Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree136Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iterator
I got a chance to take some photos of WC's B5M and the individual parts he modified. Pretty interesting stuff, I haven't tried it on my car but I wanted to share the photos.

Forgive the ignorance, I don't have my M yet, but what am I looking at as far as what he modified?
Old 05-14-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

road trip to the shop to get my kit hope I can sleep
Old 05-14-2014, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wstuart
Which slipper should I use for stock?

Should I use the exotek locked slipper to save weight - or does that make it drive poorly

Is anyone having luck using the old b4 twin plate slipper? Is there a disadvantage in stock to using the new heavier multi-plate slippers?

For stock racing, it is recommended that you run the slipper eliminator. Not only do you save weight, but it is rotating weight, which is huge in stock. It will not make the car drive poorly, you may have to ease on the throttle but you will get more acceleration. From my experience, I ran the stock slipper, then the V2 system, then the Exotek eliminator, and the Exotek works the best.

The other option is to run the V2 slipper system. It is a two pad system works better than the stock one for stock. You may use the stock three pad slipper, however you lose power as well as you have extra weight.

Hope this helps
Old 05-14-2014, 07:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kave
I think he means the weight over the wheels not the total weight.
Correct!

Just curious how much the weight bias changes...
Old 05-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by RCBuddha
Correct!

Inline shown on my ride has more forward weight ..

Think everyone should now consider they can change the chassis flex for inline or lateral..

The mod shows its easy to do .

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 05-14-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DWill
That's exactly what I'm piecing together now from Fastenal. If someone already has it don I'd be in.
Already done. Not from Fastenal but a better and more fair priced fastener place. I ordered all stainless steel screws except for the ones that go through the bottom of the chassis (won't see them / chassis protector). They didn't have 22mm for the lower front arms. However, I sourced 22mm titanium screws for a fair price, and they fit both the lower front arms and are still long enough (and strong enough) to use on the shock tower mounting locations.

I have a few extra complete sets for now, and can acquire more if these go pretty fast. Had been meaning to post sets for sale, but been busy and distracted and forgot.

PM me if truly interested. I have them on hand and can package and send immediately. I will tally up a low but fair price I can sell a complete set for.

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 05-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I noticed that cav was running the rear motor rear arms and someone else was running them on petit rc also ,what difference is there between the two ? thnx
Old 05-14-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Really like the alloy hub with its vertical ball stud, so I just switched back to the plastic camber mount.

Having both sides metal was a bit to stiff for my ride , it benefited from the extra grip gain by using a plastic camber mount .
Interesting. I thought I was crazy, but I also noticed what I felt was a slight loss in traction after going alum / alum on both rear pieces. I think I might switch back to "stock" rear hubs and keep the alum rear camber ballstud mount, as I haven't had any breakage on the rear hubs at all.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBuddha
Correct!

Check the b5 nation fb page. Someone just posted the weight change.

I believe it was very minor. 62 % on the rear prior and 60% after. (Ive rounded to what I can remember)
Old 05-14-2014, 08:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 316 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pittsdriver
I can't stand SC, such a stupid class of ugly, noisy, bouncy trucks, with usually, really stupid drivers.
Hmmmmmmm? Is it lack of life experience and severe ignorance OR too much life experience and severe ignorance that compels you to make such a comment?
Old 05-14-2014, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by micrors4guy
amain has the b5-b5m conversions in. Mine shipped today.
I pre ordered it a couple days after it was on the website and it stil doesn't show available
Old 05-14-2014, 09:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 316 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jcozz
I pre ordered it a couple days after it was on the website and it stil doesn't show available
If you dont need one asap and you have a couple of weeks, you can research the parts on Ebay and buy off the Auction side of things from those who are parting out new kits and put together a conversion for about $60.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Questions?? New RC10 B5

Hi all, I bought a new RC10 B5, what motor a esc would be the best for this buggy? I always use Novak, but I was wondering if there would be a better motor an esc for this buggy Thanks
Old 05-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert421
Hi all, I bought a new RC10 B5, what motor a esc would be the best for this buggy? I always use Novak, but I was wondering if there would be a better motor an esc for this buggy Thanks
i am using a Speedpassion reventon pro 1.1. it fits very good and does everything you will ever need it to do. also the orion r10 and tekin rsx and rs gen 2 are good. speedpassion is alittle on the price friendly side of all the ones i listed. but mainly just get whatever you want. only so much good electronics can do for you
Old 05-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by rigor
Interesting. I thought I was crazy, but I also noticed what I felt was a slight loss in traction after going alum / alum on both rear pieces. I think I might switch back to "stock" rear hubs and keep the alum rear camber ballstud mount, as I haven't had any breakage on the rear hubs at all.

Keep the alloy hubs because they
allow more tunability with the vertical stud .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.