Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 03-26-2014, 07:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
If you could make just one car do all the statement would be valid...

but you can't so your both out of luck ..lol
Seriously...STFU!!

You don't run on the type of tracks they are talking about so how in the world could YOU possibly have any CLUE on how a MM car behaves on tracks you don't set foot on??!!! If YOU personally have NOT done it....then STFU and stop spreading USELESS BS on here!! If YOU have not personally done exactly what they are asking about....then DON'T speak on it! Only fools speak on things they have no experience with!!
Old 03-26-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

lol, Several have tried the MM on my local outdoor track and although it can "work", it is a far cry from ideal or easy to drive. When the MM is good, they love it. When traction drops half way into the heat, they are hating their lives. We can litterally go from pulling wheelies to spinning out over a 6 minute heat if its windy. The wind pulls the water right out of the track. From my personal experience, you can make the MM work in more places IF you at least have fairly consistent traction. When you have drastic changes in traction during the race, MM is crap IMO. That has been my experience.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Someone please post some good links for stainless kits ..

Shopping for ...
What is there a weight advantage to stainless when compared to stock screws?
Old 03-26-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbo2cam
Seriously...STFU!!

You don't run on the type of tracks they are talking about so how in the world could YOU possibly have any CLUE on how a MM car behaves on tracks you don't set foot on??!!! If YOU personally have NOT done it....then STFU and stop spreading USELESS BS on here!! If YOU have not personally done exactly what they are asking about....then DON'T speak on it! Only fools speak on things they have no experience with!!
IMO This is also USELESS BS. Seriously
Old 03-26-2014, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SilentHunter
What is there a weight advantage to stainless when compared to stock screws?
Stainless is the same weight as stock screws and more prone to breakage. Stainless is usually softer than regular steel used in screws. (I say "usually" because there are all sorts of hardness ratings for steel)

But it is shiny.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbo2cam
Seriously...STFU!!

There's a few of those on here
Old 03-26-2014, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hate to tell you but I watched Mike Gay destroy everyone all summer long last year with a Centro outside on track that was low bite and sandy. M3 Holeshots front and rear type of track.

It is 100% driver preference. When he got his B5 a few months ago and had to run it here, he was significantly slower than he was with his Centro. As soon as he got his B5M, he was significantly faster than the Centro. And this was on a medium grip surface that is dominated by Rear Motor cars.

Like I said.... it's driver.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Double Dee
IMO This is also USELESS BS. Seriously
Opinions vary.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

What are the best turnbuckles?
Old 03-26-2014, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RazzBarlow7
Stainless is the same weight as stock screws and more prone to breakage. Stainless is usually softer than regular steel used in screws. (I say "usually" because there are all sorts of hardness ratings for steel)

But it is shiny.
I agree. I'll never buy stainless again. They suck
Old 03-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

DISCLAIMER: This is MY opinion and does not reflect the opinion of Team Associated or any of my "teammates".

When it comes screws/fasteners in R/C cars, I rate them in the following order:

#1 Titanium. Nearly as light as aluminum. As strong or stronger than steel. Won't rust like steel. Adds a bit of bling. One caveat: There are some cheap grades of Ti out there to be avoided. Con: Expensive.

#2 Stock fasteners or quality steel. There's a reason steel is still used to hold everything from iPhones to fighter jets together. Con : Heavy, prone to rust

#3 Aluminum. Lightweight. Ideal in low stress locations. Will not rust like steel. Can be anodized to give you some bling factor. Con: Not very strong. Can react to some cleaners. Anodizing fades over time.

#4 Stainless Steel. Shiny. USUALLY doesn't rust like steel. Some grades of stainless can rust. Con: As heavy or heavier than steel. Not as strong as steel.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

IMO, anything other than stock hardware is bling. UNLESS you're an A main caliber driver at the stock Nats. Racing against the top factory drivers.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
hate to tell you but I watched Mike Gay destroy everyone all summer long last year with a Centro outside on track that was low bite and sandy. M3 Holeshots front and rear type of track.

It is 100% driver preference. When he got his B5 a few months ago and had to run it here, he was significantly slower than he was with his Centro. As soon as he got his B5M, he was significantly faster than the Centro. And this was on a medium grip surface that is dominated by Rear Motor cars.

Like I said.... it's driver.
Hey Bob - What type of driver would prefer the MM? I had read a post suggesting that the MM cars (any of them) drive more like a 4wd car than a RM car. I run eBuggy and 4wd 1/10 Buggy too so I wonder if the MM would be a more consistent driving feel for me.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Hey Bob - What type of driver would prefer the MM? I had read a post suggesting that the MM cars (any of them) drive more like a 4wd car than a RM car. I run eBuggy and 4wd 1/10 Buggy too so I wonder if the MM would be a more consistent driving feel for me.
I think or believe if you have a smooth throttle finger,like to roll it through the corners,like a onroad driver mm would be the preferred choice,
Old 03-26-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxracer458
I think or believe if you have a smooth throttle finger,like to roll it through the corners,like a onroad driver mm would be the preferred choice,
Yea that's how I feel like drive the 2wd for sure...not so much the 4wd buggies.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.