R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Quick link to the front page

First Page

Print Wikipost

Like Tree6Likes

Old 12-07-2014, 09:44 PM   #9541
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys thought I would post this link to a video up for anyone interested in seeing the difference in running your battery Inline vs. Sideways in a 2wd buggy. Hope this helps answer some question anyone may have on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vhitSrKBeg
Old 12-08-2014, 06:14 AM   #9542
Tech Regular

Yeah the whole inline battery or battery and electronics topic has confused me. Maybe its just personal preference, or believing something feels better because you want it to... but any of the big races I've been to, Cav and those guys have their batteries and electronics in the stock locations, and not hacking up their cars to relocate anything. I did see Cav moved his steering servo to the opposite side on his B44.3... but other than that, if the pros aren't cutting cars apart to get them to handle, I cant believe they don't work without re-configuring everything.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:29 AM   #9543
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
Yeah the whole inline battery or battery and electronics topic has confused me. Maybe its just personal preference, or believing something feels better because you want it to... but any of the big races I've been to, Cav and those guys have their batteries and electronics in the stock locations, and not hacking up their cars to relocate anything. I did see Cav moved his steering servo to the opposite side on his B44.3... but other than that, if the pros aren't cutting cars apart to get them to handle, I cant believe they don't work without re-configuring everything.
Nick, from AE was hacking up his car. He was trying the battery inline and the esc on top. He posted that he was unsure if he liked it or not.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:41 AM   #9544
Tech Regular

No kidding? that's interesting. There are some fast guys by us who swear by the inline, and other who don't. That got me thinking that maybe Associated wouldn't let team drivers modify things that heavily and possibly hurt sales, being that the engineers didn't catch this from the start. Its got me curious to try it... and I suppose its easy enough to switch back. For those who switched... do you find it helps you in balance, or traction? if it induces more side bite, I'd be all for it.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:07 AM   #9545
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
No kidding? that's interesting. There are some fast guys by us who swear by the inline, and other who don't. That got me thinking that maybe Associated wouldn't let team drivers modify things that heavily and possibly hurt sales, being that the engineers didn't catch this from the start. Its got me curious to try it... and I suppose its easy enough to switch back. For those who switched... do you find it helps you in balance, or traction? if it induces more side bite, I'd be all for it.
I have two cars, one with and one stock, they are not 100% the same, but there is a definite difference to be noticed. The inline car is more reactive, I prefer the arc it makes through a turn, where the sideways car seem to dump weight a but more, but they sideways car had better rear grip overall, and doesn't really lack steering, it just feels different.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:24 AM   #9546
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Instead of lap times that lack basic scientific method, can I just get pictures and numbers from a corner weight setup?

I'm now tempted to pickup 4 scales and see for myself, but I would like to see what changes the numbers show, and then run the setup that reflects the numbers I'm after.
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:29 AM   #9547
Tech Prophet

Quote:
it induces a more reactive car, not more rear bite. the car has plenty of rear bite. I was doing wheelies in 17.5 last weekend.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:36 AM   #9548
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Instead of lap times that lack basic scientific method, can I just get pictures and numbers from a corner weight setup?

I'm now tempted to pickup 4 scales and see for myself, but I would like to see what changes the numbers show, and then run the setup that reflects the numbers I'm after.
Socket,

I too, wondered how much the inline changed the weight distribution, and as I recall, there was little difference on the scales. There was a picture either on here or B5nation (facebook). If I can find it, I will post it.
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:45 AM   #9549
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBuddha View Post
Socket,

I too, wondered how much the inline changed the weight distribution, and as I recall, there was little difference on the scales. There was a picture either on here or B5nation (facebook). If I can find it, I will post it.

Another method would be a G meter and a preset course, like a circle of a certain size.
Socket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 07:52 AM   #9550
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Another method would be a G meter and a preset course, like a circle of a certain size.
I'm sure that would work as well. Dug this up for you: Official Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
RCBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #9551
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It definitely reacts alot quicker in corners... Took me a min to get used to it but once adjusted was fine... I only ran for about three packs. Wife was nagging me to come home so had to pack it up... Cant wait till i get a whole day to truly test it... I was blown away i dropped my laptimes that much in just three packs of testing... I didnt lose any rear grip it seemed also...
deftones.jt@gma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:06 AM   #9552
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
$10 bucks says Cav isn't allowed to. I would bet he has to run the car in a configuration the car was engineered to be run in.
- RCSpecialties -
Cpt.America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #9553
Tech Prophet

I would "guess" that also. I have no proof of that though.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #9554
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.America View Post
$10 bucks says Cav isn't allowed to. I would bet he has to run the car in a configuration the car was engineered to be run in.
They are not allowed per team rules.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:31 PM   #9555
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Gierse View Post
Has anybody tried the Associated titanium screws yet? Was wondering how the quality compares to Lunsford.
I'd like to throw ProTek's into that comparison as well. I got the Alu kit but know i'm going to strip them out sooner than later.
AKA Racing
Mizchief is offline   Reply With Quote