Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

as of late how dare you mention adding weight lol, im jk but alot of peers on here are doing everything in their power to shed weight. Car comes in at roughly 1550 gr. which in my opinion is pretty good. If i need a lil more steering or rear bite i will transfer a weight stack to either fron or rear and it seems to help. I run mod though, stock driver would probably frown on this tuning option.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
as of late how dare you mention adding weight lol, im jk but alot of peers on here are doing everything in their power to shed weight. Car comes in at roughly 1550 gr. which in my opinion is pretty good. If i need a lil more steering or rear bite i will transfer a weight stack to either fron or rear and it seems to help. I run mod though, stock driver would probably frown on this tuning option.
I run mod also. 8.5turn feels great in this car on my track. Still curious about gear diff also. One guy with a Centro runs one and his car is always locked in.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish
I run mod also. 8.5turn feels great in this car on my track. Still curious about gear diff also. One guy with a Centro runs one and his car is always locked in.
Gear diff should only really be needed in 2wd buggy if you're on carpet or super high bite dirt/clay. You can obviously use it on any surface, but that is where it shines and is needed from my understanding.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gticlay
What happened?
Sadly a really simple growth disorder that had me grow too quickly over a 72-hour period and damages a series of microscopic cells known as growth platelets. They receive info and hormones from the brain as to how much to grow and when they are damaged they tell your extremities to grow but not how much. Soft tissues have 10x the nerve endings that bone does which allows bones to grow 10x faster without becoming paralyzed.

Long story short, being a super strong athlete, my soft tissues were strong enough to keep from growing too fast and thus held as my bones began to grow until there was no more room and I felt pain.

Due to the medical insurance field sucking terribly in the 80's, even though the doctors know it would eventually occur on both sides, they could only repair the side that presented with pain. When I finally felt the pain however, we had moved to Florida and had no insurance and all hospitals and doctors literally told us until we received medical insurance we should go fly a kite! By the time my parents got insurance, I was the worst ortho case seen in the US for over 13 years, and when they took my case, the Pakistani SOB elected to do an experimental procedure!

Anyhow, he screwed me up and I have been enduring total replacements every 10-12 years since! Playing D2 paintball and training with a few pro teams for 18 years and playing competitive doubles racquetball just 4 levels below pro for 8 of those years, and I did this:

Hence the repair X-ray from last week.

Ti's why I veered back to RC. A lot less physically demanding.
If I had the money I'd continue kart racing but it's also too physically demanding with the weight of a kart and no male adult parter to go to the track with and hydraulic kart lifts are too expensive for me as well.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lance Tanner
If you go to LiveRC and click 'View Broadcast' like you want to watch a race then select Cactus Classic under Featured Events (it will show as off line). Then click on the Results tab below the chat window and scroll down to race 45 and click on it. Then scroll down slightly and you can watch the replay. The video quality is quite horrible. I'll check with his pops to see if there is a better copy.
Thanks and let us know what you find out.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rigor
Yeah I never grabbed the old Avid slipper setup for my B4.1 (running stock at the time). I was running my B44.2 a lot which had the VTS when it was brand new from AE, and it was way more consistent and easier to set than the old style slipper on on my old B44.1 , so I was happy.

Just bought a bunch of other new goodies for my B5m, so I'll have to yet wait again to try the Schelle slipper setup.
Originally Posted by rigor
Most good indoor clay setups I've seen have been pretty similar, with very slight tweaks in oil / spring / roll centers
http://www.rctech.net/forum/13152007-post3075.html

Seems a lot are gravitating towards 3 x 1.4mm front pistons, and oils are getting lighter. Also the inside rear shock tower hole on the rear seems to be a popular option.
What'd you get? Maybe I'll see you tomorrow and you can tell me.

I'm surprised you never tried Kody's setup with the 1.4x3 pistons.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So has anyone tried to put b4 a arms on the b5 yet? they look identical as far as mounting points go, same length, same shock mounting position, and even the spacing for the hubs and inner hinge pins are the same. Theyre just straight instead of gullwing. The hinge pin diameters might be different, not sure. Yeah the geometry for the straight arms might not be perfect without the tower but I might get you through a race. Im too lazy to tear the front apart and see if it will fit, but I did muster up enough energy to take a comparison pic.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Justinb86
So why don't you see more stock 17.5 set ups on team associated and petit rc? Do they only put winning set ups on there? If so foes this mean not many people are winning big races in the 17.5 class yet
There has never been stock buggy set ups on the AE website. The only post pro driver set-ups and the "high level" pro drivers don't race stock anything. I would assume that you will begin to see a bunch on Petit RC here shortly. I need to check that more often
Old 04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tradin Paint
There has never been stock buggy set ups on the AE website. The only post pro driver set-ups and the "high level" pro drivers don't race stock anything. I would assume that you will begin to see a bunch on Petit RC here shortly. I need to check that more often
last year hartson ran 17.5 at stock nats and a setup was posted, but yeah. That is pretty much the case. Maybe they will run it this year and post a setup, but it could be mm
Old 04-03-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Kinda funny because there's SO many awesome racers that have plenty of their national titles at stock races.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skinny_j
So has anyone tried to put b4 a arms on the b5 yet? they look identical as far as mounting points go, same length, same shock mounting position, and even the spacing for the hubs and inner hinge pins are the same. Theyre just straight instead of gullwing. The hinge pin diameters might be different, not sure. Yeah the geometry for the straight arms might not be perfect without the tower but I might get you through a race. Im too lazy to tear the front apart and see if it will fit, but I did muster up enough energy to take a comparison pic.
drill the b4 arms for 3mm hinge pin and you should be golden. I have the b5 hubs on my b4
Old 04-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Tech Legend

Not sure about using front ballast unless you are using a shorty servo.
With a standard servo like a Xp ?

I'm adding the alloy front arm brace for its extra weight. So I do appreciate where your coming from though.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Only weight I added was 10 grams in the nose, pull the front arm mount and there is plenty of room to stick a weight in the cavity there.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tradin Paint
Stupid and frustrating are the people that keep asking these questions. The parts are out there. Talk to you LHS on how they order before blaming Associated.
The parts AREN'T out there. i have been on back order with A Main, Associated for a while
Old 04-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It works! Of course doing this with b5rm tower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.