Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 10:06 PM
Tech Legend

Jason did you also include a motor washer under the ball stud ?

Good reason to recommend the alloy hub , their stronger..
Old 05-28-2014, 10:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by gticlay
I bet the hard hubs wouldn't do that.
You're probably right. With the hard hubs the whole top f the hub would just snap off.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

Originally Posted by DWill
You're probably right. With the hard hubs the whole top f the hub would just snap off.
i just use an old .030 ballstud washer on plastic side, but also i use a 10mm ballstud and i put a 3mm locnut on the aluminum side.

i actually got 12mm ballstuds for on the ubrace to use a locnut on the bottom and moved the stock ubrace ballstud to the hub, extra security
Old 05-28-2014, 11:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HBRob
For me first shot is battery, going to move forward about 1-2 sm pads to deal with all the weight I took out of the back. Next will be 1 down on rear springs if that doesn't do it. Saving oils for last as I think I'm already a bit on the thin side

Several others running as light or even lighter than I am at ocrc, so also going to take a look around for comparison sake tomorrow.

Ah the fun of trying to tune a new car.
Just a follow up - got my car to the point where the rest is likely all driver .

Used the Cactus setup for the base, started by moving battery forward 1 small pad, helped front grip but lost the rear a bit. Next went down 1 spring in the rear, better but not quite there. Moved rear hubs forward, slightly better. Decided to try B5 rear arms flipped and hubs back to center to get the +2mm forward setting - money.

Im running light (~1530) and using the Hartson style inline setup. Running AKA ions, closed cell - worn/sauced.

OCRC was good grip tonight, and I shaved 1+ seconds off my fast lap vs. B4.2 on same track (granted, I wasnt ever very happy with how the car felt - so take this for what it is), So far, Im loving the B5M. The rest is all me and now its time to learn to control my trigger finger and learn to trust the car a bit more.

Last edited by HBRob; 05-28-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cridd
HBRob I have the 1.6 and 1.7 tapered with the 32.5 weight oil all around, White and Green springs. I used that at JBRL at OCRC but now put the pucks in and top shaft, so about 35 grams lighter, thinking of going to 30 weight oil front and 27.5 rear, dropping spring rates by one setting front and back and tune from that point.

Next race is outdoor at CCR, never been but yesterday in Exeter car was bouncy, track had some rough bumps and getting ready for a rebuild but need to lighten up and absorb a little more.

Running stock class so helps to be close to 1500 grams.
Very close to what I ended up at tonight. I have pucks, top shaft, 14g wire, hobbwing justock, shorty, etc, etc and am about 1530 fully loaded. I will likely play with lighter oil next week. I dropped my rear springs already (I am at white/green now) - maybe give them another bump next week. Someone on here recommended the B5 rear arms - for me they definitely helped the rear side traction. Running them now.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:57 AM
Tech Adept

As for several others my ball cups are tight, and not freeing up after several weeks of running... did anyone try the SC10 4x4 cups, are they slightly bigger (although they should be nominally same right..)
Old 05-29-2014, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What are some set up changes I can make to reduce initial steering? ie : ballstud washers . thnx
Old 05-29-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pellefa
As for several others my ball cups are tight, and not freeing up after several weeks of running... did anyone try the SC10 4x4 cups, are they slightly bigger (although they should be nominally same right..)
The turnbuckles wont thread into the SC10 4x4 ball cups, the truck turnbuckles have larger threads. You can pinch the cup with pliers when it is on the ball and it will help a little...you could also try polishing the ball studs a little.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcbrad27
What are some things i can do to make my b5 have better corner speed? It has no aftermarket parts and is set up to facory specs besides shocks and gullwing arms/tower. Please dont just tell me to buy a b5m because i have one.
Corner speed is pretty generic. So I would suggest practice. What specifically are you wanting the car to do? Also, you could always try Humpty Helms RM setup. If you just want some place to completely start over.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Down to 1530g with pucks, lightweight top shaft, slipper eliminator and aluminum screw kit. Guess the next step is to remove some plastic from the cradle and shorten the wires a little like on Cherry's car.

Also looking forward to trying the arms from the rear motor.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:55 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jason Turner
Anyone else broke this in this way yet?

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
The turnbuckles wont thread into the SC10 4x4 ball cups, the truck turnbuckles have larger threads. You can pinch the cup with pliers when it is on the ball and it will help a little...you could also try polishing the ball studs a little.
lol, I didnt all of that. Someone even suggested chap sticking the balls, so I did that. At this point I give up. The rear once seem to break in ok..mostly because they get the piss beat out of them and stretched, But the front end ones start out smooth, then seem to tighten back up. Its getting old cleaning and reworking these things. I am going to just put some tlr 22 cups and studs on the car. I like the idea behind the AE cups, but man they keep getting so tight, that they will hold the arm up with the shock and tire off.

BTW Matt, I saw BK running stock last night. He was running the RM car, but said he plans to run both at the same weight and compare. I am curious as to what he finds for w3. I have not seem BK at the track much recently, it was good to see him out.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:57 AM
Tech Prophet

I was talking to a guy last night and he told me that the pucks too 20grams out of the rear of his car. I am by NO means a weight freek and I have all the power I can use. But....taking 20 grams out of the rear to mess with the weight bias sounds interesting.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Just returned to rc racing after 20 years so I have a lot to learn a lot of good info on this site. I love my b5 staying rm for a while who has tried the gullwing front arms? And how did they perform?
Old 05-29-2014, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
lol, I didnt all of that. Someone even suggested chap sticking the balls, so I did that. At this point I give up. The rear once seem to break in ok..mostly because they get the piss beat out of them and stretched, But the front end ones start out smooth, then seem to tighten back up. Its getting old cleaning and reworking these things. I am going to just put some tlr 22 cups and studs on the car. I like the idea behind the AE cups, but man they keep getting so tight, that they will hold the arm up with the shock and tire off.

BTW Matt, I saw BK running stock last night. He was running the RM car, but said he plans to run both at the same weight and compare. I am curious as to what he finds for w3. I have not seem BK at the track much recently, it was good to see him out.
He was at W3 last Sat

Jason
Old 05-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jdemonto
He was at W3 last Sat

Jason
Yeah, I wont be able to make saturdays for a months or so. Was he running stock on saturday?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.