R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes

Old 03-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #1426
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 216 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
The wire is in the way. I am not thrilled with how the wire hits it but i don't think it can really damage it since it isn't like it will be moving.
Can you post a picture of the contact?
Old 03-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #1427
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

The b4 shocks have nothing on the new shocks. I dont think I have seen cav or anyone else use the gold shafts in their new shocks. The explained why the gold shafts were not better. The changed the shock bodies to tighten the tolerances in the section with the orings. And personally, I see no issue with the plastic shock caps.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #1428
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow. So many people bitching about the chance at getting one. Let's talk about the build and any hints to make the car better.
Home Track: CGRC, Cottage Grove, Oregon
tschulz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #1429
Tech Addict

Here is my input on the build. I have replaced the rear hub ball stud with a 10mm long ball stud. That way I could put a nyloc nut to jam against the blue alum plate. No loctite then and makes for adjustments without loctite drying time.

2nd I have noticed on my b5r that has about 5 race days on it that the inserts on the front spindles have sloped out a little. Has anyone had this happen. I just ordered 2 extra sets of spindles and I will glue the inserts in. Just need to change them out when tunning.

I will post pictures of the Lunsford front axels in a few days. They should be available on his site.
Home Track: CGRC, Cottage Grove, Oregon
tschulz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #1430
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Lunsford B5 axles

I got my Lunsford axles today. They look great and save 4 grams over the stock axles. I will try to post comparison weight to clamping hexes later.
I hope to have them on later this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-b5-axle.jpg  
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #1431
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschulz3 View Post
Wow. So many people bitching about the chance at getting one. Let's talk about the build and any hints to make the car better.
Or maybe we could talk about everyone that was going to wait for the "FT" version to come out!!!!
Bcholka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #1432
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
I got my Lunsford axles today. They look great and save 4 grams over the stock axles. I will try to post comparison weight to clamping hexes later.
I hope to have them on later this week.
Those look DIALED!!!!!
Bcholka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #1433
Tech Adept

Got mine today build tonight and tommorow and JBRL round 1 on Saturday!!
Bkautz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #1434
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
Shorty's lighter weight helps improve forward traction.

Ordering a shorty myself for my car.
Nice! I was hoping to not have an urge to buy new saddles or a square. I already have 2 short packs
Old 03-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #1435
Tech Master

Did anyone have play/slop on the rear arms on the inner hinge pins ? So far I've built everything on my B5m except the shocks, and this is the only spot on the car that doesn't feel flush/tight. It feels exactly like my B4 did. You can move the rear arms forward/back easily a few mm. When inspecting the area, I don't see any way I could have assembled wrong or not pushed a piece in all the way. The rear hinge pin brace has to be pushed in far enough for the bottom chassis screws to line up and screw into the rear shock tower. With the fit and finish on the rest of the kit, it just doesn't feel or seem right. One side seems to have more movement than the other as well.

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 03-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #1436
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Jesse - The rear motor car had a little bit of front/back play at the inner rear arms as well. Most just threw in a small shim to tighten it up a hair.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:20 PM   #1437
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
Jesse - The rear motor car had a little bit of front/back play at the inner rear arms as well. Most just threw in a small shim to tighten it up a hair.
Thanks Matt, didn't know that.

Bummer... it's the only spot on the car that is like that.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #1438
Tech Addict

the 5m shocks are great.. the coating is nice but not needed.

somebody posted shorty packs = more forward traction... ummmm noooooo...
shorty packs offer tuning options for weight displacement of the battery.

This buggy is really good.. but tuning options will depend on various driving styles and items used in the car.. someone who has a shorty servo may not have the same tune as someone running a full size dig. servo.

for stock I like shorty packs.. for mod I like the squares.. my setup is very neutral with lots of steering and traction.. jumps amazing. the key to setups is finding something that makes you faster by making your car easier to drive consistent as well as fast.
rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #1439
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
Did anyone have play/slop on the rear arms on the inner hinge pins ? So far I've built everything on my B5m except the shocks, and this is the only spot on the car that doesn't feel flush/tight. It feels exactly like my B4 did. You can move the rear arms forward/back easily a few mm. When inspecting the area, I don't see any way I could have assembled wrong or not pushed a piece in all the way. The rear hinge pin brace has to be pushed in far enough for the bottom chassis screws to line up and screw into the rear shock tower. With the fit and finish on the rest of the kit, it just doesn't feel or seem right. One side seems to have more movement than the other as well.

Thanks,
Jesse
Mine has a ton of slop, prob like 2mil on one side and 3 on the other way worse than my b5rm. Other than that the c ar was pretty good. If anyone cares I did race it on carpet. Stock setup was pretty good. Then went to heavier springs. Got better, but a little edgy. Prob needed a little heavier oil. Another thing I noticed was your motor wires have to be as out of the way as you can get them or your body dont fit good
nazman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #1440
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradin Paint View Post
I heard there is a way to dremel the case and have it come out the bottom. I am going to look into that tomorrow and will post if I can figure that out
I removed the bottom cover and cut out a small notch so the wire and grommet would flip to the bottom of the servo and then was able to add the mounts and get the servo mounted. It is not "sealed" anymore but should not be an issue with the indoor tracks(s) i will be running on.

Was a pretty simple fix
Ryan H.
Tradin Paint is offline   Reply With Quote