R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 07-27-2015, 10:10 PM   #14761
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy699 View Post
In the B5M lite has the rubber sealed bearings but the rubber is only one one side. So it would be better to replace these with just the metal shielded ones? I was going to order the ceramic ones for the transmission soon.
It's totally up to you.

The rubber seal protects a tiny bit better from dirt, but causes a little more parasitic drag. The all metal shielded bearings spin more freely, but let in a little more dirt. So the metal shielded bearings need to be cleaned more often, or replaced more often.

I run all metal shielded, and replace more often. YMMV
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:12 PM   #14762
JDe
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just flick the rubber seals out of the on sided bearings, have the open side facing inward away from dirt. Easy to clean, roll for days and just stay on top of them to make sure they are rolling ok.

Edit: Why wont someone make labyrinth seals on Rc Car bearings already!?
Old 07-27-2015, 10:13 PM   #14763
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)

The bearings in your Lite are fine. Don't bother. 99% of racers wouldn't benefit from replacing the FT bearings. That's my slow expert/good sportsman opinion. Like I said a couple of posts ago, the Lite is ready to rumble out of the box. In all reality you shouldn't need anything more than some skills and a good set up to win some races
Old 07-27-2015, 10:18 PM   #14764
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Thanks guys I was just curious about that. I always thought the rubber ones were way better and didn't realize they caused a little bit of drag. Learn something new everyday!
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 04:04 AM   #14765
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default B5m

Looking for good infinity chassis setup high bite clay. Mip bone part number for the +4 c mount. Since pucks wont for. Thanks.
c123097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:08 PM   #14766
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Painted the b5m lite kit body for myself. Been seeing a lot of people switching to this body. Is it really better than the other bodies on the market, or is it just a fad? lol

Old 07-28-2015, 11:11 PM   #14767
Tech Elite

Wow that looks killer man! May have to have you paint bodies for me! LOL!!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:24 PM   #14768
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy699 View Post
Wow that looks killer man! May have to have you paint bodies for me! LOL!!
lol thanks man
Old 07-28-2015, 11:41 PM   #14769
Tech Elite

I will be doing my b5m's maiden voyage tomorrow. Going to see how she does on the track box stock first. I am taking 3 cars but my b5m will get the most love!
Old 07-29-2015, 05:43 AM   #14770
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbtaco View Post
Painted the b5m lite kit body for myself. Been seeing a lot of people switching to this body. Is it really better than the other bodies on the market, or is it just a fad? lol

Nice paint work! So you painted both this one and the JConcepts one you had on Pg 982?

I don't like the stock body on the B5M, mainly the looks. Maybe one of the guys more experienced can comment on the designs and how they work differently. But I am planning to order the Sweep Muzzle body below. I like the aggressive look and it claims to help with the following as I may need all the help in outdoor racing I can with the Factory Lite:

"Rear vertical fin to keep the machine stable around corners, while the aggressive front windshield keeping your steering input legit."

My Outdated R/C Car collection:
Associated B44, Associated NTC3, Tamiya TRF415, TRF415 MSX MRE, TRF416X
190mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:04 AM   #14771
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbtaco View Post

I really like the way my car feels with the stock body. Seems to have the perfect amount of rear traction and steering. The Finisher frees up the rear a little bit and gives a little more steering. The Silencer has a little more traction than the finisher but I think a little less than the stock body.

Proud To Represent: Fantom Racing - Schelle Racing - FastTraxx Hobbies
dbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:12 AM   #14772
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190mph View Post
Nice paint work! So you painted both this one and the JConcepts one you had on Pg 982?

I don't like the stock body on the B5M, mainly the looks. Maybe one of the guys more experienced can comment on the designs and how they work differently. But I am planning to order the Sweep Muzzle body below. I like the aggressive look and it claims to help with the following as I may need all the help in outdoor racing I can with the Factory Lite:

"Rear vertical fin to keep the machine stable around corners, while the aggressive front windshield keeping your steering input legit."

Thank you! Yeah I painted both bodies. Most of the time all people say is "it feels better" lol im not really a fan of the sweep body though. I wasn't a fan of the kit body either but it's starting to grow on me. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowen View Post
I really like the way my car feels with the stock body. Seems to have the perfect amount of rear traction and steering. The Finisher frees up the rear a little bit and gives a little more steering. The Silencer has a little more traction than the finisher but I think a little less than the stock body.
This is the first time anyone has any type of explanation when I ask lol. I'll just have to give it a shot i guess and see what I notice.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #14773
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 478 (100%+)

I have at least 1 of all the popular bodies and I can't really tell the difference. A wing makes a big difference though. That I can attest to. Right now I think that I have a sweep body, ftw, bulldog, finnisher, and proline of some type with my paint scheme. The bodies really don't seem to feel any different but when my wing is thrashed I can feel it. I use the thick Proline wings and the JConcepts...or what ever I have. Anyway, once again, I honestly can't tell the difference between bodies in terms of how the car feels. The way you cut your wing, the condition of it, and the actual shape can affect the way your car feels.

Last edited by QDRHRSE; 07-29-2015 at 09:03 AM.
QDRHRSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:10 AM   #14774
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Sweep body reminds me of the 22 body but the back is nice too. The finnisher is boring in the back. Never really liked the Pro Line body at all. The stock body is a use not waste deal for me. I like the Sweep one.
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:12 AM   #14775
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190mph View Post

I have run the finisher and the muzzle on my MM. The muzzle is a all around more stable body. On carpet i was .3 faster on my fast lap and my average lap was .2 faster over the finisher.

The finisher seemed to have free feeling to the rear end.

overall i was faster and more consistant with the muzzle.