Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

yeah. Crap happens. I worry less about what others are doing on the track and more about how my car is. Not much I can do about getting punted or a bad marshal. The marshal was a 10 year old girl, lol. What am I gone do? Go yell at her? She was a volunteer because we didnt have enough. I am sure she was doing her best.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
yeah. Crap happens. I worry less about what others are doing on the track and more about how my car is. Not much I can do about getting punted or a bad marshal. The marshal was a 10 year old girl, lol. What am I gone do? Go yell at her? She was a volunteer because we didnt have enough. I am sure she was doing her best.
my car was really good threw out the weekend which was what i was really happy about. the 1st 2 times i ran the car i was kind of disappointed with how numb it felt. Seems that it is starting to get it where i need it.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
yeah, I see people hating on this car and I like wtf. This car is a baller. Then they tell me how bad the b4,t4,sc10 are. I love it when people that never even tried the B5 bash it based on the B4.
How can they justify bashing the b4 either? Winnigest platform in history. The guys that talk out their a@# like that are usually also the guys finishing near the back and have no clue.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eper
Yeah the entire forum. I asked a question and not even a slight response. It's like the forth time. Just getting a little fed up. The one guy that did help out people "cherry". He gets ripped in to all the time. That's how I see it. It's all good I can figure out things on my own and from locals.
Saw your question once.... I have seen plenty of pictures of the cut waterfall and inline mod throughout here. I bet if you used the search function you could find them. I don't believe many guys prefered inline once they tried it and went back to standard setups from what I have read.

As for WC. Everyday was filled with another miracle setup but no response as to what changes were noticed. Always that it was the "new" greatest setup and all the AE guys would do it. He really provided no real world advice and simply cost anyone who followed his advice money as they eventually were spending to replace parts he told them to hack up with no results to show from the mod.

To each their own.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you for the comments .

At the moment I don't have a lot of money so I can't really afford a new pack for weight distribution purpose only... I'm not paying for the brass so....

Here's the "mark II" :

150g that one () with the shorty the car weights 1700g dead.

Indeed the B5 would be a better solution than this but this weight is for the 15% of the time where we go on super slippery polished concrete otherwise it is carpet and astro.
I needed something quick to add/remove and cheaper than owning a b5 and b5m.

I tried it with no weight the 85g and 150g on our workshop floor (polished concrete again) and the 150g felt the best. Again this could be an impression and needs to be verified at the next club meeting. The 150g weight gave the car very much a point and shoot feeling. I could turn very sharp and faster to me.
Slight drift into corner and then full throttle out almost .

Jonathan
Old 09-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Nice work on the brass weight.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PIIHB!
I'm glad they've stepped up their game.
I agree, AE knocked it out of the park with the B5 / B5M
Old 09-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong
Nice work on the brass weight.
+1 very nice work. Bet he worked his brass off on it....
Old 09-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

That brass weight is SICK!! I just dont understand when I could ever use something like that. My car does wheelies all over the place on med bite tracks. I would be doing backflips lol.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What is the shortest sensor Cable you can use on this car? im guessing a100mm what you guys think?
Old 09-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
What is the shortest sensor Cable you can use on this car? im guessing a100mm what you guys think?
Depends on where you mount your speedo.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
That brass weight is SICK!! I just dont understand when I could ever use something like that. My car does wheelies all over the place on med bite tracks. I would be doing backflips lol.
He said "super slippery" right, something most of us never run on.... I appreciate people are trying to find improvement to the car to fit their local conditions, and sharing the results.

Again, many are getting both cars, some get one of them and work from there...
Old 09-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pellefa
He said "super slippery" right, something most of us never run on.... I appreciate people are trying to find improvement to the car to fit their local conditions, and sharing the results.

Again, many are getting both cars, some get one of them and work from there...
It wasn't a derogatory comment I appreciate his ingenuity. I have run on some slick tracks.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by shannow
Thank you for the comments .

At the moment I don't have a lot of money so I can't really afford a new pack for weight distribution purpose only... I'm not paying for the brass so....

Here's the "mark II" :

150g that one () with the shorty the car weights 1700g dead.

Indeed the B5 would be a better solution than this but this weight is for the 15% of the time where we go on super slippery polished concrete otherwise it is carpet and astro.
I needed something quick to add/remove and cheaper than owning a b5 and b5m.

I tried it with no weight the 85g and 150g on our workshop floor (polished concrete again) and the 150g felt the best. Again this could be an impression and needs to be verified at the next club meeting. The 150g weight gave the car very much a point and shoot feeling. I could turn very sharp and faster to me.
Slight drift into corner and then full throttle out almost .

Jonathan
I would buy something like that. Looks nice.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JFuel11
I have personally never found a setup that I liked where I ran lighter shock oil in the front over the rear.

Things to try:

1. Change Shock Oil to 30 in Front and 27.5 in Rear. The 27.5 in the front is most likely letting the front end dive and roll to fast unloading the rear in combination the 30wt in the rear may not be letting the rear end drop and transfer weight on power.

2. You can try going down one rate in rear spring as well, but could start to make the car push on throttle, but easy enough change

3. If shock oil change does not help you could try reducing Anti-Squat by a degree.

4. I know these are basic, but buggies or so sensitive to small ride height and camber changes. Ensure these are spot on, I like -1 degree camber in the rear and 24 mm ride height front and rear.
Thanks for the suggestions.... Hopefully will have some time tonight to try some changes before the races tomorrow.

I wrote the wrong shock fluids: front has 1.6 with 30wt oil and black springs and rear has 1.6 with 27.5wt oil and green springs, so front is heavier.

I am going to install the aluminum C and D mounts with inserts to add back a little weight down low on the rear. Will try 25wt oil in the rears and then black springs, and reduce antisquat to 1 degree, one thing at a time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.