Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mes
How about the RDRP Ultra Multi Wrench?

+1
Old 01-10-2014, 06:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiCk B
Or this:

MiCk B. :-)
that looks pretty good for doing shock nuts.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Surprised no one has mentioned the rear hinge pin holders. According to the website they will have factory team aluminum c and d holders with inserts for both. I'm guessing instead of changing the whole front (c) hanger, to adjust inboard toe and kick up, you'll just replace the inserts. What interests me most is FT rear (d) hanger has inserts as well, so maybe some low roll center options.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Prophet

yeah, I saw that. Some good after market parts.....
Old 01-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
Is it me, or does it seem like the motor is still not centered??
It's not, but there is a bit of weight in the motor place and spur assembly. If you want a balance, the motor will likely need to be shifted just slightly to the left of center. I bet it's dead on.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default In the interview this was a weird answer

As for the arms, either will go with either motor configuration, we just put one set on each car to show they’re both available as tuning options. It should be noted, though, that each has a specific front shock tower to accommodate shock leverage.

The answer was not one is better for one platform or another but basically we don't know which is better and you might have to buy both.

I remember when JQ said wings and bodies do not need wind tunnel testing.
lol
Old 01-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Well if they're shipping a specific one with each kit that would seem to indicate that they think 1 is better for each.

Just like anything else tuning related you might have to expirement. I mean how many people still run the box setup?
Old 01-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gticlay
Let's hope that means "Feb 1"!
checked yesterday & sticking with same time , end of the month..
Old 01-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
How about the RDRP Ultra Multi Wrench?

Those seem cool but the cross member strikes things (arms, edge of chassis, etc.).
Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonyWest
As for the arms, either will go with either motor configuration, we just put one set on each car to show they’re both available as tuning options. It should be noted, though, that each has a specific front shock tower to accommodate shock leverage.

The answer was not one is better for one platform or another but basically we don't know which is better and you might have to buy both.

I remember when JQ said wings and bodies do not need wind tunnel testing.
lol
I thought that answer was a little... - I'll say not well thought out. If that's the thinking, they should ship both cars with both sets of arms and shock towers. I mean, the Centro uses straight arms, so why not go with that on both cars??

EDIT: The answer was not well thought out. Was the design well thought out/tested, or is the design the same as the answer... Hmm, doubts begin to...
Old 01-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by SMcD
I thought that answer was a little... - I'll say not well thought out. If that's the thinking, they should ship both cars with both sets of arms and shock towers. I mean, the Centro uses straight arms, so why not go with that on both cars??

EDIT: The answer was not well thought out. Was the design well thought out/tested, or is the design the same as the answer... Hmm, doubts begin to...
why don they just ship the cars with every part available including the alum and "hard" plastic pieces........ I am sure part of it was to show them off. But he also said Kody worked on the MM quite a bit and Kody came on here and gave a reason for the gulwing arms on the MM. So I think it was both. To show off the new MM and gulwings and as Kody said, there is a performance reason. But like what was stated above. For a given track you might switch them. Maifield sometimes ran the straight arms on his sc10.2 and sometimes ran the gulwing. I am sure they will both have the place between the 2 cars.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Ok....

Don't beat me up too bad lol....

What do you guys see in the B5m that would make it better buggy over the C4.2?

I know the price looks very good but what else?

Thx...
Old 01-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
that looks pretty good for doing shock nuts.
That's what I use with the metric plastic JConepts nuts.

MiCk B. :-)
Old 01-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
why don they just ship the cars with every part available including the alum and "hard" plastic pieces........ I am sure part of it was to show them off. But he also said Kody worked on the MM quite a bit and Kody came on here and gave a reason for the gulwing arms on the MM. So I think it was both. To show off the new MM and gulwings and as Kody said, there is a performance reason. But like what was stated above. For a given track you might switch them. Maifield sometimes ran the straight arms on his sc10.2 and sometimes ran the gulwing. I am sure they will both have the place between the 2 cars.
C'mon, that's not what I said. Of course, they are two different platforms. I will probably, over time, get both. The answer was a joke. He basically said, "Well, we make both arm/shock tower sets, and we wanted to take some pics.". Not to insult, but I thought that AE would go all gull wing as most have gone. Give me a tested, tried and true engineering reason plz. Tony, who I quoted, has been in the biz for a lil' bit.

EDIT: I'm not asking for a FT version off the bat.

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE EDIT: It looks like we will be the beta testers.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

what i wanna know is....will the truck be out before summer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.