Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'd love to get my hands on that motor. And anodized all the blue to purple.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skeeter36
I dont run stock but a lot of the fast stock guys locally run the hacker skalar 17.5! For a stock motor that thing is wicked quick but i have also heard they can be hard to come by.
Aero Model the US distributor for hacker is going out of business. That is why I didnt mention the motor.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Tekin not what it use to be? I'd love to fly out to some of these tracks and actually race with some of you guys and see what problems you guys experience. Maybe I could help get to the bottom of something you have an issue with. While the HW is a great speedo I have yet to lose a race because someone had a better speedo or motor. Every motor company you have mentioned has good motors. One isn't better than the other IMO. Winners of the Cactus, OCRC stock nats, and 2nd and 3rd in the pro class at the OCRC stock Nats run at my local track so it's always a nationals at club races.
I worked with Randy to get my gen2 tekin super smooth on the brakes and throttle. I really didnt like the feel at all. Tessman used to run their stuff and ditched it for the orion. Which is an over priced HW. Tekin has GREAT service, but IMO that is where it ends. I really really wanted tekin to be good. The motors ran hotter and felt slower than my reedys turn for turn. The esc has great "features", nice solder posts, easily tuned drag brake at the track side, data logging and so on. But at the end of the day it feels like an on/off switch. I know a few guys that run on super high bite that prefer the binary feel of the tekin in 17.5 with a slipper eliminator. They feel 17.5 is an on/off class when it comes to throttle. I have run the tekins and I have talked to die hard tekin users that tried an HW esc, and they all feel the HW stuff is smooth and more linear on brake and throttle feel. If tekin ever gets the same feel as the HW stuff, I will switch to tekin in a heart beat, just because of the small form factor and soldering posts. Keep in mind, when I was using the tekin stuff I was getting a military discount which greatly lowers the cost. But the great price and great customer service was not enough to keep me using the product when the feel was not good at all.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What are peoples thoughts on the hobbywing justock? I currently have a pair of 1st gen Tekin RS's (with a 3rd not in anything). I know a lot of people like hobbywings in general but the justocks aren't the same as the v3.1s and have double the internal resistance of my RS's.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Tekin not what it use to be? I'd love to fly out to some of these tracks and actually race with some of you guys and see what problems you guys experience. Maybe I could help get to the bottom of something you have an issue with. While the HW is a great speedo I have yet to lose a race because someone had a better speedo or motor. Every motor company you have mentioned has good motors. One isn't better than the other IMO. Winners of the Cactus, OCRC stock nats, and 2nd and 3rd in the pro class at the OCRC stock Nats run at my local track so it's always a nationals at club races.
not trying to start a fight, but really curious. What elite drivers run tekin? Not the local stock sponsored guys or even the regional sponsored guys. I can only think of Ryan Lutz.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
not trying to start a fight, but really curious. What elite drivers run tekin? Not the local stock sponsored guys or even the regional sponsored guys. I can only think of Ryan Lutz.
I'll answer that with a question...How many users on here are anywhere near the elite guys in talent yet they will go buy something just cause a pro has it. Take the B5 (trying to get back on topic) it's a great car and has had some great runs. Why....because about 90% of the racers run it so the chances a B5 wins are higher than other manufacturers. Does that mean the other cars aren't capable of winning? No, but it will take a focused racer to beat a B5. Mayfield left the B5 platform and is just as fast with that 22 as he was with the B5. Tekin doesn't have all the Cavs and Tebos that many base their buying products on but it's a great speedo and motor. if you're ever in sac racing is on me ;-) Curious to see if my car feels right in your hands.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sstriano
Been out of the scene for awhile and picked up a B5M kit, Spektrum DX4R and now I need some input on ESC/Motor and Servo.

I was looking at LRP Flow Team w/17.5 motor and also the Tekin RS GEN2 w/17.5. Any suggestions there?

What about a servo? I was thinking SC1258TG from Savox but heard of problems with Spektrum receivers??

Thanks!
So this is what I just pulled the trigger on:

1) Reedy Sonic 540 Mach 2 17.5 Spec Brushless Motor
2) HobbyWing XERUN-120A-V3.1 ESC (1/10, 1/12 Car), Black
3) Hobbywing Multifunction LCD Program Box for ESC Programming (3-function)
4) Savox SC-1258TG Super Speed Titanium Gear Standard Digital Servo
5) Thunder Power RC TP610C-ACDC Multi-Chemistry AC/DC Charger/Discharger/Cycler with Balancing System

That combined with the B5M Kit and the Spektrum DX4r Pro and all I need now is batteries...

I wanted a good ESC that I can run mod with too eventually... So I went with the V3.1 not SPEC.

What do you think? Did I make the right choices?
Old 12-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

5) Thunder Power RC TP610C-ACDC Multi-Chemistry AC/DC Charger/Discharger/Cycler with Balancing System

That combined with the B5M Kit and the Spektrum DX4r Pro and all I need now is batteries...

I wanted a good ESC that I can run mod with too eventually... So I went with the V3.1 not SPEC.

Thinking about that radio myself. I like the small receiver it comes with.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thinking about that radio myself. I like the small receiver it comes with.
Yeah, and it came with a SR200, SR410, and then a promo item SR4210.

What about the rest of the items? Did I do good?

I used to race 1/10, 1/8 Nitro and a little bit of 1/4 Dirt Oval back in the day (early 90's)... Man things have changed.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I have to say that I raced with tekin for years but I made the switch to Orion and am much happier now. Too much of an on/off switch feel with tekin imo.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah, and it came with a SR200, SR410, and then a promo item SR4210.

What about the rest of the items? Did I do good?

I used to race 1/10, 1/8 Nitro and a little bit of 1/4 Dirt Oval back in the day (early 90's)... Man things have changed.
Everything else is just fine. Get the correct tires for the track you will be running on. Tire's are 90% of setup IMO. The B5M drives itself. If you've been out for a while I'd run the box stock setup and get back use to things and once you can run a pack consistently without crashing then start trying different things on the car.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
Schoettler inline

How do you like the in line setup this way? Im assuming you have the esc behind the battery and on the chassis?
Old 12-17-2014, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graham11
if anyone knows of a 30mm fan protector let me know, I think PSM makes one but I dont believe its 30mm?
30mm Fan protector:
http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...rbon-Protector

MiCk B. :-)
Old 12-17-2014, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The stock spec is basically the same as the regular 3.1 only it is 100a vs 120a but it still can run down to a 5.5t which the regular 3.1 runs down to a 5.5t with 2s lipo off road the only major difference is the stock spec only ways like 40 grams bc it has a plastic case which is great for stock, were the regular 3.1 weighs like 90 grams bc it has an aluminum case. But the 3.1 is still a great choice just making sure you realize the differences I know it is very misleading to call it "Stock Spec"
Old 12-17-2014, 06:33 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbowen
The stock spec is basically the same as the regular 3.1 only it is 100a vs 120a but it still can run down to a 5.5t which the regular 3.1 runs down to a 5.5t with 2s lipo off road the only major difference is the stock spec only ways like 40 grams bc it has a plastic case which is great for stock, were the regular 3.1 weighs like 90 grams bc it has an aluminum case. But the 3.1 is still a great choice just making sure you realize the differences I know it is very misleading to call it "Stock Spec"
So motor regulations are the same?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.