R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 01-17-2015, 09:18 AM   #10561
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone try cavalieri's crcrc newest setup yet? Any thoughts or comments? thanks
DIRT DIGGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:42 AM   #10562
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowen View Post
For you stock guys that run MIP Pucks I have a question:

I have had the pucks for about 2 months and have replaced my pucks at least every 10-20 packs and they still looked fine when I replaced them. My question is that my out drives are ate to hell and are DONE! How can this be? I thought one of the major benefits to the "Puck System" is that you never have to replace dog bones or out drives again?

I must say I am really disappointed in MIP so far I have bent a dog bone and my out drives are now shot. I have invested probably $160 in this puck system now and I dont know that the benefits really outweigh the cost.

Do I need to replace the pucks after every race???
Nobody has ever said or implied that running the pucks means you will NEVER have to replace your outdrives. But 10 to 20 packs? Something isn't right. I have about 4 months of driving on my pucks, around 10 packs a week (newborn only lets me get to the track once a week these days), and my original pucks and outdrives still look like 95% good.

Make sure you clean and reoil them often. If you are running them dry, and maybe run somewhere with a lot of dust... you might get some premature wear. They have to be kept clean. I clean and oil my pucks/outdrives before the race day starts, and once again before the main.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:54 AM   #10563
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
Nobody has ever said or implied that running the pucks means you will NEVER have to replace your outdrives. But 10 to 20 packs? Something isn't right. I have about 4 months of driving on my pucks, around 10 packs a week (newborn only lets me get to the track once a week these days), and my original pucks and outdrives still look like 95% good.

Make sure you clean and reoil them often. If you are running them dry, and maybe run somewhere with a lot of dust... you might get some premature wear. They have to be kept clean. I clean and oil my pucks/outdrives before the race day starts, and once again before the main.
What do you oil on the pucks?
billdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:08 AM   #10564
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post

Ok sorry they say "Less overall wear on drive components" but that is deff not the case for me I got over 6 months of use out of my OEM dog bones and out drives running an 8.5 motor (which if I was running stock they would prob STILL be good a year later) and I regrease mine every time I replace them which again is every 10 or so packs which I run 2-4 times a week so it could be every 2 times at the track. So I need to regrease them every other run or so?

Proud To Represent: Fantom Racing - Schelle Racing - FastTraxx Hobbies
dbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:55 PM   #10565
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBuddha View Post
https://www.facebook.com/RcPromask

"A new lite weight gear cover for the B5M. Made for 17.5 racing. The prototype Is 4 grams, think i can get it to 3 grams. The covers will come with out a hole for racers that don't run a slipper, for the racers that do there will be vinyl dots to cover the hole. The first run will in white. I'll have a three gear cover by the end of next week"

Is this an add or??
Do you sell these??
What is the cost of one??
Strange you can have this here because this is an forum that you cant sell anything here.
If i put an pic of an carbon part that I have done so i get an wRning from this forum.
Lets see what the moderators will say about this??
Jerzi

Last edited by jerzi; 01-17-2015 at 01:15 PM.
jerzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:44 PM   #10566
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzi View Post
Is this an add or??
It is an aftermarket part. Not an Ad. I often post product announcements from RedRC.

Quote:
Do you sell these??
No, I do not sell these. I always post parts that have to do with the B5m on this thread for informational purposes.

Quote:
No idea. Click on the facebook link on the post.

Quote:
Strange you can have this here because this is an forum that you cant sell anything here.
Yes, I know. I am not selling anything (unlike you). Certain parts show up on facebook waaay before they do here. I am simply spreading the information.

edit: I can see how you thought I was selling the item, but do notice that I "quoted" the text. That explains your confusion. Also, you WERE trying to push your parts on here.

Quote:
If i put an pic of an carbon part that I have done so i get an wRning from this forum.
You should take that up with MattM or one of the mods. You obviously were trying to sell your stuff, based on your post history.

Quote:
Sure. Let's hear what they have to say! They can let me know if they have an issue with me posting about parts that are relevant to the B5m.

Last edited by RCBuddha; 01-20-2015 at 09:48 PM.
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:44 PM   #10567
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzi View Post
Is this an add or??
Do you sell these??
Jerzi
He can post this here because its his forum and those are not his parts. He posts all aftermarket pieces for the B5M on here (from major companies)
X6^3: Tekin, Fantom, Sav÷x
B5M: KDRC, Fantom, hobbywing, Sav÷x, Schelle, AC RC
Thomas PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:48 PM   #10568
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Ok sorry they say "Less overall wear on drive components" but that is deff not the case for me I got over 6 months of use out of my OEM dog bones and out drives running an 8.5 motor (which if I was running stock they would prob STILL be good a year later) and I regrease mine every time I replace them which again is every 10 or so packs which I run 2-4 times a week so it could be every 2 times at the track. So I need to regrease them every other run or so?
$tock Cla$$. Instead of buying 89 dollar motor to go faster everybody looking to make 17.5 faster with all this $tuff.....we so crazy drinking all the kool aid ....but damn it's fun.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:10 PM   #10569
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cridd View Post
$tock Cla$$. Instead of buying 89 dollar motor to go faster everybody looking to make 17.5 faster with all this $tuff.....we so crazy drinking all the kool aid ....but damn it's fun.
I don't understand the stock class - let's spend more $$ to be the fastest guy at being slow...
StadiumRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:45 PM   #10570
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StadiumRC View Post
I don't understand the stock class - let's spend more $$ to be the fastest guy at being slow...
You don't understand it, which is fine.

Driving ability in 17.5 reigns supreme for most. A fast motor is just a nice thing to have. If you hit pipes a ton, it won't matter what motor you have.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #10571
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
You don't understand it, which is fine.

Driving ability in 17.5 reigns supreme for most. A fast motor is just a nice thing to have. If you hit pipes a ton, it won't matter what motor you have.
Pretty much same with modified. Except you dont have to spend an extra $200 to get all the super trick lightweight parts to be competitive
Old 01-17-2015, 09:41 PM   #10572
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
different from his past set ups, 1.4's in the rear, a few different hard parts.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:11 PM   #10573
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER View Post
Is he running the MM arms, or the RM arms for this setup?
Old 01-17-2015, 10:15 PM   #10574
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdogg View Post
What do you oil on the pucks?
I use light bearing oil. Just a drop that i spread around, and make sure to dab off excess.

Quote:
So I need to regrease them every other run or so?
I woudlnt' think so. I clean, wipe down, and re-oil both the puck and the inside of the outdrive twice per race day, and I think that might be excessive. I would think once every 4 or 5 packs would be plenty.. again, depending on how dirty your car gets from your track. Our cars say super clean.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:25 PM   #10575
Tech Master

On Cavs set up, I think rm arms, what is the best way to measure toe. I usually just eye it but to get 1/4 * what is the best way to do that ?