Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

got my car built with brent thelke setup, I'm starting with 3mm trailing,i run on indoor wett clay med bite,ions in soft are the tire of choice. what are you guys noticing going from 3mm to 2mm or vice versa?
Old 03-06-2014, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

WARNING . If you get the clamping front axles check the inner bearing seats all the way on.Mine had a ridge and damaged the bearing and is now notchy,This happened during installation, car has not been driven. While at hobby shop exchanging it and buying new bearings another guy there overheard me and said his does the same thing. That is 2 sets that were bad and there is probably more.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

WARNING . If you get the clamping front axles check the inner bearing seats all the way on.Mine had a ridge and damaged the bearing and is now notchy,This happened during installation, car has not been driven. While at hobby shop exchanging it and buying new bearings another guy there overheard me and said his does the same thing. That is 2 sets that were bad and there is probably more.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by mxracer71
got my car built with brent thelke setup, I'm starting with 3mm trailing,i run on indoor wett clay med bite,ions in soft are the tire of choice. what are you guys noticing going from 3mm to 2mm or vice versa?
less trail increases steering responce or faster steering but not really more steering, personally feel car drives more consistent with 4.

smoother and has the same amount of steering.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cautrell05
What are you guys coming up with for a ready to race weight?
Mine came out to 1590g. Beefcake!
Old 03-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by proraptor
Anyone have excessing play between the rear hubs and the rear a arms? I so what are you doing to resolve this?
Stupid question, but did you install part 91414 rear hub spacers as called out in the instructions?

Last edited by Corners; 03-06-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

For a neater wiring job, did anyone consider to route the motor wires under the battery where the sensor wire should go…? Obviously some modding required incl the chassis, and possibly limited to 14G wire… any purists out there?
Old 03-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by predu
The bearings are an issue, clamp or no clamp. I don't think it has anything to do with your install.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BRSracing
The bearings are an issue, clamp or no clamp. I don't think it has anything to do with your install.
it's not the clamp it was a mismachined axle for the clamping hexes, i havent driven the car yet.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
less trail increases steering responce or faster steering but not really more steering, personally feel car drives more consistent with 4.

smoother and has the same amount of steering.
I disagree. The manual states it adds entry steering, and I found that, through back to back testing with my B5, that it, adds steering there AND almost everywhere else, including corner exit and long sweepers.

Wayne
Old 03-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Razathorn
I disagree. The manual states it adds entry steering, and I found that, through back to back testing with my B5, that it, adds steering there AND almost everywhere else, including corner exit and long sweepers.

Wayne
wayne, did you feel like you had to much and it would over rotate the rear end at all?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pittsdriver
I went from 3mm to 2 mmm trailing axles, and did 1mm ackerman and the car has no more push. I previously was running the car at 3mm with 2mm ackerman. We had a couple mid motors last night and although they were driven by way better drivers to begin with, they looked insanely fast. I would pay to see an honest to goodness mid verses rear B5 shootout.
good info right now, i do plan on testing trailing ackerman, when i hit the track, are your running the a hub in the rear? up or down and any washers on the back ball stud?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mxracer71
wayne, did you feel like you had to much and it would over rotate the rear end at all?
It is pretty darn aggressive at 2mm. Serious. Some of us who did this change went back to 4mm. I still have it on my car and am not sure if I'm going to keep it, go to 3, or back to 4. Right now, my car is poop for high traction, but on a drier track with low traction, 2mm felt great.

Honestly, I think it's a "as conditions permit" thing. With traction, it's a hand full. With low traction, it's a God send. It reminded me a lot of caster and ackerman changes, except noticeably more extreme. A 2mm decrease in trailing axle is probably a good 2-3x difference that a 5 degree change in caster would produce. It's a pretty big hammer.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Razathorn
It is pretty darn aggressive at 2mm. Serious. Some of us who did this change went back to 4mm. I still have it on my car and am not sure if I'm going to keep it, go to 3, or back to 4. Right now, my car is poop for high traction, but on a drier track with low traction, 2mm felt great.

Honestly, I think it's a "as conditions permit" thing. With traction, it's a hand full. With low traction, it's a God send. It reminded me a lot of caster and ackerman changes, except noticeably more extreme. A 2mm decrease in trailing axle is probably a good 2-3x difference that a 5 degree change in caster would produce. It's a pretty big hammer.
awesome,thanks for the insight,tracks here in so cal are normally really good in traction and smoothness,we have two large indoor tracks and ocrc which is high bite and where they ran the reedy race,so racing is good here in so cal
Old 03-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey guys, now that some guys have had their b5m, what have been the thoughts on b5m vs c4.2, i have a decked out c4.2 and its great but i also have the chance to buy a b5m... or b5 tonight... in winter i run on indoor carpet and in the summer we will be running on a clay track outside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.