R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 05-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #13456
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonBreh View Post
Chassis is milled, 3 gear trans, Aluminum top shaft, aluminum ballstud mount, aluminum wheel hexes, aluminum lightweight front axles, titanium turnbuckles, milled motor plate,upgraded bearings.

Doesn't come with rims tho

I think i got it all...
Thank you...I was questioning, I thought earlier someone said teh lite comes with the b5r arms & towers.

I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the cost to get the lite for 17.5, and make my current one a mod buggy, or just stick with my current one for 17.5, and do the little upgrades that it's missing. (3 gear, top shaft, front axles, motor plate, and either lite chassis, or xfactory chassis) I already have the rest on it, and coming in at 1517g's rtr with shorty pack.

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:54 AM   #13457
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If you already have most the stuff why get it unless your car is older and you just want new plastic. The lite is good, but I'm sure the b5M is just as good. My stock lite car weighs in at 1550 with all the goodies. (aside from pucks and lite pack)
3srcracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:06 PM   #13458
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlight View Post
Thank you...I was questioning, I thought earlier someone said teh lite comes with the b5r arms & towers.

I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the cost to get the lite for 17.5, and make my current one a mod buggy, or just stick with my current one for 17.5, and do the little upgrades that it's missing. (3 gear, top shaft, front axles, motor plate, and either lite chassis, or xfactory chassis) I already have the rest on it, and coming in at 1517g's rtr with shorty pack.
The b5m lite does come with the b5 rear arms and tower and flat front arms,along with items mentioned earlier.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:19 PM   #13459
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWIDAD View Post
The b5m lite does come with the b5 rear arms and tower and flat front arms,along with items mentioned earlier.
Thank you, that is stuff I do not have....I'll have to see if anyone has the b5 arms & stuff and try their car out, just to see what is different about the handling.

Sponsors: Fiercercsolutions.com, AKA, jtbearingco.com, CowRC, Walden Designs, Leadfinger Racing, And BoomRC.net
ezlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:03 PM   #13460

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I thought the rear motor front arms and tower made the steering feel more linear throughout the corner. My son actually preferred the mid motor arms and tower. I agree, you need to try it yourself to see what you think.
bds81175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:12 PM   #13461
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Which wing holes does everyone run? The forward or back positions?
Hooplah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:28 PM   #13462
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooplah View Post
Which wing holes does everyone run? The forward or back positions?
Try both! Or do what I did, cut the nubs off the wing mount, drill down through, and use a screw with a large, flat head to clamp the wing down. Then you're free to make a slot in the wing and have full adjustability
Thomas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:01 AM   #13463
RCW
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sorry if it's already been said, but the setup sheets from the stock Nats are posted on AE's site.
RCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #13464
Tech Initiate

Hey guys

which updates would you suggest to buy first ? I am totally unsure what is really needed and a good choice and whats just for the bling bling effect.
Ice22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #13465
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

MIP Pucks and or Schelle Clutch
DustinEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #13466
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 483 (100%+)

We officially started sugared track season. I found out the light weight car I built before I bought my Lite is lighter than my Lite. Its 1425 grams with a 3250 pack.....and with an Orion 4500 pack its 1470. If I want to run in the JBRL I will have to add some weight.

When I built my Lite I tried a bunch of new stuff. 1) Imbue brass shock pistons. I give those a fail. I can't quite explain why, but they make the car feel weird...maybe too much pack even when I lighten up the oil. 2) Proline VTRs.....also a fail. The rears are starting to tear. They don't last long and its not because the tread wears out, rather, its because the sidewall is coming apart. 3) I bought a Hobbywing Bandit 17.5 non ROAR legal stock motor. I give the motor a big thumbs up. There is no faster 17.5. Its just plain wrong. If your track has loose rules its the way to go. It is a torque monster and feels like a stout 13.5. I have it geared 35/69 and I just ordered a 36 pinion. I might even try 36/66. The magnets are so strong that you can barely turn the motor over by hand. If you're going to run a cheater motor these are half the price of a certified big blue. Mine hasn't got over 140 and Hobbywing says they are rated to a conservative 212.

Last, I have a question. I'm running white/white springs with b5 arms fr/rr and it seems like I could use just a hair more steering. I'm runnning pretty much the [Lite] box setup down to the oil. Since the track is sugared, traction is as good as it gets. Anybody run green springs up front? For my RB6 I'd stiffen the rear first but I know the b5m is definitely different in that respect. I also tried to run a heavier lipo and that didn't change the cars feel much so I'm out of ideas.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #13467
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the greaser View Post
Hey guys I just wanted to let everyone oh here know about a new company making custom Diff parts for the B5 series. Check them out at www.slickdiffz.com
*added to the front page.

Bfast, TKO, and now this company. Schelle? Exotek? Who's next?
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:32 AM   #13468
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post
We officially started sugared track season. I found out the light weight car I built before I bought my Lite is lighter than my Lite. Its 1425 grams with a 3250 pack.....and with an Orion 4500 pack its 1470. If I want to run in the JBRL I will have to add some weight.

When I built my Lite I tried a bunch of new stuff. 1) Imbue brass shock pistons. I give those a fail. I can't quite explain why, but they make the car feel weird...maybe too much pack even when I lighten up the oil. 2) Proline VTRs.....also a fail. The rears are starting to tear. They don't last long and its not because the tread wears out, rather, its because the sidewall is coming apart. 3) I bought a Hobbywing Bandit 17.5 non ROAR legal stock motor. I give the motor a big thumbs up. There is no faster 17.5. Its just plain wrong. If your track has loose rules its the way to go. It is a torque monster and feels like a stout 13.5. I have it geared 35/69 and I just ordered a 36 pinion. I might even try 36/66. The magnets are so strong that you can barely turn the motor over by hand. If you're going to run a cheater motor these are half the price of a certified big blue. Mine hasn't got over 140 and Hobbywing says they are rated to a conservative 212.

Last, I have a question. I'm running white/white springs with b5 arms fr/rr and it seems like I could use just a hair more steering. I'm runnning pretty much the [Lite] box setup down to the oil. Since the track is sugared, traction is as good as it gets. Anybody run green springs up front? For my RB6 I'd stiffen the rear first but I know the b5m is definitely different in that respect. I also tried to run a heavier lipo and that didn't change the cars feel much so I'm out of ideas.
30* block
DustinEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #13469
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 163 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QDRHRSE View Post

I could be wrong but it looks like Cav is running a green front spring
Attached Thumbnails
Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-image.jpg  
pink_sleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:28 PM   #13470
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anybody having problems with a shock sitting on the mount? I have the aluminum mounts and there is a ton of play between the shock and the mount.
BrandonBreh is offline   Reply With Quote