R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree9Likes

Old 12-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #9661
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter36 View Post
Flat front arms will probably make his car rotate even more. get rid of the RM rear arms and put the kit ones on with your hubs in the middle.
The flat arms smoothed out my whole entry and exit... The regular mm arms made my steering more aggressive. At least for me thats why i asked
deftones.jt@gma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #9662
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Flat front arms will probably make his car rotate even more. get rid of the RM rear arms and put the kit ones on with your hubs in the middle.
The flat arms definitely do NOT make the car turn quicker on entry. I have tried both many times, I cant stand the gulwings. The are not smooth and have kinda a jerky entry. The flat front arms are definitely smoother and more forgiving to drive. As for the rear of the car? I run either the RM or MM rear arm depending. I find the tuning window with the RM arms is all you really need. full forward for more rear bite and move the hubs back for gain a little steering.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #9663
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
The flat arms definitely do NOT make the car turn quicker on entry. I have tried both many times, I cant stand the gulwings. The are not smooth and have kinda a jerky entry. The flat front arms are definitely smoother and more forgiving to drive. As for the rear of the car? I run either the RM or MM rear arm depending. I find the tuning window with the RM arms is all you really need. full forward for more rear bite and move the hubs back for gain a little steering.
Exactly my thoughts...
Old 12-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #9664
Tech Regular

I actually went back to the gullwings because our new layouts have a bunch of 180's... I needed the car to be alot more aggressive on those... When the layout isnt as technical i switch back to the flat arms
Old 12-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #9665
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I actually went back to the gullwings because our new layouts have a bunch of 180's... I needed the car to be alot more aggressive on those... When the layout isnt as technical i switch back to the flat arms
I was doing that, but recently went to zero ackerman washers when I wanted to increase turn in. I was very surprised how much steering was gained with each washer i removed. It is one of the changes on the car that "feels" like a big change to me.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #9666
Tech Regular

Quote:
I was doing that, but recently went to zero ackerman washers when I wanted to increase turn in. I was very surprised how much steering was gained with each washer i removed. It is one of the changes on the car that "feels" like a big change to me.
Will have to keep that in mind... Thanks
Old 12-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #9667
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The car will have a more mellow feel but will rotate more with flat front arms. None of us know what his track surface is and WildCat runs on a high bite slick track so he wont notice the rotation as much as others because the rear of his car is probably pretty locked in. This guy depending on arms and track surface, if he is running kit front arms could probably lower his front spindle and it would help him a ton.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:30 PM   #9668
Tech Master

What I mean by none of us really know what his track is like: my definition of medium traction and his or wildcats could be wildly different. Gulls and flats both have their strong suits.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:32 PM   #9669
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone have a link to SLRC (STIKY LIKS RACING COMPONETS) I want to buy their chassi asap!!
chonchachencho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #9670
Tech Master

And you can tell by wildcats track conditions that the gullwings are way too aggressive for that setting. He specifically said I cant stand gullwings. Thats because he runs on a track that has plenty of traction when on slicks with no sauce(because it isnt allowed).
Old 12-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #9671
Tech Regular

Quote:
The car will have a more mellow feel but will rotate more with flat front arms. None of us know what his track surface is and WildCat runs on a high bite slick track so he wont notice the rotation as much as others because the rear of his car is probably pretty locked in. This guy depending on arms and track surface, if he is running kit front arms could probably lower his front spindle and it would help him a ton.
I disagree... I run on medium bite and can rotate ten times quicker with the gullwings in my experience
Old 12-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #9672
Tech Master

i have no issues agreeing to disagree lol. My experience has been different. I run on a few different tracks ranging from med grip to extremely high grip and by extremely high grip I mean traction roll at like 1.5 MPH lol
Old 12-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #9673
Tech Elite

I find that the gullwings turn in hard as the front end dives into the corner, but the front end stays down longer and keeps the car rotating. Makes the car not square up as well on exit. Good for some tracks/ layout/ driving style, not good for others.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:34 PM   #9674
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Now this is something i hadn't even considered. I also run Zero washers, maybe i need to do the reverse of what you did and start adding a few and see what happens. I will also try moving my Rear hubs forward as well to see if that helps me out with some traction issues in the rear. Thank you guys for the extra push forward in suggestions on things i should change. Thats why i love this Site. Endless amounts of information.
bh796B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #9675
Tech Master

Lots of us will disagree but the end result will be the op getting the information that they need.