Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gentlemen/ladies, I need some help.

I am new to the racing side of RC. I recently went to my local outdoor track to break in my B5M. I have everything set to factory settings and am using a tekin rs gen2 10.5 turn with tekin gen2 esc. I'm using gold dirt webs. The track was a tad dusty, but not terrible. It looked like a 4wd kind of day but the car was absolutely awful. Constantly spinning the tires and while spinning the car always pulled to one side or the other. Is that a slipper adjustment that needs to be made? Diff adjustment? Should I run softer springs than stock? I'm just lost. I'm sure the car will be fun indoors this winter but I'd like to enjoy it before then.

I also had my SC10 out and while it was tough to drive as well, it had alot more traction than the buggy. I know I'm a terrible driver right now, but I know someone can help me make it a little better.

Help a newbie out, please? I'd really appreciate it. Everything I read from you guys is more centered towards front end handling, doesn't seem like many of you are struggling with rear end traction.

Thanks guys/gals!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Using 2.7 oz extra weight under the short pack,not just for traction.
Also for a lower CG which helps smooth out the car on higher traction conditions.
2.7 oz thats alot of weight.....a new bottle of shock oil is 2 oz....my track has alot of traction so I might give it a try.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
Well raced my 13.5 in modified to see what I could do. Started 4th and finished 4th.

Anyone know that Dustin Evans guy? He's fast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpcN...dLpALT3G_WEgOA
Yeah that Dustin Evans guys is pretty fast...
Old 08-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Wrong thread, oops. This is mid-motor!

Last edited by Buggy Buddy; 08-23-2014 at 12:27 AM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 08-18-2014, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by TOO-TALL
2.7 oz thats alot of weight.....a new bottle of shock oil is 2 oz....my track has alot of traction so I might give it a try.
hah
Old 08-18-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Legend

a saddle weights 2 oz more then a short pack.
Not so much weight really .
The point is its all slamed way low improving the CG for smoother handling on high traction.

On loose track the weight helps improve grip

Works, just try ...

Can trim a little and use less weight , don't recommend it however.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

shock oil is a measure of volume, not physical weight. I understand what you mean but its 2 different measurements. 2.7 oz is only roughly 76 gr. its still alot if your running stock and trying to keep that baby on a diet.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I got my Protek Ti screws. I have not tried every brand screw, nor the lunsfords, but the protek ones were heads and shoulders above the tlr 22 screw kits tlr had. They have a more silver finish too. I replace the steel screws, so all of my holes were pre tapped. The only thing is.... they included all of the under the chassis screws and screws for the shock standoffs and arm mounts. I am, not use I want to use TI on the shocks , the transmission screws and the bumper screws. Anyway, if your looking for Ti screws for your car, the protek ones seem solid
Old 08-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I got my Protek Ti screws. I have not tried every brand screw, nor the lunsfords, but the protek ones were heads and shoulders above the tlr 22 screw kits tlr had. They have a more silver finish too. I replace the steel screws, so all of my holes were pre tapped. The only thing is.... they included all of the under the chassis screws and screws for the shock standoffs and arm mounts. I am, not use I want to use TI on the shocks , the transmission screws and the bumper screws. Anyway, if your looking for Ti screws for your car, the protek ones seem solid
Old 08-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by blingy
WC you missed the point of the question
sorry bout that & missing your post here also.

I checked today the differences in the up travel .

The rear tower has about 3mm
The mid tower has less then 1mm but can still bottom out front of chassis.

Can say my ride landings off of the jumps was not changed or effected .
Handling and steering gain a huge improvement.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryan432greening

I am new to the racing side of RC. I recently went to my local outdoor track to break in my B5M. I have everything set to factory settings and am using a tekin rs gen2 10.5 turn with tekin gen2 esc. I'm using gold dirt webs. The track was a tad dusty, but not terrible. It looked like a 4wd kind of day but the car was absolutely awful. Constantly spinning the tires and while spinning the car always pulled to one side or the other. Is that a slipper adjustment that needs to be made? Diff adjustment? Should I run softer springs than stock? I'm just lost. I'm sure the car will be fun indoors this winter but I'd like to enjoy it before then.

I also had my SC10 out and while it was tough to drive as well, it had alot more traction than the buggy. I know I'm a terrible driver right now, but I know someone can help me make it a little better.

Help a newbie out, please? I'd really appreciate it. Everything I read from you guys is more centered towards front end handling, doesn't seem like many of you are struggling with rear end traction.

Thanks guys/gals!
Sounds like u may be on the wrong tires. And u may have a loose diff along with some tight suspension components. Best bet is to talk to one of the regulars and get them to look over your buggy and give u some pointers. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryan432greening

Thanks guys/gals!
I don't have the B5m yet (tomorrow hopefully) but what Lipo are you using ?
On loose track you may want saddles or the shorty fully at the back to gain weight at this end. That's an easy setup change. What ride height are you using ?

Jonathan
Old 08-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thnx WC that is what I was looking for
Old 08-19-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by blingy
Thnx WC that is what I was looking for
The set up with the flat arm & mid tower has to be one of the best improvements thus far.

1st mid tower & flat arm
2nd adding weight under short pack

All included with the Tacompton .2 set up.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Is there a setup section on this forum that I'm overlooking or something? I can't find any of these setups y'all are talking about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.