R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 07-13-2015, 04:07 PM   #14476
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 190mph View Post
I am having same problems as bigcracing. I decided to just drive as best I can in 2 outdoor offroad races on hard packed tracks with clay content that dust up as it dries and heats are run on them. I used mainly Blockades M3 for the rear and 4 Rib M3 on the front.

My Factory Lite buggy is stock kit build and the settings with the white spring all around. I run a 13.5 motor, Reedy Brick Square 5200 pack.

So before some major setting changes any suggestions? Just fishtailing so easily for on power steering out of the corner. Many give up and buy the Rear B5 version as well.

Perhaps shorty pack as I have the factory RC carbon strap and shove the battery back, I can even install a Low Profile servo to lighten up the front end. Hell even if one of these companies made a Nylon plastic wing like 1/8 buggies have to put more weight on the back.

What other settings as it will take a serious shift to shave 1.5 to 2 seconds off my 23 second lap times to compete with the top of the B and A guys. I am driving nearly that clean in terms of navigating the track.
Many people like the brass C and D mounts to help with forward bite
RobsRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:44 PM   #14477
RCW
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
I wondered about that too at a time building the Factory Lite. But I used Clear Packaging tape and applied it 3 wide and trimmed with X-Acto knife. Worked pretty good on an indoor track and then 2 outdoor races it it peeling back and probably not protecting that well as it is being torn out in strips.

I am sure the JConcepts or Associated or other brand material works great, but what you really do to access screws on the bottom of chassis?
I have been using the JCon. I have peeled back the rear part several times in order to make adjustments, and it still sticks.
RCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:25 PM   #14478
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Does 3921 fit?

Hi

I have bought 3921 Associated 48P \ 69T Spur (for Tc6.1) by mistake will this fir the B5M?

Thanks in advance
BB
Old 07-13-2015, 07:06 PM   #14479
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Hi

I have bought 3921 Associated 48P \ 69T Spur (for Tc6.1) by mistake will this fir the B5M?

Thanks in advance
BB
Unless you have a slipper eliminator on your car, then no.
Mantis Toboggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:35 PM   #14480
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
Unless you have a slipper eliminator on your car, then no.
Thank you for your quick response
Old 07-13-2015, 07:55 PM   #14481
Tech Elite

Quote:
I am having same problems as bigcracing. I decided to just drive as best I can in 2 outdoor offroad races on hard packed tracks with clay content that dust up as it dries and heats are run on them. I used mainly Blockades M3 for the rear and 4 Rib M3 on the front.

My Factory Lite buggy is stock kit build and the settings with the white spring all around. I run a 13.5 motor, Reedy Brick Square 5200 pack.

So before some major setting changes any suggestions? Just fishtailing so easily for on power steering out of the corner. Many give up and buy the Rear B5 version as well.

Perhaps shorty pack as I have the factory RC carbon strap and shove the battery back, I can even install a Low Profile servo to lighten up the front end. Hell even if one of these companies made a Nylon plastic wing like 1/8 buggies have to put more weight on the back.

What other settings as it will take a serious shift to shave 1.5 to 2 seconds off my 23 second lap times to compete with the top of the B and A guys. I am driving nearly that clean in terms of navigating the track.
the stock FL setup is for a track with more traction. You may try dropping a spring rate in the rear. Double check your toe. If you have the hubs on backwards it takes toe out.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:17 PM   #14482
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcracing View Post
I got the new B5M and carbon chassis I am fighting to get more rear bite. I have red front springs and 1.6 piston and 35 fluid. The rear green springs and 1.7 Pistons 30 fluid. Tires are dirt web gold for clay track med grip.
Any suggestions?
Quote:
As Ive posted here before, we run on tracks that vary form low to med traction (usually varying between the two on the same day) and we have found the B5M to be fast in all conditions. It needs a little setup work when the traction is lower, but I still find it as fast as my rear motor car when its slippery and faster when the grip comes up.

You will need to move some weight to the back for lower grip tracks. B5R rear arms shorten the wheelbase a few mm & run the rear hubs in the short wheelbase position. If you are running min weight (shorty pack & carbon chassis) move the ESC rearwards to touch the battery and run the battery at full back position. A low profile servo helps as well.

Installing the rear Brass suspension holders (C & D) will give a lot more forward bite. I run Brass C most of the time on dirt unless it has been sugared.

Bigcracing, the red front spring is VERY stiff and will cause an imbalance in handling (mid corner understeer which can cause exit oversteer). I usually run the same spring colour front and rear (sometimes 1 stiffer on the front).

Ive put together a setup guide for the B5M on outdoors / lower traction tracks based on our findings here in Australia. hope this helps.

Ask Ray Munday - JConcepts, Reedy, Associated Aussie Support Thread
(see the pdf)

Ray
KO Propo EX-1 KIY_____www.keilorrc.com.au
Check out my help thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/10587838-post1.html
ray_munday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #14483
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What kind of options are most people running for Mod now? Is the lite chassis a good idea or does it feel funky with more power?
Old 07-14-2015, 06:48 AM   #14484
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron33 View Post
What chassis protectors do you guys use are there any that you can reuse after you peel it?
Epic 1 chassis armor is a great product. It is completely reusable and can be applied over and over again to get access to the chassis screws when you need to.

It is also easy to trim with a sharp x-acto blade so you can replace sections that may get damaged or worn out (i.e. the tail area) with scrap pieces.

You can get it here and there are also some instructional videos to help with the application:

Epic 1 Chassis Armor
motorcitymatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:54 AM   #14485
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I'm at my end

Have done all I know to try and plant my ass end under power to no results tried a lot of you guys advice. Running B5R rear arms moved all the way forward +3 anti squat hell I've even slapped a huge fishing weight on the back still ice skates under power
Mac126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #14486
Tech Adept

Default I'm at my end

Any one got a good sc4x4 or 4wd buggy to trade lol! This cars like a woman pretty to look at but such a handful to get like you want it
Old 07-14-2015, 09:05 AM   #14487
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac126 View Post
Have done all I know to try and plant my ass end under power to no results tried a lot of you guys advice. Running B5R rear arms moved all the way forward +3 anti squat hell I've even slapped a huge fishing weight on the back still ice skates under power
3 deg squat would be bad....I hope you meant toe. you want 1 deg squat.

you either have the wrong tires or too much motor.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:38 AM   #14488
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac126 View Post

B5M lite or regular?

What weight is the car?

What setup? ( I mean FULL setup sheet)

What shock O rings?

What shock length?

What front trail?

What motor/esc/battery?

What type of surface?

What chassis?

What tire and insert are you using?

Are your turn buckles binding?

Which C and D mount are you using?
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:06 AM   #14489
Tech Adept

Default I'm at my end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
B5M lite or regular?

What weight is the car?

What setup? ( I mean FULL setup sheet)

What shock O rings?

What shock length?

What front trail?

What motor/esc/battery?

What type of surface?

What chassis?

What tire and insert are you using?

Are your turn buckles binding?

Which C and D mount are you using?
Aluminum CandD mount suspension free Xring shocks about 5 diff sets of tires all soft or super soft bar codes goosebumps chain link hole shots plus few more stock 5m chasis cars fat girl saddle oak thunderpower 5600 65c motor is too much 7.5 d3.5 but EPA turned down to 85% it's red clay medium to loose that's just off head
Old 07-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #14490
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey would someone be able to take a picture of the rear arms for the b5m lite installed I think I received the incorrect arms with my kit and just wanted to double check before I get some more. The markings for Left and Right are reversed on the arms I received and it also look like it is giving me a ton of toe in.
Willie Mann is offline   Reply With Quote