Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

parts are very limited and more coming in.. but yes short supplys.

Most of the non A team guys don't even have a mid motor car yet as associated fills orders for customers first.

and sorry to say most.. not all.. but most of the fast guys race so many different classes and events that they don't do stock.. its fun but kinda viewed as a class to give newcomers and non total factory stars a chance to win a bigger race to get their name out there.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok so I moved my shorty all the way forwrd running 3mm front inserts and 1mm washer instead of 2mm washer on the front shock tower. This should fix my pushing issuee
Old 04-03-2014, 10:58 PM
Tech Addict

just shows there are several ways to tune the car to personal liking...
Old 04-04-2014, 12:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xTotalghost
Ok so I moved my shorty all the way forwrd running 3mm front inserts and 1mm washer instead of 2mm washer on the front shock tower. This should fix my pushing issuee
If that doesn't totally fix it, you could also try unscrewing the front shock ends a turn or two.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey incubus,

I moved from paintball to RC cars couple of years ago to save the body... what team did you play for? I played on the naughty dogs..

I actually owned the team but when I retired I also retired the team.

Rocky
Old 04-04-2014, 04:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Curious, what front tires are you guys running on a clay loom mix?
Old 04-04-2014, 06:31 AM
Tech Champion

xTotalghost.. can you post your complete set up again?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Anyone else figure out how to alter the front axle height seeing how the setup sheet has a spot for it? Move the shoulder bushings to the outside and shim accordingly??
Old 04-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
Anyone else figure out how to alter the front axle height seeing how the setup sheet has a spot for it? Move the shoulder bushings to the outside and shim accordingly??
AE is releasing bushings that will allow you to do this...they just arent out yet. I took the ones on my rear motor and dremeled (took about 5 minutes) 1mm off 2 of them so that I could move the spindle up. I really liked it on my rear and plan on trying it on the mid next time out.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

xghost.. I am not sure the type of track your running on but if you need more steering try the 30 deg caster blocks.. or first try taking the 2mm spacer that's behind the front steering/axel block out and putting it infront of it. this will move the front wheels back 2mm and put more weight over front end giving more steering everywhere.

unless you like the battery all way forward... traction in back still?
Old 04-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Theroc
Hey incubus,

I moved from paintball to RC cars couple of years ago to save the body... what team did you play for? I played on the naughty dogs..

I actually owned the team but when I retired I also retired the team.

Rocky
Rocky holy geez,

I met u and your brother at the 2005 World Cup and then again at the commanders cup the following year. Bob was coaching and I could not get in without my ID and I spoke with you and you got me in at Commanders cup. I designed Bob's manuals, beginning with the Alias!
I played mainly practices with a several teams because although I had the technique I couldn't quite play full matches most of the time. I helped teach guys how to protect lanes, move up, snap shooting and helped devise plays. I scrimmaged with many Florida teams over the years and was eventually asked by Art Mendoza to be Rage's D2 team tech since I was one of the top Timmy techs, but had to turn it down due to a huge work project I'd just accepted. I hung around another few years but ultimately all my guys slowly quit playing and I was left all by my lonesome. Being as my hip was already done I retired from playing altogether, but I still have most of my gear and a third of my guns but have decided to sell most of it. It's too tough to see in my garage and not be able to slide into a damn snake again.

You guys had the most prolific run of team guns in the history of the sport when I met you. You'd just switched over from your cockers to the timmy and then all the other guns followed. It was insane how fast national had you guys switching guns. I don't recall ever seeing an official statement as to why the Dogs disbanded and quit pro paintball, though I'd imagine it'd have to do with the usual... Companies taking advantage.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gticlay
Kinda funny because there's SO many awesome racers that have plenty of their national titles at stock races.
Nothing new, stock had never been a class where you can receive lots of attention if you win.

Win the mod class at Cactus and its a whole different story...
Old 04-04-2014, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

hey there wc still no b 5 yet need my pay frist. how is this car set up for stock class
Old 04-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skinny_j
So has anyone tried to put b4 a arms on the b5 yet? they look identical as far as mounting points go, same length, same shock mounting position, and even the spacing for the hubs and inner hinge pins are the same. Theyre just straight instead of gullwing. The hinge pin diameters might be different, not sure. Yeah the geometry for the straight arms might not be perfect without the tower but I might get you through a race. Im too lazy to tear the front apart and see if it will fit, but I did muster up enough energy to take a comparison pic.
Wow... Too lazy ? It's 4 screws (2 front bumper, 2 front hinge block) plus the small capture screws to hold the hinges in. 90 seconds to find out dude

Since the actual B5 gullwing arms don't have the right geometry for the flat B5 shock tower, and vice versa, I'm guessing the B4 ones aren't going to work out. It might fit and work, but suspension travel will likely suffer. Guess we all won't know because you'd lose 20 seconds of your life to find out! J/K
Old 04-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Someone send me a RIGHT steering block so I can run again! Had way too much fun whipping off a big triple @ OCRC. I'm down for the count until parts float in. All good. I ran a lot (for me) in the past couple weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.