Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
TBH I think most all of us are due for a new kit as we have driven the hell out of our original kits. I know mine has had the plastics replaced 4 times throughout the entire car and yet it still never feels quite like a fresh one out of the box.
and it never will. there's no substitute for fresh, be it donuts or new car smell.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nat Maniac
Would any one mind posting a link for a shim set to eliminate slop around the front and rear (inner & outer) hinge pins?

Ideally tower hobbies but ill take any good recommendations.

in reality I think the majority of slop comes from the hinge pin hole getting larger from stress but im guessing there is not much I can do about that right?

Thanks all !!!
If you have any brushed motor shims those should fit on no problem. the phenolic spacers might be a bit too wide and interfere with the chassis though.
Ask your LHS if they have dust covering some shim kits somewhere.
Another option might be is to drill a hole and set screw the arm. I haven't spent time determining if the pin is sliding for/aft at all.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Would any one mind posting a link for a shim set to eliminate slop around the front and rear (inner & outer) hinge pins?

in reality I think the majority of slop comes from the hinge pin hole getting larger from stress but im guessing there is not much I can do about that right?

Thanks all !!!
This is where the replaceable inserts on the alloy rear C and D blocks are a huge benefit.
Old 04-14-2015, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason
and it never will. there's no substitute for fresh, be it donuts or new car smell.
Mmmm I like Donuts!
Old 04-14-2015, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Fabulous
Mmmm I like Donuts!

Old 04-14-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Besides going to 3 gears and taking a total of 75 grams of weight off, are there any notable differences in the lite? It seems like those who are really waiting could almost put together one themselves, unless it's silly from a cost perspective.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Woulvesbaine
Besides going to 3 gears and taking a total of 75 grams of weight off, are there any notable differences in the lite? It seems like those who are really waiting could almost put together one themselves, unless it's silly from a cost perspective.
for those of us with the car and the bling, all we really need is the chassis. For people just getting into the B5M, the is a lot of cost saving for the lite car. Some guys also sold their B5M cars and want to built a fresh kit and dont have a car right now.

The car kinda sucks when it is heavy imo. I am about 1530 and it feels really good. So IMO you need to remove the weight.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Hi all, Just got a used B5M, and am going to start the rebuild process.

It's my first AE car, and currently going through this thread. 866 pages though, it's going to take a while to catch up. Expect questions as I go, and apologize in advance if I happen to dig up an old post.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
Hi all, Just got a used B5M, and am going to start the rebuild process.

It's my first AE car, and currently going through this thread. 866 pages though, it's going to take a while to catch up. Expect questions as I go, and apologize in advance if I happen to dig up an old post.
Welcome, just try and use the search function first...if you still cant find what you're looking for ask away.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Welcome, just try and use the search function first...if you still cant find what you're looking for ask away.
But of course, the first page answers most...I try to go through the threads to catch what DIDN'T work for others, so I don't make the same mistake. haha
Old 04-14-2015, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Thanks all !!!
These will do the whole car except the rear inner hinge pins, as they are larger in diameter: https://kyoshoamerica.3dcartstores.c...-Set_p_51.html

These will shim up the rear inner hinge pins: https://kyoshoamerica.3dcartstores.c...et_p_6833.html

They work like a champ on my car
Old 04-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I use the Kyosho shims as well
Old 04-14-2015, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
for those of us with the car and the bling, all we really need is the chassis. For people just getting into the B5M, the is a lot of cost saving for the lite car. Some guys also sold their B5M cars and want to built a fresh kit and dont have a car right now.

The car kinda sucks when it is heavy imo. I am about 1530 and it feels really good. So IMO you need to remove the weight.
Why do you say the car sucks heavy?
In heavy form the car is great for me personally. I do use a shorty 3800mah battery(because I had them), but added both C & D brass blocks, which made no percievable difference. Indoor track, clay, damp, high bite (dries throughout the day).

Edit: I should weigh my car sometime. I have no clue how heavy it is.
Steel turnbuckles, AE light motor plate, AE aluminum rear ballstud mount, LRP Flow ESC, RX-461, old school AMB transponder, Ace 1015 fullsize aluminum case servo, Shelle battery brace, Jcon rear clamp hexes, steel and heavy plastic for everything else. LOL.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
Why do you say the car sucks heavy?
In heavy form the car is great for me personally. I do use a shorty 3800mah battery(because I had them), but added both C & D brass blocks, which made no percievable difference. Indoor track, clay, damp, high bite (dries throughout the day).
it felt sluggish. I like the car more agile. Plus, for 17.5 the heavier car makes the motor work harder. I ran my car in mod a week ago and I still prefer a lighter car. 1530-1550. But our local tracks are unlike many others. really high bite damp clay running slicks.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What do you do shock setup for a lighter car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.