Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 10:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
Michael was leading on the last lap of A2 when Spencer ran over him at the end of the straight and got the better of the tangle to take the win. If Rivkin was a clean driver it would have at least gone to A3.
That's a pretty bold claim there. I think Rivkin has gotten as far as he has without needing to be a dirty driver. Sounds like if Michael can't pull away, and leaves the door open, the better driver is going to move the slower one. The term I like to use is, "BOHICA". Feel free to google that.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
That's a pretty bold claim there. I think Rivkin has gotten as far as he has without needing to be a dirty driver. Sounds like if Michael can't pull away, and leaves the door open, the better driver is going to move the slower one. The term I like to use is, "BOHICA". Feel free to google that.
Bold claim and I stand behind it 100%. I was 10' from the corner. Michael was hounding Rivkin the whole race, Spencer bobbled, Michael gets by, and gets run into at the end of the straight and Rivkin takes off.
Old 07-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hey guys I just bought a B5M FL and wanted to find out if the new Kashima shock bodies are worth the price. I figured if they are I might as well get them now before I hit the track with it.

I have been slowly reading this thread but dang almost 1k pages is a lot of info!
Old 07-17-2015, 10:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

The car has proven itself in box stock form.. just like all for the most part...

BUT.. what's the fun in that? LOL.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
The car has proven itself in box stock form.. just like all for the most part...

BUT.. what's the fun in that? LOL.
exactly If the wallet (and wifey) permits, there's nothing wrong with a little bling!
Old 07-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey all, I have been thinking of picking up a B5M, and normally I am the kind that is going to look for the good deal on a used purchase but the used ones that I see for sale are running as much if not more than I can pick up a new light version for brand new i understand that there are upgrades on these cars but still the prices seem high for a used car. I am thinking there is little to do on the B5M light out of the box it is great for 17.5 but am i better off one way or another.

thanks for the input.
and the new one i am pondering is at Amain comes with a slingshot 17.5 for free so that would be a bonus as well
Old 07-17-2015, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Very true! My wife surprised me with the car as a early bday present and I am stoked to get it on the track asap. I was just wondering if I should do them now but if it can wait thats cool to. I need newer electrics for it the most!

I did notice when I put the car together that the ball cups were really tight and then searched this thread about it and then pinched them while on the stud and it worked! Glad I read here first before posting lol!
Old 07-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jslider
Hey all, I have been thinking of picking up a B5M, and normally I am the kind that is going to look for the good deal on a used purchase but the used ones that I see for sale are running as much if not more than I can pick up a new light version for brand new i understand that there are upgrades on these cars but still the prices seem high for a used car. I am thinking there is little to do on the B5M light out of the box it is great for 17.5 but am i better off one way or another.

thanks for the input.
and the new one i am pondering is at Amain comes with a slingshot 17.5 for free so that would be a bonus as well
The B5m light is awesome right out of the box. I can't think of anything the car HAS to have to be competitive on the track. It's ready to go right out of the box.

Having said that, my B5m is anything BUT stock!
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-b5m.jpg  
Old 07-17-2015, 02:10 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jslider

thanks for the input.
The B5M lite out of the box is perfect for 17.5. The build is easy, just recommend taking your time and making sure everything is free and smooth.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So is the lite going to be a good candidate for going into mod class as well, not that I ever plan to have the talent to control mod but,,, you know, just saying -- maybe
Old 07-17-2015, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
The B5m light is awesome right out of the box. I can't think of anything the car HAS to have to be competitive on the track. It's ready to go right out of the box.

Having said that, my B5m is anything BUT stock!
very nice build brandon! are you using an eliminator and screwing on from behind so you can use locknuts to hold spur down? if so, very nice and crafty. might have to do that too if screwhead doesnt rub the motorplate on the kyosho
Old 07-17-2015, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Whats the purpose of the slipper eliminator? I have seen that a bit and wonder what the benefits of it are
Old 07-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone else having this same issue...?

I have a Schelle carbon battery strap, and once in a while during a race it will come unhinged at the waterfall. I shove the strap all the way in and screw it down pretty tight but the same thing will happen.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by glenng
very nice build brandon! are you using an eliminator and screwing on from behind so you can use locknuts to hold spur down? if so, very nice and crafty. might have to do that too if screwhead doesnt rub the motorplate on the kyosho
The reason I am using the 3 screws + lock nuts, is because that particular exotek eliminator came with the threads missing from the piece (manufacturing defect). I used counter sunk screws from the rear, and they clear the motor plate just fine.... then lock down from the front.

And thanks! It sure looks good on the table. Lets see how the carbon car drives this weekend.

Originally Posted by carcrazy699
Whats the purpose of the slipper eliminator? I have seen that a bit and wonder what the benefits of it are
Less rotational mass

Originally Posted by 16right
Anyone else having this same issue...?

I have a Schelle carbon battery strap, and once in a while during a race it will come unhinged at the waterfall. I shove the strap all the way in and screw it down pretty tight but the same thing will happen.
Thanks
I have been running the schelle strap in my T5m for a couple months... never seen this happen. My current B5m build is running one now, with the carbon chassis.... and if any car is going to be prone to this problem, it will be mine. I will let you know if I see any issues.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:42 PM
Tee
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
The reason I am using the 3 screws + lock nuts, is because that particular exotek eliminator came with the threads missing from the piece (manufacturing defect). I used counter sunk screws from the rear, and they clear the motor plate just fine.... then lock down from the front.

And thanks! It sure looks good on the table. Lets see how the carbon car drives this weekend.

Less rotational mass

I have been running the schelle strap in my T5m for a couple months... never seen this happen. My current B5m build is running one now, with the carbon chassis.... and if any car is going to be prone to this problem, it will be mine. I will let you know if I see any issues.
It seems pointless that the screw(s) on the battery strap extend beyond the nuts, since they don't touch the battery pack. Just saying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.