R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 01-04-2015, 08:05 PM   #10171
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Hart View Post
Starting to run stock buggy, what is a good gearing to start with? Reedy Mach 2, medium sized - medium/high traction, indoor track.
72 / 32 to 72 / 34

69 / 32 to 69 / 34
Old 01-04-2015, 08:15 PM   #10172
Tech Elite

A buddy dremelled out the top center hole a bit then mounted asc 21942.. xp esc fan using 2 screws to mount the bottom holes through the 2 slots in the waterfall. Works pretty good but just gotta adapt from red jst to servo plug
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:19 AM   #10173
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I personally gear my stock b5m at 69/31 with about 40 degrees of can timing.

here's a pic of it just for fun.

mjbtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:03 AM   #10174
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschumi101 View Post
Finished Painting up a New Finnisher Body! Also installed some new upgrades bringing my total to:
Schelle Slipper
Fin Titanium Turnbuckles
Aluminum A arm mount
Aluminum 12mm rear Hex
X-rings

Nice looking paint job! A touch of old school with the new.
askbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #10175
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbtaco View Post
I personally gear my stock b5m at 69/31 with about 40 degrees of can timing.

here's a pic of it just for fun.

What Schuur Speed are you using? I had one for a year and it was so fast..I decided to go with the Mach 2 for a change though. And where do you race?

Steve Stricker fanboy.
Slam Dekker.
Long hair, don't care, Clay Matthews.
TJ Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:06 AM   #10176
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Looking for some gearing advice. Large indoor clay track, Orion 8.5, R-10 pro, short pack. Probably going to use the Schelle slipper.
askbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #10177
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by askbob View Post
Looking for some gearing advice. Large indoor clay track, Orion 8.5, R-10 pro, short pack. Probably going to use the Schelle slipper.
23/81 or 24/81

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #10178
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
ok I need help I have a new viper 8.5 to a tekin rs gen to esc
some time I have brake some times I don't epa on raido 100 esc set 100 to I think?
I reset the esc its better now thank you
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #10179
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Hart View Post
What Schuur Speed are you using? I had one for a year and it was so fast..I decided to go with the Mach 2 for a change though. And where do you race?
I run a signature series 17.5t like it much better than my mach 2. I race at OCRC in Southern California
mjbtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #10180
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbtaco View Post
I run a signature series 17.5t like it much better than my mach 2. I race at OCRC in Southern California
Kind of figured from the Reedy stand. Thinking about getting a new Schuur Speed depending on how I like the Mach 2.

Steve Stricker fanboy.
Slam Dekker.
Long hair, don't care, Clay Matthews.
TJ Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:17 AM   #10181
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

So half the indoor winter season in the books and I still have my B5M. Never liked Associated stuff but this car makes it hard for me to switch to another 2wd buggy. So far it has been the best 2wd buggy I have ever ran and I tried many different ones but this thing makes me look good. I just make very little tweaks to it and it just keeps getting faster. Can't really ask for much more than that. Associated did their homework when they designed this car.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:52 AM   #10182
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
So half the indoor winter season in the books and I still have my B5M. Never liked Associated stuff but this car makes it hard for me to switch to another 2wd buggy. So far it has been the best 2wd buggy I have ever ran and I tried many different ones but this thing makes me look good. I just make very little tweaks to it and it just keeps getting faster. Can't really ask for much more than that. Associated did their homework when they designed this car.
Yea they did I love this car. I have never been a big AE fan but they got this one right. I hope they put the same effort into there new 1/8th buggy. The one they have now is a pos. It's gonna have to be real good to pry the kyosho out of my hands though.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #10183
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

So..... tire foams. I am no tire foam guru. It is easy to see when open cells are no good, but closed cell have been a slight mystery to me. For a couple months I have been fighting push. I tried every tuning trick to get more steering. I got the car to OK. I have been waiting for the JC slicks to come into stock, but that is a ways off. Last night, a friends car has some issues right before his heat. I gave him my car to run, while I tore his tranny apart. He ran a set of panther slicks with orange inserts that he had. When, he came back to the pits after his race, I asked him if my car had too much push for him. To my surprise, he told me that I had tons of steering and my car was kinda hard to drive. I took him at his word, and dialed out some of the steering and tried his panther slicks on my next qualifier on my car. Holy crap I had steering. I was clipping pipes all over the place, and turned a crappy time, but...I had my fastest hero lap yet, lol. Well, we ended up in the same main, so I had to run my tires, slicked out Proline Clay Ions with aka red inserts. Well, my car was back to pushing, not a ton, but enough to make the car undesirable. After racing, I took my tires over to a sponsored AKA driver and asked him what he thought of my foams....he said they were done and to cut them out and replace the foams. The panther orange foams, were much much stiffer than my worn out AKA reds. Thus gave me too much rear bite. I always liked AKA reds when I ran outdoors, because they were a little softer than proline or JC. But running on high bite clay with slicks, I feel like they are short lived. The AKA sponsored guys use the AKA red foams just fine, but they also replace their foams often. I plan to try the dirt tech inserts with some smoothies if they ever come in. So yeah, I was running the "same" tire and insert as the fast guys, but in reality, they were not the same at all. I kinda knew all along my foams were the issue. When I first used those tires, they were great and I had tons of steering, but this little event just confirmed it for me. The "right" tires and foams are not always the brand you buy, but the level of break in they have received.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #10184
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
So..... tire foams. I am no tire foam guru. It is easy to see when open cells are no good, but closed cell have been a slight mystery to me. For a couple months I have been fighting push. I tried every tuning trick to get more steering. I got the car to OK. I have been waiting for the JC slicks to come into stock, but that is a ways off. Last night, a friends car has some issues right before his heat. I gave him my car to run, while I tore his tranny apart. He ran a set of panther slicks with orange inserts that he had. When, he came back to the pits after his race, I asked him if my car had too much push for him. To my surprise, he told me that I had tons of steering and my car was kinda hard to drive. I took him at his word, and dialed out some of the steering and tried his panther slicks on my next qualifier on my car. Holy crap I had steering. I was clipping pipes all over the place, and turned a crappy time, but...I had my fastest hero lap yet, lol. Well, we ended up in the same main, so I had to run my tires, slicked out Proline Clay Ions with aka red inserts. Well, my car was back to pushing, not a ton, but enough to make the car undesirable. After racing, I took my tires over to a sponsored AKA driver and asked him what he thought of my foams....he said they were done and to cut them out and replace the foams. The panther orange foams, were much much stiffer than my worn out AKA reds. Thus gave me too much rear bite. I always liked AKA reds when I ran outdoors, because they were a little softer than proline or JC. But running on high bite clay with slicks, I feel like they are short lived. The AKA sponsored guys use the AKA red foams just fine, but they also replace their foams often. I plan to try the dirt tech inserts with some smoothies if they ever come in. So yeah, I was running the "same" tire and insert as the fast guys, but in reality, they were not the same at all. I kinda knew all along my foams were the issue. When I first used those tires, they were great and I had tons of steering, but this little event just confirmed it for me. The "right" tires and foams are not always the brand you buy, but the level of break in they have received.
Sweep inserts are very good for slicks as well, and also orange.. hmmm.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #10185
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rides View Post
Yea they did I love this car. I have never been a big AE fan but they got this one right. I hope they put the same effort into there new 1/8th buggy. The one they have now is a pos. It's gonna have to be real good to pry the kyosho out of my hands though.
Funny because I will for the first time ever will be getting a 1/8th buggy. Kinda hope the new Associated one is out by spring because if it is 1/2 as good as my B5M feels I will take a chance on it. I'm only going to run it a few times in the summer so not like I will ever be 1/8th scale god.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote