Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread >

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Like Tree54Likes

Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Old 12-08-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heinen81
Yeah the whole inline battery or battery and electronics topic has confused me. Maybe its just personal preference, or believing something feels better because you want it to... but any of the big races I've been to, Cav and those guys have their batteries and electronics in the stock locations, and not hacking up their cars to relocate anything. I did see Cav moved his steering servo to the opposite side on his B44.3... but other than that, if the pros aren't cutting cars apart to get them to handle, I cant believe they don't work without re-configuring everything.
Nick, from AE was hacking up his car. He was trying the battery inline and the esc on top. He posted that he was unsure if he liked it or not.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

No kidding? that's interesting. There are some fast guys by us who swear by the inline, and other who don't. That got me thinking that maybe Associated wouldn't let team drivers modify things that heavily and possibly hurt sales, being that the engineers didn't catch this from the start. Its got me curious to try it... and I suppose its easy enough to switch back. For those who switched... do you find it helps you in balance, or traction? if it induces more side bite, I'd be all for it.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

No kidding? that's interesting. There are some fast guys by us who swear by the inline, and other who don't. That got me thinking that maybe Associated wouldn't let team drivers modify things that heavily and possibly hurt sales, being that the engineers didn't catch this from the start. Its got me curious to try it... and I suppose its easy enough to switch back. For those who switched... do you find it helps you in balance, or traction? if it induces more side bite, I'd be all for it.
I have two cars, one with and one stock, they are not 100% the same, but there is a definite difference to be noticed. The inline car is more reactive, I prefer the arc it makes through a turn, where the sideways car seem to dump weight a but more, but they sideways car had better rear grip overall, and doesn't really lack steering, it just feels different.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Instead of lap times that lack basic scientific method, can I just get pictures and numbers from a corner weight setup?

I'm now tempted to pickup 4 scales and see for myself, but I would like to see what changes the numbers show, and then run the setup that reflects the numbers I'm after.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Prophet

it induces a more reactive car, not more rear bite. the car has plenty of rear bite. I was doing wheelies in 17.5 last weekend.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
Instead of lap times that lack basic scientific method, can I just get pictures and numbers from a corner weight setup?

I'm now tempted to pickup 4 scales and see for myself, but I would like to see what changes the numbers show, and then run the setup that reflects the numbers I'm after.
Socket,

I too, wondered how much the inline changed the weight distribution, and as I recall, there was little difference on the scales. There was a picture either on here or B5nation (facebook). If I can find it, I will post it.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:45 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCBuddha
Socket,

I too, wondered how much the inline changed the weight distribution, and as I recall, there was little difference on the scales. There was a picture either on here or B5nation (facebook). If I can find it, I will post it.

Another method would be a G meter and a preset course, like a circle of a certain size.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
Another method would be a G meter and a preset course, like a circle of a certain size.
I'm sure that would work as well. Dug this up for you: http://www.rctech.net/forum/13263949-post4479.html
Old 12-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It definitely reacts alot quicker in corners... Took me a min to get used to it but once adjusted was fine... I only ran for about three packs. Wife was nagging me to come home so had to pack it up... Cant wait till i get a whole day to truly test it... I was blown away i dropped my laptimes that much in just three packs of testing... I didnt lose any rear grip it seemed also...
Old 12-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Yeah the whole inline battery or battery and electronics topic has confused me. Maybe its just personal preference, or believing something feels better because you want it to... but any of the big races I've been to, Cav and those guys have their batteries and electronics in the stock locations, and not hacking up their cars to relocate anything. I did see Cav moved his steering servo to the opposite side on his B44.3... but other than that, if the pros aren't cutting cars apart to get them to handle, I cant believe they don't work without re-configuring everything.
$10 bucks says Cav isn't allowed to. I would bet he has to run the car in a configuration the car was engineered to be run in.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Tech Prophet

I would "guess" that also. I have no proof of that though.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
$10 bucks says Cav isn't allowed to. I would bet he has to run the car in a configuration the car was engineered to be run in.
They are not allowed per team rules.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
Has anybody tried the Associated titanium screws yet? Was wondering how the quality compares to Lunsford.
I'd like to throw ProTek's into that comparison as well. I got the Alu kit but know i'm going to strip them out sooner than later.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 3D-Seth
My local track has a lot of rocks in their dirt. Scratches up the alu chassis pretty good/quick.

Also, I know for myself, I go through chassis protectors not from use, but from maintenance on the car, having to get to screws and such. I won't cut holes in the protector for the screws. I will usually just replace the protector when I have to get to screws. I'm a little picky when it comes to my cars though.

Seth
I just cut the holes about dime-sized around the screws then replace them when done or cut a fresh patch from the excess material around pre-cut on the sheet.

Would probably be easier to use some kind of small hole saw bit if you could find one small enough to get the cleanest fit.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

is the shelle ball stud mount I have the thin side up with 2 mm spacer in the middle hole?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.