R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2015, 08:05 PM   #10171
Tech Master
 
Cridd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Hart View Post
Starting to run stock buggy, what is a good gearing to start with? Reedy Mach 2, medium sized - medium/high traction, indoor track.
72 / 32 to 72 / 34

69 / 32 to 69 / 34
__________________
Chris
B6D / T5M / SC5M
Cridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 08:15 PM   #10172
Tech Elite
 
Mason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ocala, Florida
Posts: 4,852
Default

A buddy dremelled out the top center hole a bit then mounted asc 21942.. xp esc fan using 2 screws to mount the bottom holes through the 2 slots in the waterfall. Works pretty good but just gotta adapt from red jst to servo plug
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 07:19 AM   #10173
Tech Fanatic
 
mjbtaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montclair, CA
Posts: 863
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I personally gear my stock b5m at 69/31 with about 40 degrees of can timing.

here's a pic of it just for fun.

mjbtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:03 AM   #10174
Tech Adept
 
askbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschumi101 View Post
Finished Painting up a New Finnisher Body! Also installed some new upgrades bringing my total to:
Schelle Slipper
Fin Titanium Turnbuckles
Aluminum A arm mount
Aluminum 12mm rear Hex
X-rings










Nice looking paint job! A touch of old school with the new.
askbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:04 AM   #10175
Tech Adept
 
TJ Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 134
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbtaco View Post
I personally gear my stock b5m at 69/31 with about 40 degrees of can timing.

here's a pic of it just for fun.

What Schuur Speed are you using? I had one for a year and it was so fast..I decided to go with the Mach 2 for a change though. And where do you race?
__________________
Wisconsin > Wherever you live

Steve Stricker fanboy.
Slam Dekker.
Long hair, don't care, Clay Matthews.
TJ Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:06 AM   #10176
Tech Adept
 
askbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Looking for some gearing advice. Large indoor clay track, Orion 8.5, R-10 pro, short pack. Probably going to use the Schelle slipper.
askbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #10177
Tech Champion
 
Jmuck69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Posts: 5,003
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by askbob View Post
Looking for some gearing advice. Large indoor clay track, Orion 8.5, R-10 pro, short pack. Probably going to use the Schelle slipper.
23/81 or 24/81
__________________
B6D | B64D

Schelle Racing Concepts - www.schelleracing.com
Amain Hobbies - www.amain.com
Jmuck69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #10178
Tech Elite
 
vito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: roseburg or
Posts: 3,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito View Post
ok I need help I have a new viper 8.5 to a tekin rs gen to esc
some time I have brake some times I don't epa on raido 100 esc set 100 to I think?
I reset the esc its better now thank you
__________________
the happy racer
drango 410 v 4
am dyslexic
b5 mid motor
vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #10179
Tech Fanatic
 
mjbtaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Montclair, CA
Posts: 863
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Hart View Post
What Schuur Speed are you using? I had one for a year and it was so fast..I decided to go with the Mach 2 for a change though. And where do you race?
I run a signature series 17.5t like it much better than my mach 2. I race at OCRC in Southern California
mjbtaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #10180
Tech Adept
 
TJ Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 134
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbtaco View Post
I run a signature series 17.5t like it much better than my mach 2. I race at OCRC in Southern California
Kind of figured from the Reedy stand. Thinking about getting a new Schuur Speed depending on how I like the Mach 2.
__________________
Wisconsin > Wherever you live

Steve Stricker fanboy.
Slam Dekker.
Long hair, don't care, Clay Matthews.
TJ Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:17 AM   #10181
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,114
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

So half the indoor winter season in the books and I still have my B5M. Never liked Associated stuff but this car makes it hard for me to switch to another 2wd buggy. So far it has been the best 2wd buggy I have ever ran and I tried many different ones but this thing makes me look good. I just make very little tweaks to it and it just keeps getting faster. Can't really ask for much more than that. Associated did their homework when they designed this car.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:52 AM   #10182
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Shamong, N.J.
Posts: 528
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
So half the indoor winter season in the books and I still have my B5M. Never liked Associated stuff but this car makes it hard for me to switch to another 2wd buggy. So far it has been the best 2wd buggy I have ever ran and I tried many different ones but this thing makes me look good. I just make very little tweaks to it and it just keeps getting faster. Can't really ask for much more than that. Associated did their homework when they designed this car.
Yea they did I love this car. I have never been a big AE fan but they got this one right. I hope they put the same effort into there new 1/8th buggy. The one they have now is a pos. It's gonna have to be real good to pry the kyosho out of my hands though.
__________________
Kyosho MP-9 TKI3, Tekno SCT-410, AE B5M, AKA racing, Mel's Shells, Family Hobbies in Vineland NJ, Sjrc
purple rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:53 AM   #10183
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,933
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

So..... tire foams. I am no tire foam guru. It is easy to see when open cells are no good, but closed cell have been a slight mystery to me. For a couple months I have been fighting push. I tried every tuning trick to get more steering. I got the car to OK. I have been waiting for the JC slicks to come into stock, but that is a ways off. Last night, a friends car has some issues right before his heat. I gave him my car to run, while I tore his tranny apart. He ran a set of panther slicks with orange inserts that he had. When, he came back to the pits after his race, I asked him if my car had too much push for him. To my surprise, he told me that I had tons of steering and my car was kinda hard to drive. I took him at his word, and dialed out some of the steering and tried his panther slicks on my next qualifier on my car. Holy crap I had steering. I was clipping pipes all over the place, and turned a crappy time, but...I had my fastest hero lap yet, lol. Well, we ended up in the same main, so I had to run my tires, slicked out Proline Clay Ions with aka red inserts. Well, my car was back to pushing, not a ton, but enough to make the car undesirable. After racing, I took my tires over to a sponsored AKA driver and asked him what he thought of my foams....he said they were done and to cut them out and replace the foams. The panther orange foams, were much much stiffer than my worn out AKA reds. Thus gave me too much rear bite. I always liked AKA reds when I ran outdoors, because they were a little softer than proline or JC. But running on high bite clay with slicks, I feel like they are short lived. The AKA sponsored guys use the AKA red foams just fine, but they also replace their foams often. I plan to try the dirt tech inserts with some smoothies if they ever come in. So yeah, I was running the "same" tire and insert as the fast guys, but in reality, they were not the same at all. I kinda knew all along my foams were the issue. When I first used those tires, they were great and I had tons of steering, but this little event just confirmed it for me. The "right" tires and foams are not always the brand you buy, but the level of break in they have received.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #10184
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
So..... tire foams. I am no tire foam guru. It is easy to see when open cells are no good, but closed cell have been a slight mystery to me. For a couple months I have been fighting push. I tried every tuning trick to get more steering. I got the car to OK. I have been waiting for the JC slicks to come into stock, but that is a ways off. Last night, a friends car has some issues right before his heat. I gave him my car to run, while I tore his tranny apart. He ran a set of panther slicks with orange inserts that he had. When, he came back to the pits after his race, I asked him if my car had too much push for him. To my surprise, he told me that I had tons of steering and my car was kinda hard to drive. I took him at his word, and dialed out some of the steering and tried his panther slicks on my next qualifier on my car. Holy crap I had steering. I was clipping pipes all over the place, and turned a crappy time, but...I had my fastest hero lap yet, lol. Well, we ended up in the same main, so I had to run my tires, slicked out Proline Clay Ions with aka red inserts. Well, my car was back to pushing, not a ton, but enough to make the car undesirable. After racing, I took my tires over to a sponsored AKA driver and asked him what he thought of my foams....he said they were done and to cut them out and replace the foams. The panther orange foams, were much much stiffer than my worn out AKA reds. Thus gave me too much rear bite. I always liked AKA reds when I ran outdoors, because they were a little softer than proline or JC. But running on high bite clay with slicks, I feel like they are short lived. The AKA sponsored guys use the AKA red foams just fine, but they also replace their foams often. I plan to try the dirt tech inserts with some smoothies if they ever come in. So yeah, I was running the "same" tire and insert as the fast guys, but in reality, they were not the same at all. I kinda knew all along my foams were the issue. When I first used those tires, they were great and I had tons of steering, but this little event just confirmed it for me. The "right" tires and foams are not always the brand you buy, but the level of break in they have received.
Sweep inserts are very good for slicks as well, and also orange.. hmmm.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #10185
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,114
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rides View Post
Yea they did I love this car. I have never been a big AE fan but they got this one right. I hope they put the same effort into there new 1/8th buggy. The one they have now is a pos. It's gonna have to be real good to pry the kyosho out of my hands though.
Funny because I will for the first time ever will be getting a 1/8th buggy. Kinda hope the new Associated one is out by spring because if it is 1/2 as good as my B5M feels I will take a chance on it. I'm only going to run it a few times in the summer so not like I will ever be 1/8th scale god.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:19 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net