Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Interesting write up. I completely feel that the brakes on my RS Gen 2 are super tough. Hitting the brakes usually just ends in a lock up. Granted I have done nothing to tune them, but I am interested in seeing the difference between that and the HW I am putting in this weekend.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Oohhhhhh Myyyyyy does this look good! B5M Finnisher.
http://blog.jconcepts.net/2014/07/jc...innisher-body/

Old 07-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hcopp
Interesting write up. I completely feel that the brakes on my RS Gen 2 are super tough. Hitting the brakes usually just ends in a lock up. Granted I have done nothing to tune them, but I am interested in seeing the difference between that and the HW I am putting in this weekend.
oh yeah, the tekin can definitely lock up your wheels, lol. Of that I have no doubt. I personally like a little more control over my brakes, lol. Do you lock up the brakes on your "real" car? god I hope not, lol. I could just see all the mini vans out there, locking up their wheels when they turn lol.

Also, the HW will probably lock up your wheels also, if you smack them hard. I normally run mine at 100% on the esc and 75-80% on the radio.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Tech Prophet

yeah, it looks good. that will probably be my next MM body. I like how Spencer is now the poster boy, lol
Old 07-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

I've got my brakes working great, on my tekin. between the adjustablility on the ESC to my controller, I've had no problem getting them where I like it.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Spencer's future is a very good one I bet...he is as fast as ****!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by lee111m
I've got my brakes working great, on my tekin. between the adjustablility on the ESC to my controller, I've had no problem getting them where I like it.
that is great. the way you like it and the way I like it are not the same. And that is fine. That is why we have so many brands to choose from. Also, I used to think my stuff was perfect...then I started trying other products and realized what I though was perfect, was not. I always tell my wife that I am the best guy she has ever dated. Its true, as I am the only one. If she had dated more, would she have picked me....God I hope not. I'd like to think she is smarter than that
Old 07-24-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The Hobbywing ESC's are really good and highly tunable. I switched from TEKIN to Speed Passions Rev Pro 1.1's across the board and have not looked back. They are top notch, are highly tunable, and include EVERYTHING you need for programming and fine tuning.

I found the brakes on my RS Pros a bit tough as well. Going from not enough braking to too much braking and the rear ends would snap around at times. I did have someone help me with power and braking curves and settings using the Hotwire and it made a world of difference, but it was a bit harsh on brakes. Being in South Florida, a freshly moistened track can and usually does dry out by the 2nd or 3rd class and by the time you get on track for your class it's already dry and dusty in most areas and the grip for braking is simply not there. Even just letting off the throttle can send you into a spin going into turn 1 after the long straight so you have to brake lightly and even then you can sometimes 360 it and keep going. With my Rev Pros I can coast through it pretty well with a slight touch of the brakes and easing back on throttle, to power through the corner with excellent speed.

Orion stuff is nice BUT highly overpriced and I just cannot afford to throw money like that on all my cars. I was able to put Speed Passion in all 4 cars for $400 which is about $500 less than if I'd gone with Orion or Tekin, and the performance is almost identical so I am quite satisfied.

I think you'll like the Hobbywing just fine. They are excellent.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I just bought aluminum rear hubs. Does anyone know the part number for the 8mm ball studs?
Old 07-24-2014, 10:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by the incubus
The Hobbywing ESC's are really good and highly tunable. I switched from TEKIN to Speed Passions Rev Pro 1.1's across the board and have not looked back. They are top notch, are highly tunable, and include EVERYTHING you need for programming and fine tuning.

I found the brakes on my RS Pros a bit tough as well. Going from not enough braking to too much braking and the rear ends would snap around at times. I did have someone help me with power and braking curves and settings using the Hotwire and it made a world of difference, but it was a bit harsh on brakes. Being in South Florida, a freshly moistened track can and usually does dry out by the 2nd or 3rd class and by the time you get on track for your class it's already dry and dusty in most areas and the grip for braking is simply not there. Even just letting off the throttle can send you into a spin going into turn 1 after the long straight so you have to brake lightly and even then you can sometimes 360 it and keep going. With my Rev Pros I can coast through it pretty well with a slight touch of the brakes and easing back on throttle, to power through the corner with excellent speed.

Orion stuff is nice BUT highly overpriced and I just cannot afford to throw money like that on all my cars. I was able to put Speed Passion in all 4 cars for $400 which is about $500 less than if I'd gone with Orion or Tekin, and the performance is almost identical so I am quite satisfied.

I think you'll like the Hobbywing just fine. They are excellent.
+1 on the orion price. that is what rctech is for. I paid $100 esc for my r10 pros and they were all in perfect condition. RC crap depreciates at a stupid rate. I leave it to other people to throw cash away and give me deals. The r10.1 are like 250, lol. I will NEVER pay that. I dont mind used stuff in new condition and will buy it all day long. heck, I have bought used stuff, used it for 6 months and sold it for more than i paid.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rickster
why would you not use adjustments if they may help your driving? I use servo speed control all the time.. not as much in electric but in gas.. I limit my servo speed for throttle in 1/8 and 1/10 gas as its way smoother. steering is no different.. if your using a super fast servo and not getting the fast laps you like as you have to baby the steering the slow it down and try it.

on high bite tracks its not as big of a deal.. but on a loose track where everyone is looking for traction then it may just give you an advantage.
Rickster
I always run full lock to lock steering and no speed reduction because you want your servo to react as it was designed to.
Your setup may be why it is too twitchy easiest way to get rid of some twitchyness is to run toe out or even toe in in some cases that is just one way to get rid of it there are so many to change that
Old 07-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GTSSTANG
I just bought aluminum rear hubs. Does anyone know the part number for the 8mm ball studs?
rc10.com complete part list and numbers there
Old 07-24-2014, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

That body does look good but I'm still a little partial to the Silencer. I may just have to have both for some variety.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GTSSTANG
ASC91048 -

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=team+associated+8mm+ball+stud+b5
Old 07-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by negatv1
he still had to click a link though. Two as a matter of fact!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.