R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #9916
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,909
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

known issue. I dont have a gear diff, but I have read a lot about bone breaking issues with it. unsure if AE did any running fixes
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #9917
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1,180
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Maybe measure and compare cup lengths. From a ball diff to a gear diff. Maybe the gear diff cup is deeper or protrudes further out? I dont have a gear diff to measure sorry.
__________________
Takin the lil guy racin...
Skeeter36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #9918
Tech Regular
 
JeepnMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Maple Valley, WA (TRCR)
Posts: 468
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I have searched this thread and haven't seen this discussed in a few months. Does anybody know if a FT kit is even being discussed by chance? I know the team kit works well as it is with better bearings. I am a sucker for buying parts that won't really help performance though (especially with my driving ability).

I got bit buying a B4.2 right before the B5 came out, I am trying to avoid buying a dated model again.

Thanks for any info!
__________________
TRF801x - DB01RR - B5m Lite - TB03 - Variety Of Vintage Tamiya
JeepnMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #9919
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,909
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnMike View Post
I have searched this thread and haven't seen this discussed in a few months. Does anybody know if a FT kit is even being discussed by chance? I know the team kit works well as it is with better bearings. I am a sucker for buying parts that won't really help performance though (especially with my driving ability).

I got bit buying a B4.2 right before the B5 came out, I am trying to avoid buying a dated model again.

Thanks for any info!
no rumors on that. the b5 is still not listed as discontinued
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #9920
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 1,180
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnMike View Post
I have searched this thread and haven't seen this discussed in a few months. Does anybody know if a FT kit is even being discussed by chance? I know the team kit works well as it is with better bearings. I am a sucker for buying parts that won't really help performance though (especially with my driving ability).

I got bit buying a B4.2 right before the B5 came out, I am trying to avoid buying a dated model again.

Thanks for any info!
I think your fine buying a team kit. All the upgrades are available and I dont forsee this platform going anywhere anytime soon. but manufacturers are always looking to build on what they have so maybe there will be a FT kit.
__________________
Takin the lil guy racin...
Skeeter36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #9921
Tech Elite
 
Graham11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,019
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
known issue. I dont have a gear diff, but I have read a lot about bone breaking issues with it. unsure if AE did any running fixes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter36 View Post
Maybe measure and compare cup lengths. From a ball diff to a gear diff. Maybe the gear diff cup is deeper or protrudes further out? I dont have a gear diff to measure sorry.
Any idea how to avoid? I run on carpet so prefer gear diff.
__________________
Hot Bodies Racing - Team Pro-Line - Maxy's Fuel - LRP - Trinity
Hobby Hut - Trains N Lanes - Mushroom Bowl - LCRC
Graham11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #9922
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,909
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham11 View Post
Any idea how to avoid? I run on carpet so prefer gear diff.
contact AE, maybe they have a running fix
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #9923
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,339
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

There will be a factory team version, just a matter of when. With that said, I am running a B5M with no bling on it and its running fantastic. Just B5R arms and machined shock pistons. Huge upgrade in handling over my old RB5 buggy, wished I got one sooner!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:20 PM   #9924
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 507
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Our local track sold out of the kits and they are telling people that their manufacturer is telling them that a 5.1 or 5.2 or something is coming out at the end of this year. I don't know if this is true or not. This is just what I was told.
They said it would be small changes like slightly different shock towers.

With this being said, I just bought 3 b5m team kits.
__________________
Colorado On-Road RC Club
www.5280raceway.com
www.facebook.com/CORtrack
Driving: Xray T4 2015, T.O.P. Rebel 12, Durango DEX8T, Durango DEX408 v2, Associated B5M, Associated B44.2
rc_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #9925
Super Moderator
 
racer1812's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 14,699
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_speed View Post
Our local track sold out of the kits and they are telling people that their manufacturer is telling them that a 5.1 or 5.2 or something is coming out at the end of this year. I don't know if this is true or not. This is just what I was told.
They said it would be small changes like slightly different shock towers.

With this being said, I just bought 3 b5m team kits.
"B5M FT" version, only major change....comes with RM f/r arms and front tower.
__________________
Stand for the flag, kneel for the fallen.

Thank you to all of our service men and women!

racer1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #9926
Tech Elite
 
aeRayls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,215
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham11 View Post
Any idea how to avoid? I run on carpet so prefer gear diff.
Are using o-rings in the out drive so that the bone won't go too far in? I do believe the gear diff needs one on each side.
__________________
Team Associated~Reedy~LRP~XP Digital~JConcepts~92zero Designs~Big Horn Designs~


Go that way really fast... if something gets in your way... TURN!
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #9927
Tech Elite
 
Graham11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,019
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeRayls View Post
Are using o-rings in the out drive so that the bone won't go too far in? I do believe the gear diff needs one on each side.
No orings in out drives but what would that do?
__________________
Hot Bodies Racing - Team Pro-Line - Maxy's Fuel - LRP - Trinity
Hobby Hut - Trains N Lanes - Mushroom Bowl - LCRC
Graham11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #9928
Tech Regular
 
gooba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: grimes,ia
Posts: 470
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

It keeps the shaft from going into the cup too far it's an old dog bone trick. When cars came with dog bones they had the same problem
__________________
I spend money I don't have on parts I don't need to beat people I don't know
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #9929
Tech Elite
 
aeRayls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,215
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooba View Post
It keeps the shaft from going into the cup too far it's an old dog bone trick. When cars came with dog bones they had the same problem
True, forgot about that. Really it's hard to say what's happening with his issue. Never seen anyone have this problem with the B5's
__________________
Team Associated~Reedy~LRP~XP Digital~JConcepts~92zero Designs~Big Horn Designs~


Go that way really fast... if something gets in your way... TURN!
aeRayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #9930
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,391
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
"B5M FT" version, only major change....comes with RM f/r arms and front tower.
Don't forget the option to run your batter in-line.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:26 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net