Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree137Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 04-22-2024, 12:09 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Matt , all the parts are designed to work together by the Ae engineers.

This way they achieve more ability to tune for various track conditions while competition is stuck with just one option.
That is the stupidest thing i ever heard... Engineers are very specific and precise when they design something. If that was the case then those parts would be on the other car.
You guys can talk about it all day run what you want. sure there are times that things work better when somebody thinks outside the box like Kinwald turning his tires inside out I get it. But some of the stuff you guys come up is such a waste of time. Run it the way it was intended to run and concentrate on your lap times. Im out like Matt said Enough!
Old 05-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aeRayls
There's the problem... You need to know what you're doing!!!

I feel your pain Matt.... It's like arguing with a 10 year old that knows it all
Ae that was hilarious! dont think any of them know what thier doing and worst of all they are not even 10 lol!
Old 05-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

hello people! so i got my B5M a week ago, i came here to learn some racing setups/tips. After reading a few hundred posts, i noticed that people were having motor temp issues?

So, as of now I am only concerned about my B5M running its motors hot, because my driving style- is aggressive and i run 8.5 turn for 2wd modified class at our indoor dirt track.

I thought I saw somewhere- someone suggesting that we cut out the stock B5M body's side scoops? The scoops' positionings look right and the right side scoop looks like it lines up with the motor so should it stream cool air straight on the motor? OR would it be disastrous, weakening the body? Any tips or advices will be appreciated! Pic is attached for reference.

Subscribed.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread-image.jpg  
Old 05-20-2014, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Listen, I get what everyone is saying... But if you're not on the level of being able to tell 1mm droop difference in your car or a 1mm ball stud change. Then you should just concentrate on proper maintenance of your cars and practice practice practice!
Swapping all these parts around isn't going to make any signifificant difference and had a great chance of throwing you off.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjwitczak
hello people! so i got my B5M a week ago, i came here to learn some racing setups/tips. After reading a few hundred posts, i noticed that people were having motor temp issues?

So, as of now I am only concerned about my B5M running its motors hot, because my driving style- is aggressive and i run 8.5 turn for 2wd modified class at our indoor dirt track.

I thought I saw somewhere- someone suggesting that we cut out the stock B5M body's side scoops? The scoops' positionings look right and the right side scoop looks like it lines up with the motor so should it stream cool air straight on the motor? OR would it be disastrous, weakening the body? Any tips or advices will be appreciated! Pic is attached for reference.

Subscribed.
The temp issues are mainly in 17.5, because they are geared to the sky to get power. That said a MM motor will run hotter than an RM car. For me, its normally 20-30deg higher. Since i normally run 110 in RM, I only temp out at 140ish with a mod motor. Just vent the body and keep an eye on temps. even maifield vents his body
Old 05-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcnb5SPVawo

3:17-4:00 should clear up the debate
Old 05-20-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Old 05-20-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

Subscribed.
Cut it out and create a flap that directs the air down into the hole you created. Does not look pretty but we are racers looking for results, right?
Old 05-20-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default CENTRO WEIGHT???

Fellas quick question, I installed the centro-rc alluminum bulkhead (13gm) n the centro brass front brace (24gm). All same as the GHEA product ..........I was told that this will certainly cause my car to push!!! Is this true? Has anyone else tested?
Old 05-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will the tecnacraft turnbuckles on my B4 work on my B5.
Old 05-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by gticlay
In one of the early interview videos someone from AE, I think Kody N. said you could run them in different combinations for tuning options. Of course, you need to know what you are doing for it to work correctly...
Sounds better then saying Ae designed only one way for gull wings..
Old 05-20-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

be happy that the parts can interchange.. sometimes it takes trying something and seeing to understand how it will work. don't bash on who is right or wrong just help each other making a better car.

Last edited by rickster; 05-20-2014 at 09:05 PM. Reason: dont want to listen to complaining
Old 05-20-2014, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Subscribed.
Having said all that... What is your motor geared at, and what temp is it coming off after 5 mins ? 8 mins ? 10+ mins ?

Just because others are having a problem does not mean you will. As someone already said, the temp issues are 17.5 guys that geared to the roof. I run like 10-15 mins on my 8.5T geared 78/23 and I come off at like 140.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

no heat problems for me. i run a trinity 7.5. I did vent the body
Old 05-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah123
Cut it out and create a flap that directs the air down into the hole you created. Does not look pretty but we are racers looking for results, right?
this is what I saw maifield go. he made a flap that was lifted up to direct air in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.