Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 08:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillPear
I stopped posting here a while ago due to the people that were to lazy to read/search the thread. Now with the volume of MISINFORMATION/OPINION that is posted as FACT, in regards to getting your B5m down to weight I feel I need to make on last, last post. First a few questions for the weight experts.

1. How much over the NASCAR minimum does Jimmy Johnsons car weigh WITHOUT ballast?

2. Same for Lewis Hamilton's F1 car? I guess more than Nico's since he's trailing in the points

3. How about those guys and there Tour De France bikes how much extra weight do they carry?

The answer to all three is NONE!

Finally if you think weight really doesn't matter, go ask your doctor how much extra weight you should carry.

If you want to know how to get to 1499g search out my previous posts in this thread it's all there, and doesn't cost that much. If you REALLY want to get light so you have ballasting options or want to run the FT Al parts PM me.

I wont waste the Experts (?) time responding to this thread again, nor will I be baited. I will continue to follow your ridiculous theories though, because My Teammates and I love a good laugh
Old 07-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillPear
I stopped posting here a while ago due to the people that were to lazy to read/search the thread. Now with the volume of MISINFORMATION/OPINION that is posted as FACT, in regards to getting your B5m down to weight I feel I need to make on last, last post. First a few questions for the weight experts.

1. How much over the NASCAR minimum does Jimmy Johnsons car weigh WITHOUT ballast?

2. Same for Lewis Hamilton's F1 car? I guess more than Nico's since he's trailing in the points

3. How about those guys and there Tour De France bikes how much extra weight do they carry?

The answer to all three is NONE!

Finally if you think weight really doesn't matter, go ask your doctor how much extra weight you should carry.

If you want to know how to get to 1499g search out my previous posts in this thread it's all there, and doesn't cost that much. If you REALLY want to get light so you have ballasting options or want to run the FT Al parts PM me.

I wont waste the Experts (?) time responding to this thread again, nor will I be baited. I will continue to follow your ridiculous theories though, because My Teammates and I love a good laugh
I dont like a super light car, its my preference. I know a few people who went to 1499 and could not get the car planted. I am sure all of that could be tuning. Probably is. 99% of rctech are not expert tuners. That is just a fact. And non of the "pros" run super light stock cars. Hartson didnt even do that for jc stock nats. The shock packages that WC preaches and several other preach are for heaver mod cars. If you have a perfect high bite 1499 gram setup, please post it for all to share. No sarcasm, but that info is not not here. Most people post here and going super light dont have a clue and the fast locals are not always very forth coming. They are too busy discharging and charging packs at 40 amps, grind endbells for more timing and removing winds
Old 07-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I dont like a super light car, its my preference. I know a few people who went to 1499 and could not get the car planted. I am sure all of that could be tuning. Probably is. 99% of rctech are not expert tuners. That is just a fact. And non of the "pros" run super light stock cars. Hartson didnt even do that for jc stock nats. The shock packages that WC preaches and several other preach are for heaver mod cars. If you have a perfect high bite 1499 gram setup, please post it for all to share. No sarcasm, but that info is not not here. Most people post here and going super light dont have a clue and the fast locals are not always very forth coming. They are too busy discharging and charging packs at 40 amps, grind endbells for more timing and removing winds
WHo does that?
Old 07-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

most guys I know just run 10.4 volts on their batteries
Old 07-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I don't mess with my motors but I've been charging at 30-40 amps since the last JBRL. Talk about pop win the lipo comes off the charger! I picked up some of the expensive Fantom roar legal motors and the timing on those goes to 80! I don't have the sack to turn it past half way.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I don't mess with my motors but I've been charging at 30-40 amps since the last JBRL. Talk about pop win the lipo comes off the charger! I picked up some of the expensive Fantom roar legal motors and the timing on those goes to 80! I don't have the sack to turn it past half way.
LOL...
Old 07-08-2014, 11:03 PM
Tech Legend

Note : I recommend 4 x 55 pistons for their improve stability in the corners.

Not due to the weight of the car at all.

The set up I use ?

You know , the one that is completely different from what the Cali boys still have come up with ?

It's a lot lighter then most..Oman!

short pack
no pile of spaghetti motor wire
Trimmed battery brace & water fall

Facts only and no spew for me please..
Old 07-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Okay, a lil off the current topic right now but I'm looking for a spring chart for all the current AE offroad springs. I dont see any with the white springs in them. So again all the current ae off road springs charts. A link or picture is highly appreciated. Thanx.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Here it is
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 07-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
Here it is
You da Man! Thanks!
Old 07-09-2014, 03:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

In all those race series you are in the car. In rc it's a different feel. In my opinion a heavy car is easy to drive and in my world a easy to drive rc car is what I am after. I like the weight. That's just my opinion. To each is own.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

i don't care how much money you spend on a car to lighten it up,If you can't keep it on all 4s through the whole race its point less,i raced a 22 which isisnt the lightest car and i was tq a lot,You can do good with a heavy car you just need to know how to set it up and DRIVE the damn thing,I see so many people spending 100s$$ to have all this bling and make it light,they get on the track and there a hot mess,or they sit there and stare at it for half the day like they don't want to get it dirty.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mxracer458
i don't care how much money you spend on a car to lighten it up,If you can't keep it on all 4s through the whole race its point less,i raced a 22 which isisnt the lightest car and i was tq a lot,You can do good with a heavy car you just need to know how to set it up and DRIVE the damn thing,I see so many people spending 100s$$ to have all this bling and make it light,they get on the track and there a hot mess,or they sit there and stare at it for half the day like they don't want to get it dirty.
Agreed, not to mention the time spent tuning to get it to handle after moving the center of gravity around... Aint no-body got time fur dat....

If I was going to make a dedicated race RC I would go all out from the time I opened the box. Otherwise, taking away weight after I have a working set up means I need to retune the chassie... But I am new here so what do I know.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Reading through all this "stock" crap...

First, it makes me glad I run mod and do not have to worry about how much my car weights or how much money I need to spend to get it light. If you are THAT competitive then just man up and run mod.

And second, it makes me wonder what the hell happened to stock as a class for people to move up from Novice and work on learning how to drive to move on to mod down the road.

Lame.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:27 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Stock motors used to be no more than $25. On the other hand, back in that time frame, we did all we could to make our cars lighter/faster. The car didn't even remotely look like the original factory car when we were done mucking around with them. If you turn that around one more time, my son runs his totally unmodified B5M with a blinky 17.5 in the mod class and does just fine. The track we are currently running on doesn't have any ridiculously short run ups or lengthy triples either. It flows and allows for some great side by side racing with a nice quad section that puts the focus on timing and throttle control instead of max traction and horse power.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.