R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree7Likes

Old 01-28-2015, 10:51 AM   #10861
Tech Elite

Anyone find a clear gear cover for 4 gear? I'm working on a special tribute paint scheme and really didn't want to paint the stock cover.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:20 AM   #10862
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowen View Post
Awesome thanks Kurt! Now what did going to the 30 degree kick up do and why did you do it? Also why did you change your rear roll center and what were you running before?
30 deg kick (0 caster insert) makes the front end less agressive, works well with 3-Gear to balance the car. The rear link was standard 1-B, 1 washer height. When you lower the outer its a bit more of the effect of a softer rear end in roll compared to raising the inner.

Honestly both inboard link changes are in the same "direction", but I think lowering the outer ballstud gives a bit larger change which is what I wanted at Reedy since the track was getting really abrasive.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:26 AM   #10863
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
IMO i would get the reedy flat wire. The one time i tried a TQ sensor wire i didnt like it. The plug was super tight and the wire was flimsy. I had to ruin it to get it out of a motor.
I find it helpful to use a pair of lexan scissors to get the plug unseated from the motor, its better than having a loose plug that can come unplugged on its own.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #10864
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdub View Post
I did dremel my Schelle battery strap a bit on the tongue to remove some of the drag from running cells back.
What do you have to dremel on the Schelle battery strap to run the battery all the way back? Can someone provide a bit more detail/pics on that.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #10865
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 156 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
I find it helpful to use a pair of lexan scissors to get the plug unseated from the motor, its better than having a loose plug that can come unplugged on its own.
You have no idea what i had to do to get this plug out of there...I have been using Reedy / LRP sensor wires mainly and never had an issue with a wire coming unplugged. It was like this one was glued in, ridiculous.

#MakeRCTechGreatAgain
Matt Trimmings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:45 AM   #10866
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
30 deg kick (0 caster insert) makes the front end less agressive, works well with 3-Gear to balance the car. The rear link was standard 1-B, 1 washer height. When you lower the outer its a bit more of the effect of a softer rear end in roll compared to raising the inner.

Honestly both inboard link changes are in the same "direction", but I think lowering the outer ballstud gives a bit larger change which is what I wanted at Reedy since the track was getting really abrasive.
Thanks for the reply Kurt! Ok I really noticed a difference steering wise going to the 3 gear, didn't necessarily think it was to much, but maybe taming it down just a hair would be perfect so I am going to try it. And cool I will try lowering my outer ballstud 1mm and then maybe even 2.

Proud To Represent: Fantom Racing - Schelle Racing - FastTraxx Hobbies
dbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:19 PM   #10867
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

Thoughts on servos. I have a Spektrum S6040 Shorty Servo. I also have plenty of high speed/high torque (.08 or faster/250oz or higher), Should I use the shorty, Or regular?

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:37 PM   #10868
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Smiley" View Post
Thoughts on servos. I have a Spektrum S6040 Shorty Servo. I also have plenty of high speed/high torque (.08 or faster/250oz or higher), Should I use the shorty, Or regular?
First of all the 6040 is fullsize so I think you mean 6070 (I think thats the spektrum shorty) but anyways I have a 6040 in mine and I tried a shorty and I just didn't like it I dont know if it was in my head but my car seemed to want to do weird things with the shorty (it could have been the servo itself idk). Also Im not a fan of shortys bc they strip easier. But you can't go wrong with a 6040 IMO best servos out there for the money.

Proud To Represent: Fantom Racing - Schelle Racing - FastTraxx Hobbies
dbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:42 PM   #10869
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings View Post
You have no idea what i had to do to get this plug out of there...I have been using Reedy / LRP sensor wires mainly and never had an issue with a wire coming unplugged. It was like this one was glued in, ridiculous.
Novak motors were the only ones to give me that much trouble, and no one runs those anymore
Old 01-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #10870
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

Lol, Yea meant 6070.

Vision Racing Products (VRP)- www.visionracingproducts.com
"Smiley" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:47 PM   #10871
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowen View Post
First of all the 6040 is fullsize so I think you mean 6070 (I think thats the spektrum shorty) but anyways I have a 6040 in mine and I tried a shorty and I just didn't like it I dont know if it was in my head but my car seemed to want to do weird things with the shorty (it could have been the servo itself idk). Also Im not a fan of shortys bc they strip easier. But you can't go wrong with a 6040 IMO best servos out there for the money.
I've actually felt the same, the 6040 feels better than the 70, I have the 70 in my 4wd though and it seems fine. The shorty can struggle to get off of a pipe, even though their rated torque seems fine, it's not great.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:54 PM   #10872
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Smiley" View Post
Lol, Yea meant 6070.
Run the full size servo smiley!! That's what all the cool kids run!

Now get back to work!!
Rhett McNair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:43 PM   #10873
Tech Addict

Default Battery Strap Dremel pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Anderson View Post
What do you have to dremel on the Schelle battery strap to run the battery all the way back? Can someone provide a bit more detail/pics on that.

Thanks!
Here's a pic, just take some material off the top where it goes through the plastic brace, typically about 0.5-0.8mm.

If you prefer to cut plastic rather than carbon fiber, then you can remove the plastic part and dremel it.
Attached Thumbnails
Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread-2015-01-28_144047.jpg  
Old 01-28-2015, 03:18 PM   #10874
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Here's a pic, just take some material off the top where it goes through the plastic brace, typically about 0.5-0.8mm.

If you prefer to cut plastic rather than carbon fiber, then you can remove the plastic part and dremel it.
Thanks!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #10875
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Smiley...had 6070 in my X-ray xb4 and broke the gears 20.00...I'm running one in my b5m working good..besides i have new spare now.
hobbywing esc, airtronics controlled MT4s
advpball is offline   Reply With Quote