C-hub would fix it, but they still get gritty fast.
It has to do with the crush sleeve in between the two bearings in the hub being out of tolerance. Solution is place (1) .20mm shim along with crush tube. This will give the additional support the bearings need when you tighten down the wheel.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Strange. I have been running my B5m probably 10 packs a week for the last 3 or 4 months.... bearings feel as free today as they did the day I built the kit. Swap them out for a $1 protek bearing. Might have been a bad batch or something.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Strange. I have been running my B5m probably 10 packs a week for the last 3 or 4 months.... bearings feel as free today as they did the day I built the kit. Swap them out for a $1 protek bearing. Might have been a bad batch or something.
My opinion is that some of the inserts are just off from being perfectly straight by a little bit and it puts stress on the inside of the bearing also if you are running the axles and front hexes I have noticed if you tighten your front wheels to much it pushes the hex up against the bearing and it feels gritty and has a lot of drag. I am actually going back to the stock axles bc I am tired of pulling the hexes away from the bearings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.