Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 03-15-2015, 09:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iScream
Do you have any kind of build thread on how you did it?
He's got one on Oople. Threads like that don't do well here. Too much heckling.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Some guys are just jerks.
Jerzi has been posting some great builds on rc10talk. Custom one off parts for vintage cars and new.
The wise guys in this thread probably couldn't make anything on their own.

Last edited by kaiser; 03-15-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Suspended

Okei guys.
That chassis is far from ready.
It was in very hurry put together and it was in a race and it worked very great.
Best b5m chassis i have done, i have made some in the past.
Ill put an new pic when it is ready.
Jerzi

ps for more information go to facebook and take ASSOCIATED B5M PROTO TEAM
Old 03-15-2015, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I made my statement because as a consumer I see a poorly designed,cut and drilled chassis by a vendor whos marketing it as a pretty good upgrade while blatantly violating the rules of selling outside the forsale forum after being warned more than once.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeepnMike
X2. I am surprised by some of them Most of us wouldn't try to do what you are doing, it is pretty cool you are learning a craft as you go and probably learning a lot more about how your car handling changes.

I have seen some really ugly and sloppy install pics on RCTech, but nobody says anything. I am surprised some of you are picking on someone for trying to innovate. Unless you know this guy personally and it's an inside joke, it isn't cool. This isn't even one of those vaginacating of America thing where everyone gets a trophy, this is one of those things that feels like a new kid showing up to the track and getting treated like an idiot kind of things to me, it can really turn someone off to the hobby and the crowd.
Exactly. I have been noticing more negative comments lately and was starting to get annoyed. How many of the guys ragging on him can do what he can? Just because it doesn't look like a finished product from a major company is no reason to act like that. If you don't like it, keep scrolling.
Rant over.
Nick
Old 03-15-2015, 11:44 AM
Suspended

A guy ask what is an good chassis?? I answer my is.
Is that marketing??
Iam not selling of these chassis.
So a question.
If i put an link or an pic of x factor chassis and put the price also in there, is that marketing?? Or not.
IAM JUST SHOWING MY CHASSIS
I was not trying to sell something because i dont have anything to sell.
jerzi
Old 03-15-2015, 12:25 PM
Suspended

If i want to show up my car that have some diffrent part than the original, where should i put it so you dont think iam marketing my parts i have done for this car??
Jerzi
Old 03-15-2015, 12:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jerzi
If i want to show up my car that have some diffrent part than the original, where should i put it so you dont think iam marketing my parts i have done for this car??
Jerzi
I would suggest you just relax and don't make a bigger deal out of it than it already is. Several people have commented in your favor today and about the manners some participants in this thread seem to lack.

Just take it easy, stay within the rules, and contribute to the thread.

-Chris
Old 03-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Suspended

My rear carbon shockstay and an 4mm thick carbon chassis. Theese parts will be tested soon.
Then you can see my carbon rear and front wing. They work great.
NOTING IS FOR SELL JUST SHOWING UP MY STUFF.
Jerzi
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-20150315_215915.jpg   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-20150315_220601.jpg  
Old 03-15-2015, 01:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gooba
I made my statement because as a consumer I see a poorly designed,cut and drilled chassis by a vendor whos marketing it as a pretty good upgrade while blatantly violating the rules of selling outside the forsale forum after being warned more than once.
I made my statement because of something that happened at our local indoor track back in early February.

There are quite a few of us running the B5M there and 5 of us were standing around talking about the buggy. At least 4 of us are members here on RC Tech. I don't remember the subject all that well but I suggested checking out this thread for an answer or advice.

Two different guys in that small group told me they do not participate in this thread in any way because of the general attitude in here. I'm phrasing that in a much nicer way than they did, by the way.

It's pretty noticeable in here at times compared to other threads I follow from less widespread brands. And I really doubt some of you would dare speak to people at your tracks the way you do in this thread.

-Chris

Last edited by iScream; 03-15-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi im wondering if running a square brick battery would make this car more stable and give more traction over a shorty or saddle packs? thanks
Old 03-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jerzi
Jerzi
If you show up at the track with a custom chassis that you made your self, feel proud. I would. I have. I have a mostly custom short course that I built myself that looks like nothing else out there with the body off and performs really well given my driving ability. I bought a b5m a couple months ago immediately started turning it into a short course. Didn't get as much following in the build thread as I expected but I'm still going to finish it. Keep doing what you are doing, and keep sharing. It's interesting to see different ways to do things.
I feel like we're at the point in the hobby where everybody just buys kits and goes racing. The days of custom building are over. Not much innovative coming out anymore. Just the same features put together slightly different depending on the manufacturer.

Nick

My build threads for reference. First couple pages are a little sketchy but it gets better

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/478917-my-rc10t-sc-conversion.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/861302-team-associated-b5-short-course.html
Old 03-15-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lately i've been racing my B5M's with one setup inline (battery inline) and one standard. I find the inline car results in slightly quicker lap times AND feels better around our track. However I make more mistakes with it. The standard car feels smoother or something but i'm always wanting it to different things at certain parts of the track. But I very rarely make mistakes with. During our mod A-mains I can race it without error.

Just an observation. I'm gonna go back to my standard car and just deal with slower, consistent races.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gooba

He didn't offer it up for sale. He also didn't say it was a race ready design. Guy has been one offing parts for guys to try near him since the car came out. He never pushes selling them. In fact usually I see him saying its not for sale and he does it for the enjoyment.

You must dislike Kinwald as well... he is the master of hacking things apart and trying different ideas.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by air8
Lately i've been racing my B5M's with one setup inline (battery inline) and one standard. I find the inline car results in slightly quicker lap times AND feels better around our track. However I make more mistakes with it. The standard car feels smoother or something but i'm always wanting it to different things at certain parts of the track. But I very rarely make mistakes with. During our mod A-mains I can race it without error.

Just an observation. I'm gonna go back to my standard car and just deal with slower, consistent races.

Tried inline on mine recently and didn't like it at all. Immediately went back to sideways. Found inline made the car darty. Was quick to respond but also unpredictable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.