R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes

Old 01-29-2015, 11:10 AM   #10966
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
Fire sale on B5M's coming to a forum near you!
they have the price as $279 on the website. Sorry but this kinda blows up everyone else's car pricing. Decked out light weight car for under $300. Plus all of the parts support.....
Old 01-29-2015, 11:12 AM   #10967
Tech Elite

b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:12 AM   #10968
Tech Elite

b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #10969
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
they have the price as $279 on the website. Sorry but this kinda blows up everyone else's car pricing. Decked out light weight car for under $300. Plus all of the parts support.....
nope nope nope...many will be dumping their $400 rides for $150 so they can buy the same exact thing they had for $280...from AE

While it sucks that now we can buy it all in one box, most of us have this car already. We just had to pay more to get it..IMO

Tis the game we play..called R/C racing

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #10970
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You guys talking about internal resistance of batteries should really take note that charging your batteries all the way full is the best way to increase internal resistance of the batteries during normal use. If you use the "FAST charge" or similar early cutoff systems that cut you off at around 4.16, you're battery will last a heck of a lot longer. Everyone's charger is slightly different, and none are perfect. The "x battery brand" internal resistance results are probably pretty skewed by people's charging practices and chargers.

Wayne
Old 01-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #10971
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razathorn View Post
You guys talking about internal resistance of batteries should really take note that charging your batteries all the way full is the best way to increase internal resistance of the batteries during normal use. If you use the "FAST charge" or similar early cutoff systems that cut you off at around 4.16, you're battery will last a heck of a lot longer. Everyone's charger is slightly different, and none are perfect. The "x battery brand" internal resistance results are probably pretty skewed by people's charging practices and chargers.

Wayne
locally they charge the packs so they get to about 120 deg. This greatly lowers the IR and can be seriously felt on the track. but it also greatly shortens the life span of you packs. One local claims he did that for 6 months with his trinity pack with little to no increase in IR of the pack. I dont do it, because I pit with my daughter and I dont want to increase the risk of a pit fire.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:23 AM   #10972
Tech Prophet

I kinda wish they offered a new waterfall with a fan mount....oh well.

I just noticed that the car has the plastic rack. lol. Also, they put a locknut on the rear hub's ballstud. See they did learn from their mistakes.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:32 AM   #10973
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Killshot based Apex2

Cpt.A pulled it from his TC, so I'm sure it was thrashed hard before he sent it to me j/k. It honestly wasn't far off from the newer short stack based motors.
You're welcome.. and I'm sure it was the driver Oh, and that motor has the least amount of run time of any of my motors. Maybe 20 packs through it.

Quote:
On a side note. I'm glad I'm not stock racing very much, locally or otherwise. Because I found out first hand that the whole battery "juicing" game is no joke, legal or not it makes a difference.
The battery game is FAR FAR FAR more important than the motor game at the moment in spec racing. I can see 10%-15% increase in performance when I am running my batteries the special secret sauce way.... motor of the month? 1-2%.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:32 AM   #10974
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razathorn View Post

Wayne
........I don't know anyone who cycles at a 20a discharge and charges at 40+ amps that worries about "battery life".

And that doesn't touch on the "other stuff" an Icharger can do to gain performance.

"Stock racing..where skill level plateaus and wallet racing begins"

Old 01-29-2015, 11:34 AM   #10975
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

New Kit announced, 90000 RC10B5M Factory Lite includes 3 Gear.
drcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:34 AM   #10976
Tech Prophet

"Lightweight aluminum front axle/hex adapter and larger front wheel bearing for added durability"

Did they change the bearings? new inserts and/or spindles?
Old 01-29-2015, 11:41 AM   #10977
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
You're welcome.. and I'm sure it was the driver Oh, and that motor has the least amount of run time of any of my motors. Maybe 20 packs through it.

The battery game is FAR FAR FAR more important than the motor game at the moment in spec racing. I can see 10%-15% increase in performance when I am running my batteries the special secret sauce way.... motor of the month? 1-2%.
So what is the "secret sauce way" to charge batteries for stock?

Proud To Represent: Fantom Racing - Schelle Racing - FastTraxx Hobbies
dbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #10978
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post

I went from my normal charge methods to having my buddy, I won't say what exactly, but "juice" my pack for the last qual and main. I went from clearing the triple for the first 2, maybe 3 minutes of a run to the full 6 minutes in the main. That's only on 2 cycles of that discharge/charge type. Performance only goes up from there, for a short period of time as it shortens the packs life.

Temp of the pack while cycling... Let's just say it wasn't close to ambient temp.

I like stock class racing but the lengths needed to go to at the upper level are ridiculous.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #10979
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcguy View Post
New Kit announced, 90000 RC10B5M Factory Lite includes 3 Gear.
Read first, then post. You're a day late and a dollar short

Old 01-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #10980
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowen View Post
Ya I mean I had SMC 4600's before and the Reedys dont feel that much different but idk anyways so the Orions are no good huh? Also while I really want the Trinity Revtech 100c batterys I refuse to pay that much and they're 5mm bullets thats just too big of a pain to switch from 4mm to 5mm especially when i have 4mm packs I would like to use for practice. So what would be the closest battery to the Trinity with 4mm bullets and a decent price?
I forget who makes them,but a 4-5mm step bullet is made so that you can use either size battery with this one end.
sheeldzy is offline   Reply With Quote