R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 12-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #9961
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
it has been a year. AE has been doing "something" after a year. What? who know.
Ya I mean why else would a kit that has been out and basically readily available for almost a year be on back order everywhere? I wonder when they will announce it and what they have up their sleeve. Glad I didn't buy a new kit yet but it is deff time for a new kit been running my b5m 2-4 times a week for like 6-7 months.

Proud To Represent: Fantom Racing - Schelle Racing - FastTraxx Hobbies
dbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #9962
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hmm...explains the massive discount for the B5M at my LHS during the black friday sale last month.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #9963
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nobody has heard about the LA port problems?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/lo...es-port-strike
Sean Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:21 AM   #9964
Tech Initiate

Default must haves

I have a question I have been out of the sport for about 5 years getting back into it and I have raced other manufacturers vehiclesI am wanting to run Team Associated this go around.I am wondering what the must have parts for the B5M are.I race here in Salt Lake City at IRCR.
K Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #9965
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

Read the first post and go from there.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #9966
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default LA PORT issues

I am surprised that nobody has brought that up yet.

The LA port is having serious issues. it is/was only a matter of time before the affects of this really hit.

It is crazy how much really is not getting done at the port.

For now, it will only get worse. And the cost of shipments will/should go up too. in order to ensure shipments coming in timely, they will need to use much more expensive shipping methods from the production facilities.
InsanityDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #9967
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Factor View Post
I have a question I have been out of the sport for about 5 years getting back into it and I have raced other manufacturers vehiclesI am wanting to run Team Associated this go around.I am wondering what the must have parts for the B5M are.I race here in Salt Lake City at IRCR.
I race at IRCR and I have a bone stock B5M buggy. I've raced it there a few different Wednesday races in the Stock Buggy class and do quite well with it. The tire of choice seems to be the Dirt Webs in Gold. I dont have any hopups for my B5M yet and run a brick pack so my car is heavy. Anthony is one of the fastest in Stock Buggy and he has quite a few hopups like shorty pack, lightened top shaft, turnbuckles, and good bearings to name just a few. His car is super light and fast. I'm not sure what are the must have parts are because I havent ever broken or upgraded anything. This is my first ever dirt car and I think just experience racing and lots of practice is the only must have to be competitive there, but once you get past that point then it seems the lighter the better.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #9968
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussF View Post
I race at IRCR and I have a bone stock B5M buggy. I've raced it there a few different Wednesday races in the Stock Buggy class and do quite well with it. The tire of choice seems to be the Dirt Webs in Gold. I dont have any hopups for my B5M yet and run a brick pack so my car is heavy. Anthony is one of the fastest in Stock Buggy and he has quite a few hopups like shorty pack, lightened top shaft, turnbuckles, and good bearings to name just a few. His car is super light and fast. I'm not sure what are the must have parts are because I havent ever broken or upgraded anything. This is my first ever dirt car and I think just experience racing and lots of practice is the only must have to be competitive there, but once you get past that point then it seems the lighter the better.
Ya my opinion is that the b5m performs best at around the 1540-1570 gm mark. Mine weighs 1540 and it is absolutely dialed. Only upgrades I have are pucks, aluminum top shaft, avid slipper, and titanium turnbuckles. Actually to prove my point there is a local guy who was racing yesterday and he has the xfactory carbon chassis and he just couldn't get his b5m to work (track was a lil loose) so he said hes going to put it back stock.

I think the key to stock is a good motor (not a $200 motor but like a killshot with a HT rotor which is what I run), battery and maybe do some things to lighten the drive train like pucks and aluminum top shaft. Thats it.

Proud To Represent: Fantom Racing - Schelle Racing - FastTraxx Hobbies
dbowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:09 PM   #9969
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cochran View Post
Nobody has heard about the LA port problems?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/lo...es-port-strike
Those links are over a year and a half old.
BRSracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 02:28 PM   #9970
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSracing View Post
Those links are over a year and a half old.
Here's one from last week.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/politica...mas-1418941737
Old 12-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #9971
Tech Elite

Sometimes I wonder if half of you are eating too much hormoned up chicken. Stop worrying about whether or not a factory team edition comes out. So what if it does. Do you believe you couldn't sell your current edition because AE adds some frickin aluminum bits to the new release? Is it some how magically more pristine because those bits come on the car? Can't you add them to your car over a few weeks?

Sadly i ran stock buggy this weekend and blistered the guys with all the fancy upgrades like pucks, motor plates, front axles, bearings, titanium screws, watt meter racers... with my stock kit plus aluminium c and d blocks. It all comes down to tuning a setup. Unfortunately for these poor souls there's still a good .2-.3 out on the track as far as hot laps go. Motor and speedo at 115f. Hell thats cooler than my mod setup.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:02 PM   #9972
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowen View Post
Ya my opinion is that the b5m performs best at around the 1540-1570 gm mark. Mine weighs 1540 and it is absolutely dialed. Only upgrades I have are pucks, aluminum top shaft, avid slipper, and titanium turnbuckles. Actually to prove my point there is a local guy who was racing yesterday and he has the xfactory carbon chassis and he just couldn't get his b5m to work (track was a lil loose) so he said hes going to put it back stock.

I think the key to stock is a good motor (not a $200 motor but like a killshot with a HT rotor which is what I run), battery and maybe do some things to lighten the drive train like pucks and aluminum top shaft. Thats it.
Don't forget, you need the ESC that gives the most timing while in blinky mode.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:51 PM   #9973
Tech Adept

I just got a scale from harbor freight last week to weigh my cars. my b5m is coming in at 1527 grams with a mip topshaft, schelle slipper and the aluminum screws set. i'm running a 200 gram shorty, not running typos or anything else to lighten the car. the servo is a cheapie solar 770 maybe 50 grams didn't weigh it and the esc is a rs pro
2dialed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:54 PM   #9974
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
Sometimes I wonder if half of you are eating too much hormoned up chicken. Stop worrying about whether or not a factory team edition comes out. So what if it does. Do you believe you couldn't sell your current edition because AE adds some frickin aluminum bits to the new release? Is it some how magically more pristine because those bits come on the car? Can't you add them to your car over a few weeks?

Sadly i ran stock buggy this weekend and blistered the guys with all the fancy upgrades like pucks, motor plates, front axles, bearings, titanium screws, watt meter racers... with my stock kit plus aluminium c and d blocks. It all comes down to tuning a setup. Unfortunately for these poor souls there's still a good .2-.3 out on the track as far as hot laps go. Motor and speedo at 115f. Hell thats cooler than my mod setup.
I wouldnt be worried about the aluminum bits, I think they learned a lot about the front end geometry and maybe a .1 or .2 or whatever would include a a revised front end. I dont think too many care about the aluminum bits there is prob 10 companies making those lol. Im not being rude so dont take it the wrong way please!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #9975
Tech Elite

Understood. Not a problem. Generally items like this would be a running change.. especially since the parts already exist. Slap a new kit # on the box and push on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter36 View Post
I wouldnt be worried about the aluminum bits, I think they learned a lot about the front end geometry and maybe a .1 or .2 or whatever would include a a revised front end. I dont think too many care about the aluminum bits there is prob 10 companies making those lol. Im not being rude so dont take it the wrong way please!
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote